Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoring Arnor

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

Quote Originally Posted by TXTwilight View Post
    @Ayleid
    Are this tweeks savegame compatibly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesmith08 View Post
    Hey, @Ayleid are these edited files save game compatible, is it possbile that after you've re-united Arnor you can then swap the files?, thanks.

Yes, both the files are save-game compatible. That way you can keep eriador with her regular names when she isn't re-unified, but when she becomes Arnor you can drop the files into your directory and, voila, correct faction names and colouring. Hope this helps!

How long does Aragaron live? Is he the usual 70+- years old general? Is there no way how to create a longer lifespan for some of the heroes? (thanks)

The maximum age is 150.

thats plenty of time to build up arnor

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

when 150 is the max age what is the min age then? i mean for normal --pieceful-- deaths

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

You have plenty of time to get Arnor together before Aragorn dies

Almost done...

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

OH MY GOD Lots of coins and time and thats a very powerful aragorn...

Aragorn is a wuss, he has been out camping in Annùminas since turn 2, Gandalf is doing all of the conquering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharbad the Weak View Post
    Aragorn is a wuss, he has been out camping in Annùminas since turn 2, Gandalf is doing all of the conquering.
    I know. Aragorn was 94 years old when he was crowned King of Arnor in my campaign, and for all that time he was camping out in either Bree or Annuminas.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, Gharbad, how did you get Annuminas to the sufficient size so quickly?

Low taxes from turn 1 and Aragorn has been there all the time, he gives an additional 1% growth. He also has -1% squalor because he is a "kind ruler" and "active builder", that probably helped.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

It's really possible to becoeArnor relative early. In my campain i had the reemerge in turn 115 i think. so 115-12turns(house of the kings)= 103 turns

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Holding the three additional towns is tough, but I'm getting there, now I have to find 32.000

Finally there Isengard is somewhat of a problem though, they conquered Rohan and have invaded Gondor.. let's hope Arnors troops will arrive on time

Also make sure your economy is healthy enough when you become arnor, because all your free upkeep units start costing gold untill you have replaced them with the new arnor ones, which takes a few turns unless you want to keep your towns undefended.
    Last edited by Gharbad the Weak; July 25, 2010 at 09:38 AM.

Also make sure your economy is healthy enough when you become arnor, because all your free upkeep units start costing gold untill you have replaced them with the new arnor ones, which takes a few turns unless you want to keep your towns undefended.
    Short question about that, are you still able to (re)train Eriador units after becoming Arnor? Or are the military buildings changed automatically?

You can't (re)train the eriador units anymore, except for the hobbits. You will be able to train arnor units from the same barracks, they become available the next turn.

Weren't the original arnorian swordfighters better armoured than then Arnor. men at arms? Even gondor infantry is better
    "A Moment of Laxity Spawns a Lifetime of Heresy"

If you have a look at the Arnorian soldiers at the Battle of the Last Alliance in the Fellowship Movie you'll see DG&KK created clones of them ( Only the shields look diffrent).
    The diffrence to the former Arnorian soldiers is that they were numenoreans. That means that they were taller and more powerfull than middle-men. Problem is that in the Time of TATW remain only few Dunedain.
    So most of the Army of Arnor (except for the Knights of Arnor&Annuminas) consists of Middle-men. They do not reach the strength of the Numenoreans and even not of the Gondorians who are better armoured and have also still numenorean bllod in their veins.
    Last edited by Imrazôrs Erbe; July 25, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

that should be solved in a easy event, that consists on a numenorean-kind migration from all the middle earth to your kingdom. that should grant atleast 2 new units with better stats than gondor. Numenorean Spearman, Fornost Guard (horse) ? the spearman with the shield wall thing.

There simply were nearly no numenorians left, so you can't implement such an event. There were the rangers in the North, where most of them were Numenorians. But those already form up the Knights of Annúminas.
    In Gondor there were nearly none left anymore. There were only a few houses which could still call themselves Numenorian, e.g. the one of the Stewards.

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Low taxes from turn 1 and Aragorn has been there all the time, he gives an additional 1% growth. He also has -1% squalor because he is a "kind ruler" and "active builder", that probably helped.
    And building the townhall/concil chamber asap if its aviable, i usually build economy-buildings before them, but in that case its more compfortable to build the one with growth-bonus first, i got the
    city-size at round 86... but the money... the money...
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.