Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoring Arnor

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Default Restoring Arnor

Ok so 2.0 is released, I have the game installed and I just read some description from one of Aragorns new retinues. It seems you must capture Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells to reunite Arnors old borders. After that you need to "restore" (aka build) the House of Kings in Annúminas. Last but not least you need to secure an alliance with Gondor and thus have them accept Aragorn as the Arnorian king (note: this requires Aragorn to be ALIVE)

Step 1: Capture Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells while retaining control of your starter settlements.
    Step 2: Secure an alliance with Gondor
    Step 3: Build the House of Kings in Annúminas (Requires a large city, best way to achieve this fast is to use Aragorn as a governor in Annúminas and set taxes to low and focus on farms/culture buildings first)

(Note; it seems you can complete these steps in any order but this is probably the most natural progression)

This thread will be the basis for all the discussions regarding Arnor and it's reemergence. Hopefully people will see this thread on the mainpage and not feel the urge to create a new thread regarding this topic every day.

P.S. If you want a new color and name for Arnor once it's forged e.g. "Arnor" instead of "Free people of Eriador" there is a submod for it that allows you to switch betweeen Eriador and Arnor color/names and vice versa. Found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377112
    Last edited by Hartassen; February 04, 2011 at 06:10 AM.

Default Re: Arnorian Reemergence

I just did it today. It's not really something I enjoyed rushing to, but it is a nice achievement to ascertain after a more extended campaign.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Default Just got Arnor....

And it's a awesome feeling. Who else is now calling themselves king?

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    I just did it today. It's not really something I enjoyed rushing to, but it is a nice achievement to ascertain after a more extended campaign.
    Yes, indeed. It is very cleverly implemented. I love the way the free people unite into empire that will rule them all. Rep to Hartassen for this thread. I think some of us will find it very helpful.

If you check ths script in the campaign_script file, you will see that you need some more settlements:

Hobbiton, Michel Delving, Lognbottom, Bree, Staddle, Barrow-Downs, Amon Sûl. Annùminas, Fornost, Hoarwell, Tharbad, Coldfells.

And you need Aragorn alive!

But you own most of these settlements anyway...
    Oh and the order you complete the requirements doesnt mather. I startet with the alliance with Gondor.

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType turks
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_LocalFaction turks
    and I_CharacterExists strider1 -> Aragorn
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction sicily = Allied -> Ally with Gondor
    and I_SettlementOwner Shire = turks    
    and I_SettlementOwner Bywater = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Southfarthing = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Bree = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Staddle = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Cardolan = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Weather-Hills = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Lake_Evendim = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Arthedain = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Mitheithel = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Lone-lands = turks    ;Tharbad
    and I_SettlementOwner Ettenmoors = turks
    and FactionBuildingExists >= house_of_kings
    and I_CompareCounter union_offered = 0

That bit about Aragorn is unsettling...How long that old man lives anyway?

Icon10 Re: Arnorian Reemergence

Faster way to unlock a faction:
    Medieval2\mods\Third_Age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    Put the faction to playable... Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoler View Post
    Medieval2\mods\Third_Age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    Too easy, my friend .We Total War wolves would never, I repeat ...never turn to such dubious methods...Never...

my arnorian unit's sound effects are the same as mordor's :S

Quote Originally Posted by PimP_BombadiL View Post
    my arnorian unit's sound effects are the same as mordor's :S
    They are so badass that they need badass voices.

dom385's Avatar Senator

So is Arnor playable ? I really hope so they look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Wouldn't work for Arnor. Unless the reemergence script activates, you won't have any territory, units or generals. Sounds like a recipe for CTD to me...

True, it doesn't work with emerging factions... Then if Arnor is emerging how its playable?

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

True, it doesn't work with emerging factions... Then if Arnor is emerging how its playable?
    It replaces Eriador on the Campaign Map. You play as Eriador, you meet the requirements, you have the option to transform into Arnor, you are now Arnor (new units, buildings, features etc...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Ah, like kalmar union in teutonic campaign... I understand now :p

I actually don't really like the conditions for the emergence of Arnor. I was hoping for more when I read DG's original statement:
    Phase two is the creation and implementation of a Arnor faction which replaced the existing Eriador faction after the player meets several scripted goals. These goals will be difficult to achieve and it is my goal to have the player chose between expansion and achieving the Arnorian Re-emergence. Eriador will then consist of the following units which will be recruited in the standard fashion:
    Now I don't have to choose between expansion and achieving the Re-emergence, but expansion is a part of it. I'd thought I'd would be harder.
    I know it's propably hard to come up with better goals, but I'm a little bit disappointed right now.

It probably depends on the building requirements for that House of Kings. You might have to save up a ton of gold you could be spending on expansion, etc. It could require previous building upgrades with increasing expense. It may also require you to get a big enough City, meaning you have to lower taxes to encourage growth and build growth improvements (again, money you could be spending on armies to conquer and build up new provinces, etc).

Worse comes to worse, and its easier than all that, it probably wouldn't be hard to add a few extra requirements: city levels in certain provinces, certain other building upgrades in the capital/elsewhere, etc).

I just reunited into Arnor. However I still have the same color as Eriador (green and yellow). The banners are different but my faction leader is still chieftain of the dunedain and not king of arnor. Is it supposed to be like this?

rules all

I just noticed that you have to destroy and build all military buildings again to be able to recruit Arnorian soldiers...Nicely done BTW...

where Tharbad and Coldfells are?

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast