Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoring Arnor

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

The file works fine. Thank you and rep

Aragorn needs to be alive!?!?!? He died defending against the first Invasion of Bree.

Damnit, 138 turns of play down the drain. Was so excited to have just completed the requirements.

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gharbad the Weak View Post

Finally there Isengard is somewhat of a problem though, they conquered Rohan and have invaded Gondor.. let's hope Arnors troops will arrive on time

Also make sure your economy is healthy enough when you become arnor, because all your free upkeep units start costing gold untill you have replaced them with the new arnor ones, which takes a few turns unless you want to keep your towns undefended.
    Wtf that exact same thing happened here haha.. Isengard destroyed Rohan and is now starting to invade Gondor, without my intervention Gondor may well start losing
    Computer specifications -
    GPU: GTX 780
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k overclocked @ 4 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme 4

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
    Wtf that exact same thing happened here haha.. Isengard destroyed Rohan and is now starting to invade Gondor, without my intervention Gondor may well start losing
    Exactly the same in my Campaign as well! I think it's because the OoTMM act as a deterrent to the factions which would, usually, prevent Isengards progress; I.E. Silvan Elves and Eriador. This freedom of the OoTMM is, in turn, linked to the OoG being created which means Gundabad protect the OoTMM, whilst also putting down the Dwarves and High Elves. It's a strange new dynamic, but yes; Isengard, now, is much stronger than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Clumber View Post
    Aragorn needs to be alive!?!?!? He died defending against the first Invasion of Bree.

Damnit, 138 turns of play down the drain. Was so excited to have just completed the requirements.
    Harsh, I know. But christ, that just made me laugh.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Why doesn't my Arnor colour change on the mini map like yours :S
    when i reforge arnor, my faction is still called "free peoples of Eriador". hmm

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by PimP_BombadiL View Post
    Why doesn't my Arnor colour change on the mini map like yours :S
    when i reforge arnor, my faction is still called "free peoples of Eriador". hmm

You need to download the files I uploaded a few pages back, that is exactly what they change; read the description above the files though, it contains important information!

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

do you think there should be sth. like a crusade option for Gondor and Arnor after reemerge Arnor(like in the war of the last alliance)^^?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    do you think there should be sth. like a crusade option for Gondor and Arnor after reemerge Arnor(like in the war of the last alliance)^^?
    That would be cool, they could probably use the Jihad for that. There most likely is a reason that something like that isn't implemented yet though.

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gharbad the Weak View Post
    That would be cool, they could probably use the Jihad for that. There most likely is a reason that something like that isn't implemented yet though.

Isn't it because Jihads can only be called by islamic priests? Therefore, you would have to add this agent into the game so that it can call the Jihad, however, what will this agent do in game when it's not calling Jihads?

they could put an agent on the map somewhere, and script when he would call "jihad"

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    they could put an agent on the map somewhere, and script when he would call "jihad"

Hmm, it's not a bad suggestion. The only other way of doing it, as far as I am aware, is by adding an entirely new faction. Something along the lines of a 'good' Sauron, who is the only faction who can recruit said agents and uses them to cal Jihad. You could do this by adding another region next to Sauron's city with another 'city which should not be seen', except holding a 'good' equivalent of Sauron within it.

Good suggestion, +Rep!

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Stick him up with Sauron They could have tea parties, though i'm not sure it'd work because he might make assassins.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

i don't think the game support 2 popes, unless the engine allows it, as stated, just stick a new faction there, with this special agent, make him respawn if he died of old age or anything else, and make him call jihads bases on various factors, that the team sees fit

BUT imho, don't forget, not all "good" factions can join, so thats a problem, but now that arnor exists, i say make one for dunedain culture only, if you could add northmen culture as well, that would be great, but imho, a "crusade" for gondor and arnor is enough, and seems fit for the game

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

That sounds good and whichever faction you aren't, indeed it could be both, spawns a priest like you say which respawns. If you're arnor it'll be gondor and vice versa. Wouldn't have to be another faction.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

You could also spawn one priest after the re-emergence of Arnor. You then have the possibility to call a "Last Alliance of the Numenorians" or something along these lines for once. As soon as you've done that the priest gets killed or just increase the time difference between two jihads to a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    You could also spawn one priest after the re-emergence of Arnor. You then have the possibility to call a "Last Alliance of the Numenorians" or something along these lines for once. As soon as you've done that the priest gets killed or just increase the time difference between two jihads to a really long time.

sounds great, and i don't think its gamebreaking at all, it adds some new flavor to the game

I started the Eriador campaign and am at turn 121, just finished building the house in Annuminas, but my Aragorn dies somewhere in a siege earlier the game, so is there are possible way for me to make Arnor emerge?

No, you're stuck with Eriador now.

Why did they decide to make it impossible unless you have aragorn? Won't his son have the same royal blood?