Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defeating Mongols as Seljuk

Default Re: Defeating Mongols as Seljuk

Quote Originally Posted by Notees View Post
    How good of a buffer are the Mongols? Do they wear down the Timmys well? I control just a little past baghdad as far as east goes (Kermanshah), which is heavily garrisoned as it is neighbouring the Mongols.
    Remember Timurids don't start coming until around 1370-ish, so don't fret too much yet. As for providing a buffer, hardly. The mongols keep all of their full stacks at their front lines, leaving a few half-stack and/or no garrisons behind to put up a fight. By the time the Timurids arrive the Mongols, as these other guys have mentioned, have exhausted themselves leaving a nice open expanse of undefended territory for the Timurids to claim and pick up where the Mongols left off.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

An interesting thread folks, keep it going please.
    Im playing VH/VH Early Era Campaign with the Turks atm and just wondering if i shall stick with Kwharezmians or not. My game is going well and here is my situation. 57 turns in and i've got 36 regions atm, allied with Kwharezmians and Kiev. Anninhilated KOJ and devastated the Egiptians to 2 regions (Cairo and Luxor castle or something like that). I will keep them alive for a while since they are very useful. How ? I simply use their armies to train my Generals and rocket their chivalry for castles/city faster upgrade process. Each turn i send one of my General with few units to fight almost full stack of egiptians (mainly lower units ie spear militia, archers, saracens and beduins). Once their Commander/Captain is dead the rest usually rout so i can capture tons of them. Releasing the prisoners just to hit them again next turn
    Obviously, im also figting Byzantines, so far took Trabzon, Isparta and Smyrna, preparing attacks on Cannakkale, Adrianople, Rhodes and Nicosia....then Jihad for Constantinople (i want to secure Constantinople bordering regions to prevent straight back attacks which would delay the city progress).
    Kwharezmians reputation is Dubious though, so i have to gift them money to keep good relations at least.
    So im wondering what should i do once the Mongols arrive ? Keep with Kwharezm and face the horde or force them to betrayal and ally with the Mongols ? I would like to fight with Golden Horde though.
    So, what do you guys think ?

In my campaign I allied with the Khwarezmians because I didn't want a war with them, the Cumans, the Byzantines and the Crusaders all at once. I stayed allied until they were destroyed. Yet, as soon as I had all of modern day Turkey and the Holy Lands, I could've easily gone to war with them while maintaining a war on all other fronts as well.

When the Mongols arrive, it won't be much different, unless you absolutely devastate the Khwarezmians.

Khwazerms get curb stomped, frankly, by Mongols =/ so I allied with mongols.

Quote Originally Posted by Notees View Post
    Khwazerms get curb stomped, frankly, by Mongols =/ so I allied with mongols.
    Don't be too surprised if they backstab you, in previous campaigns that always happened to me.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Which is why I have a healthy garrison at our shared borders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12