Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sapper units for all major factions, v0.94 updated(17 Apr 2011) Austrian uniform updated

Default Re: Sapper units for all major factions, v0.92 updated(1.8.2010) Peninsular campaign, invisible units fix

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    would i also put the unit compatibily in the same folder
    definitely, and you won't need to add it to the scripts, it is not in mod format so will run automatically.

Default Re: Sapper units for all major factions, v0.94 updated(17 Apr 2011) Austrian uniform updated

This may be irrelevant, but the sappers of the 19th century wore more dragoon like helmets for the prussians, and more hats like this for the french. other factions are fine but simpler uniforms along militia lines. Again this may be irrelevant, but extremely good job with the sapper mod overall.

Default Re: Sapper units for all major factions, v0.94 updated(17 Apr 2011) Austrian uniform updated

Yes, it was a goal to add armor and helmets, but as I am no modeller, we are left with the field/dress uniforms you see. I did alter the French/British uniforms to match historical sources more closely. The others were simply variants of already existing units. They are correct though.

During an assault many would definitely have worn armor, perhaps if you can model units you should give it a go. I give you permission to use what I have already done.

Rep!

Love the ideas and great work, but as a Royal Military Artificer reenactor (Cadiz Garrison - yes, there is something sadder/madder than playing computer games ) feel it's a shame to only have the post 1813 (boringly ) red-coated Royal Sappers n'tc. represented...

We RMA (more accurate for the Peninsular) are generally slopping around (or fighting, when we get the chance) in the blue jackets and flat, grey forage caps/round hats of the unit - no shakos - with a mix of pickaxes, sharpened shovels and the odd cutlass/blunderbuss as weapons (the unit wasn't officially issued with muskets). Yes. I know. Modder hell. But in my dreams......

Keep up the good work

http://www.scribd.com/doc/87863005/5...ners-Unifos-ms

agunter999's Avatar Senator

could I use these in a mod of my own

can they malay with axes?!?!

That would be awwwwesome.

Updated link on first page.

If you ever want to use these units in a mod, go right ahead, just give credits.

p.s. no melee with axes...

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    Updated link on first page.

If you ever want to use these units in a mod, go right ahead, just give credits.

p.s. no melee with axes...

How funny, I was just thinking about sapper & miner units. I been playing the NTW3 ver5 as Spain. I had a funny experience, attacking a fort with no artillery. Thats when I though that this game doens't have sappers! WTF!! You shoud contact Steph, for his Masters of Europe to implement sappers in his mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    How funny, I was just thinking about sapper & miner units. I been playing the NTW3 ver5 as Spain. I had a funny experience, attacking a fort with no artillery. Thats when I though that this game doens't have sappers! WTF!! You shoud contact Steph, for his Masters of Europe to implement sappers in his mod!
    I really wish we could implement more options with the sapper units. But I just added stakes, melee ability, and good stamina to indicate they are an assault unit. Does Steph have any extra options associated with MoE mod for sapper units? Well, if he wants to use them, no problem.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I just give them grenade as well. We are unfortunately limited in the options.

I take it you've already implemented them. It is nice to have variety, even though we can't fully implement what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    I take it you've already implemented them. It is nice to have variety, even though we can't fully implement what we want.

Hello md1453, would you be able to build a sapper unit for spain? That could do earthworks and blockhouses?
    http://servicios.elcorreo.com/especi...de-primera.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peninsu...Ingenieros.jpg

And that could be used for MoE and NTW3?
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 04, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Hello md1453, would you be able to build a sapper unit for spain? That could do earthworks and blockhouses?
    http://servicios.elcorreo.com/especi...de-primera.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peninsu...Ingenieros.jpg

And that could be used for MoE and NTW3?
    They haven't made them yet in those mods? Are you certain?

It looks like an available variant file, so it may not be too much work. Its just been a while since I've dealt with NTW. I've been playing ETW and Rome 2 recently.

Patrician Artifex

Adding a new sapper uniform is not difficult in itself. But it requires available slots in the atlas for the textures. And they are often filled to capacity. So, to get Sappers in a specific mod like MoE, the question is "can it be done by mixing textures already used by other units or not?"

It also means editing all the required db table to add the unit everywhere.

Beside, since the game options for sappers are rather limited, is it really worth it? The only things we could do is add grenade or stacks. We cannot have sapper creates a bridge for example.

It seems md1453 used the same approach as I did: make sappers for the "major factions"... And Spain is not in the list
    Last edited by Steph; May 05, 2015 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    This is the Spanish sapper uniform that Lord Fullin made, it will be included with the v51 patch release.

But Lord Davn thinks it shoulds! Naa Naa Naaa..

Yeah, its really all about time and motivation in the end. I do like having different kinds of units though, rather than just new uniforms for infantry. Also, I was a sapper in the army as a young man.

I had thought about making them for other factions, but nobody had shown much interest. Also, I mostly played the main factions, although I did play Spain a bunch of times. Maybe when I get back to NTW I'll do it.

Stevenholmes--That's great you've got the unit! Those stats are definitely not vanilla though, must be part of a mod.

Patrician Artifex

Tss tss.. Making sapper because you were sapper in the army as a young man... Did I had airmen in NTW because I was in the air force?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Tss tss.. Making sapper because you were sapper in the army as a young man... Did I had airmen in NTW because I was in the air force?
    I was a Grenadier Guard... And you now the rest... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    ha ha, indeed the Airmen Guards were vital for military operations in the 19th century!

And Grenadier Guards too? So many veterans play these silly games...must be therapy.

edit: and congrats on the award Steph, well deserved I should say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast