Page 22 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772122 ... LastLast

Thread: Set release date

Kallides's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Set release date

Someone mentioned making it into a torrent so one can pause the download and make it easier on people with unstable internet connections. I forget who offered to do it though.

Snipers get more Head!

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by Kallides View Post
    Someone mentioned making it into a torrent so one can pause the download and make it easier on people with unstable internet connections. I forget who offered to do it though.
    I agree with you man! Also, i think if this will happen we'll have maaaaany seeders for it.. i'm sure....

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Although watch out as there have been spoof torrents for RS2 out for the last 9 months at least which seem to contain malware/viruses. We thought one of the beta testers had released the mod publically to begin with but it seems like it was just some malicious malware.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallides View Post
    That's me! My offer still stands, and as RS2 will probably released this week, I am watching this forum with shark eyes about 18 hours per day for the coming week!

When it's released, I'll download the installer, shortly test it if the download is not corrupted, create a torrent and instantly create a thread here providing you the link to the torrent.

I have an upload speed of about 6 Mbyte/s, so I think my computer will be a very capable first-seed.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Although watch out as there have been spoof torrents for RS2 out for the last 9 months at least which seem to contain malware/viruses. We thought one of the beta testers had released the mod publically to begin with but it seems like it was just some malicious malware.
    Yep, always watch out for this. I can assure you ofcourse that the torrent I will upload will be clean, but you shouldn't blindly trust anyone on the internet, including me.

Though if it makes you feel better, I am a member of the MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying Project) dev team:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middl...leplaying-mod/
    http://www.createforum.com/middleear...iddleearthrole

Generally, modders are friendly people who want to share with others what they created, and don't have the intend to do anyone's computer harm. That's also the case with me.
    Last edited by Maegfaer; August 15, 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    That's me! My offer still stands, and as RS2 will probably released this week, I am watching this forum with shark eyes about 18 hours per day for the coming week!

When it's released, I'll download the installer, shortly test it if the download is not corrupted, create a torrent and instantly create a thread here providing you the link to the torrent.

I have an upload speed of about 6 Mbyte/s, so I think my computer will be a very capable first-seed.
    Wow thats a nice offer and thank you for being so generous to everybody on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gollrir View Post
    Wow thats a nice offer and thank you for being so generous to everybody on this forum
    No problem, I enjoy to be of help.

Let's just hope I'll be able to download the installer through the HTTP download in a reasonable amount of time. My download speed is also around 6 Mbyte/s, so as long as the HTTP download server won't crash, we should be fine.

I suggested before that the dev team could coordinate this with me, though there was no reply so I guess they are too busy for that.

u pm'ed them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gollrir View Post
    u pm'ed them ?
    No, I figured that would be too... intruding/pushy? I am a modest guy. I wrote it in one of the popular threads, the devs read them frequently enough.
    Last edited by Maegfaer; August 15, 2010 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    That's me! My offer still stands
    Hey man. Thats my bad mate I forgot who it was that made an offer, should have noted your name down. Thanks for that you will be making a lot of lives easier, my internet has a mind of its own, its fine for surfing but when it comes to downloading large quantities of data well then it becomes a bit frustrating, I am switching to a different server at the end of the month just need to run out this contract.

Snipers get more Head!

I don't like to spam threads on official forums, but I remember someone from the RS staff saying they're expecting an early August release of RS2. Well, it's August 16th as of this post and still no RS2. My question is - it's not coming out this month, is it ?
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

they are now saying sometime before friday!

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by Kael BloodMoon View Post
    I don't like to spam threads on official forums, but I remember someone from the RS staff saying they're expecting an early August release of RS2. Well, it's August 16th as of this post and still no RS2. My question is - it's not coming out this month, is it ?

Wait until the Friday...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

It's actually been delayed for another year for the purpose of correcting a few off pixels in the textures for Roman Auxilia located in the eye. Those damned eye textures are hard to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Wiggum View Post
    It's actually been delayed for another year for the purpose of correcting a few off pixels in the textures for Roman Auxilia located in the eye. Those damned eye textures are hard to get right.
    I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a punch in the groin !

Thank you, Aggripa and Alkimachos. I apologize for not reading through the previous pages.
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

He was just making a joke. Don't get bent out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Wiggum View Post
    Yeh the solders just don't look fierce enough without those pixelated eyes.

I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a punch in the groin !
    Last edited by Kallides; August 16, 2010 at 01:06 AM.

Snipers get more Head!

I heard it was the spear points, not being shiny enough
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Obs! Rome:TW has just lost a DIE HARD ROME FAN

I dont really get it why the RS team wont set a release date.
    It's not like people are demanding an fixed date, seconds accurate. Just some notion about when(like we are guessing we will be finished around about this month and that month)

I personaly have checked this damn site for 3/4 of a year and still get to pages like this preview that -|- and what about preview of Gaulic noble gummy bear-|- this(not that they are bad in any way) and when i hit an Topic like Release date i just read angry messages from the hole RS gang instead of an strait answear from the team members. I personaly think its really stupid that you just keep avoiding the question by getting mad and/or answering with -
    1. We are doing this for free with our spare time.
    2.Do you just want a crappy mod or a new Rome TW game.
    3. I dont se you helping out.

PadrePio's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    Obs! Rome:TW has just lost a DIE HARD ROME FAN

I dont really get it why the RS team wont set a release date.
    It's not like people are demanding an fixed date, seconds accurate. Just some notion about when(like we are guessing we will be finished around about this month and that month)

I personaly have checked this damn site for 3/4 of a year and still get to pages like this preview that -|- and what about preview of Gaulic noble gummy bear-|- this(not that they are bad in any way) and when i hit an Topic like Release date i just read angry messages from the hole RS gang instead of an strait answear from the team members. I personaly think its really stupid that you just keep avoiding the question by getting mad and/or answering with -
    1. We are doing this for free with our spare time.
    2.Do you just want a crappy mod or a new Rome TW game.
    3. I dont se you helping out.
    Just indulge them. That's their fetish, I believe. I dig you, man. But unfortunately, that's their prerogative. Meh.

Oh, and penny for my thought: When you want to control a tiger, do not shout at it. Stroke it instead, fondle it and whisper things that it wants to hear. You'll become it's master in the end. It'll even mod RTW for your playing pleasure.
    Last edited by PadrePio; August 16, 2010 at 07:25 AM.