Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Restoring Arnor

Default Re: Restoring Arnor

Quote Originally Posted by Unseengenie View Post
    Does anyone have any tips with dealing with not being able to ally with gondor?
    Start by offering a trade agreement and wait some turns (10-15) and then offer alliance. I usually send diplomat to dale and by time come back they are happy for alliance.

I have TATW 3.0, without MOS or divide and conquer, is it still possible? Because i did exactly this and nothing happened :/

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome to TWC, Gimli son of Gloin!

Yes, the emergence work, must be some step you missed so far then?
    - Aragorn must be alive
    - Build the House of Kings in Annuminas
    - Allied to Gondor
    - capture or hold: Hobbiton, Michel Delving, Longbottom, Bree, Staddle, Barrow-Downs, Amon Sûl, Annúminas, Fornost Erain, Athilin, Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells.

When all that's fulfilled you get a Yes/No-scroll (same turn or next, don't recall) allowing you to restore Arnor; note that if you declined you get no new chance

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Like Ngugi said
    in case you save game before answering the scroll & reload you won't get a scroll on reloading.

I have gotten all the cities except Athilin, Hoarwell, and the Coldfells. The one thing I am focused on, however (as taking those cities is quite simple), is getting the House of Kings in Annuminas built.

Question 1. How much population will it take to upgrade Annuminas to the next level?
    Question 2. If Annuminas does not need to be upgraded, why don't I see the House of Kings building?
    Question 3. I have seen certain posts hinting that Aragorn needs to be sent to Annuminas for it to be upgraded, and that he needs to be there for a certain amount of turns. Is this true?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

You need it to be a large city, and have about 30k gold to build the House of Kings. It will then take 12 turns to build. By far, the hardest and longest part is getting that little town up to 26k population.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by LuneyToon View Post
    Question 3. I have seen certain posts hinting that Aragorn needs to be sent to Annuminas for it to be upgraded, and that he needs to be there for a certain amount of turns. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    By far, the hardest and longest part is getting that little town up to 26k population.
    You can use some other governor than Aragorn, LuneyToon, but he or Gandalf are the best ones to have in Annuminas to help boost the town so it become a Lare City fast.
    However there's no need for Argaorn to ever visit Annuminas during a camapign, he just need to stay alive till it's reformed.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    You need it to be a large city, and have about 30k gold to build the House of Kings. It will then take 12 turns to build. By far, the hardest and longest part is getting that little town up to 26k population.
    In MOS somebody reported very recently to have boosted growth to 6,5% for Annuminas by giving the most suitable general all ancillaries boosting farming and suppressing squalor. Got Arnot forged at turn 60 or something.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Must be with some mod. I always prioritize growth and farming, and I only have ever reached like 4 or 4.5 %m in the case of Annuminas, only like 2.5 - 3.5 depending on the time of the game. Realize that the growing of the population itself increases squalor and counters your measures.

It took me like 130 or 150 turns, maximizing growth from turn 1, then I had to build that King's Palace. By the way I created Arnor I had already won the game. In fact I hold the Victory for some turns to be able to see the improved units, which are pretty much better, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseignacio View Post
    Must be with some mod. I always prioritize growth and farming, and I only have ever reached like 4 or 4.5 %m in the case of Annuminas, only like 2.5 - 3.5 depending on the time of the game. Realize that the growing of the population itself increases squalor and counters your measures.

It took me like 130 or 150 turns, maximizing growth from turn 1, then I had to build that King's Palace. By the way I created Arnor I had already won the game. In fact I hold the Victory for some turns to be able to see the improved units, which are pretty much better, btw.
    It was MOS, although I'm not sure how much is that particular advancement changed compared to vanilla. ThorHa is also slightly incorrect, it was under 60 turns to reach the population, and 20 more turns to build walls and House of Kings. I've used Gandalf and pimped him with pretty much every ancillary boosting the growth I could find and had a bit luck with traits too...

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

i dont see the files where are they?

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

Quote Originally Posted by IronHammer2002 View Post
    i dont see the files where are they?

Questions about MOS is best asked in the MOS Forum.

You may also want to elaborate a bit.

Hey guys,

sorta desperate here - can't reunite Arnor. tooke me 150 turn to get to that population, wall, hall of kings etc. All provinces that are mentioned anywhere are needed, Alliance with Gondor since turn 10 and Aragorn is still alive and loitering around Dol Goldur. Does he have to be in Annuminas while the hall gets finished? Or do I have to make it capital first? Or shal I not find the Ring and accept the mission to bring it into Mordor? Dunno why I never get asked if I want to reunite

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    It was MOS, although I'm not sure how much is that particular advancement changed compared to vanilla. ThorHa is also slightly incorrect, it was under 60 turns to reach the population, and 20 more turns to build walls and House of Kings. I've used Gandalf and pimped him with pretty much every ancillary boosting the growth I could find and had a bit luck with traits too...
    Sorry, didn't know or didn't remember MOS was a mod.