Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoring Arnor

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

Quote Originally Posted by Ayleid View Post
    Really? Oh, I apologise then. It looks as if I will have to keep two versions of the 'expanded' file I have eddited and the 'descr_sm_factions' file too.

P.s. If anyone wants me to upload these files, with editted faction names, etc. Then I will, but remember: IT WILL OVERWRITE THE ERIADOR NAMES AND ERIADOR FACTION COLOUR.
    It's the least I can do.

expanded goes straight into your data/text directory, where as descr_sm_factions goes straight into your data file. Remember to make back-ups, as these files will overwrite your data, and they do change the names of ERIADOR's units, cities and faction colour.

Use at your own caution, you have been warned!
    Nice I love the color for Arnor. +rep

i hereby declare the edital of TaTw and cheatcodes heresy and traichory to the King.

also, thanks for the links.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

War with Isengard is going to be very soon. They took Tharbad and some other rebel settlements before I could. :*(

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

Thx for uploading your files ,Arnor looks great now,but is it normal that im still able to build all these stupid wood buildings?
    Arnor is a Kingdom of Nûmenoreans so they need buildings like Gondor has.

and i mean more than the 3or 4 they got within the reunion in my game^^

Tharbad is for isengard only, unless the plyer plays isengard, the game spawns an army to the EMPTY Tharbad, so they have an extra edge , so to speak...so no chance to get tharbad w/o buy it out or war, as for coldfells, well it has 1 unit garissoned in it, but in the first 2-3 turns, gundabad orcs get it, no way you can reach it faster, not even with a unit of bodyguards only

so yeh, you are forced to go to war with both isengard, and the gundabad orcs, so make sure you have a steady economy& 2 stacks to conquer them

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Bear In mind, I haven't created anything here; only eddited 2 files to make the characters names fit with the new faction, and implement the colour scheme which King Kong created; but isn't working at the momment. This will most likely be only a temporary fix.

Changed the name of the faction & the capital city.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Changed the title of the faction leader of Arnor to: Arnor faction leader, instead of free peoples of eriador leader.

Demonstration of the new faction colour on the mini-map

You must remember: This overrides the ERIADOR faction's names & colours on the mini-map. It is advised to back up you previous files before over-writing with these. This permanently changes details, and should only be used by the player when he is playing as Arnor. If I have not made this clear in my first post, I will later re-upload the 'vanilla' versions of these files; so the player can revert back, if he makes a bit of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔crossjon♔ View Post
    Nice I love the color for Arnor. +rep
    It's not actually mine, it's KK and teams! I'll +Rep them on your behalf!
    Last edited by Ayleid; July 23, 2010 at 05:49 PM.

I see you did the exact same thing I did in my own TATW version lol.. it's a pity that Arnor isn't or can't be more polished..

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    Tharbad is for isengard only, unless the plyer plays isengard, the game spawns an army to the EMPTY Tharbad, so they have an extra edge , so to speak...so no chance to get tharbad w/o buy it out or war, as for coldfells, well it has 1 unit garissoned in it, but in the first 2-3 turns, gundabad orcs get it, no way you can reach it faster, not even with a unit of bodyguards only

so yeh, you are forced to go to war with both isengard, and the gundabad orcs, so make sure you have a steady economy& 2 stacks to conquer them
    i remember it that way too (but wasnt sure for i played 1.4 with rr/rc mostly)
    but its changed i guess, i just started an eriador campaign and was able to get tharbad before isengard
    with 2 bodyguards and 2 militas.
    the isengard-stack would have reached it one round after me.
    (was only a couple of troops and isengard didnt attack me after i took tharbad)
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    War with Isengard is going to be very soon. They took Tharbad and some other rebel settlements before I could. :*(
    Omg Legio you gonna get pwnt, get out of the game quick. :-(

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Omg Legio you gonna get pwnt, get out of the game quick. ;-(
    NEVER
    I took Coldfells and I'm going to ally myself with Rohan.

Guys like me ..I've overwrote the files but i've no problem with that i like the name Arnor much more than Eriador and also the colours are much better kinda that^^

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

NEVER
    Yes keep going, I've always believed in you! :-D

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

NEVER
    Good move, I did that too.

Maybe I (you/we) could just buy Tharbad to Isengard, by making 5000 extra in a few turns. It's just a village. My super-Diplomat is around Isengard so...

Eriador is sooo much better now 2 concerns:

1- The hardest condition to get Arnor is Annuminas. In how many turns can a small town turn into a large city? Decades! Too long.
    2- Lumbermen, Huntsmen & Greenway Sentries: where can you recruit them? They're decimated & I'm done trying to find out the good settlement
    Eriadorian tourism can be boring

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    1- The hardest condition to get Arnor is Annuminas. In how many turns can a small town turn into a large city? Decades! Too long.
    That's kinda the point. Restoring Arnor is supposed to be a large time/money consuming investment, one that you might even chose to forgo.

2- Lumbermen, Huntsmen & Greenway Sentries: where can you recruit them? They're decimated & I'm done trying to find out the good settlement
    Eriadorian tourism can be boring
    Lumbermen and Huntsmen can be recruited only in forested regions while the Greenway units can only be hired in the "Greenway regions" that contain the remnants of the old North-South road, not sure exactly which regions are those.

That's kinda the point. Restoring Arnor is supposed to be a large time/money consuming investment, one that you might even chose to forgo.
    I know. I'll wait, hoping they'll make lots of babies. Destroying full stacks of Orcs of Gundabad takes a lot of time anyway...
    Lumbermen and Huntsmen can be recruited only in forested regions while the Greenway units can only be hired in the "Greenway regions" that contain the remnants of the old North-South road, not sure exactly which regions are those.
    Uh... yeah, I can read that's exactly what's written in the description (hidden resources, camps etc.) but still... where TF are those regions ?
    Right now these guys are running around Eriador to find those dam' MF resources. Not a big deal, but annoying.

PS I know you've been replying to extra-noob questions all day so I understand

You can go to "Third_Age\data\world\maps\base" and open the descr_regions.txt file.

It'll look something like this.

Lumbermen and Huntsmen use the "forest" resource while the Greenway units use the "greenway" resource. You can search through the file to see which regions have these "resources". As you can see Bree has both.

If you can't build the desired units in the regions that are supposed to support them then you probably need the required building, barracks event or culture level.

descr_regions... me! How could I miss that? I just spent the last hour editing files.

Anyway... thanks a lot. I hope It might help other viewers

Oh, and who else noted that Eriador=Turks? Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Oh, and who else noted that Eriador=Turks? Cool!
    Strange for such a mustache deprived people.

Strange for such a mustache deprived people.
    Still, the hairy feet & taste for "pipeweed" is relevant on both cases