Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Models

Default Re: The Great War | Models

Are you planning on making a pistol model for the officers?
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Are you planning on making a pistol model for the officers?
    I would think so, but right now the focus lies with the most important models: artillery, machineguns and rifles. Pistols and other such minor weapons will be added eventually, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

will the new version contain the ship models?

Maybe only a generic one for every ship class, and do you plan to add in future versions the m1891carcano for Italy as rifle and italian ships for the navy?

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by RNVITTORIOVENETO View Post
    will the new version contain the ship models?

Maybe only a generic one for every ship class, and do you plan to add in future versions the m1891carcano for Italy as rifle and italian ships for the navy?
    the new version will not contain any new models, but 5.0 will have (at least generic) models for artillery, rifles, and machineguns (and maybe ship models I don't know how those are going)

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

We are putting 4.5 at around Haloween and 5.0 as something like a Christmas present. Unless you know how to rig the models and do animations, then 5.0 is going to be a ways off (if we are really lucky perhaps november, but with average luck we are looking at around Christmas)

I have to say, it would be pretty awesome if it were out on Christmas Eve. We could make holiday themed TGW releases
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I have to say, it would be pretty awesome if it were out on Christmas Eve. We could make holiday themed TGW releases
    something like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

Those models aren't in 4.0, if that's what you're asking. We also don't have tanks.
    I wouldnt think tanks are so important to the mod, they weren't really that effective in the war. Some tanks had limited succes, but nothing war deciding.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY

Quote Originally Posted by Cassador de evora View Post
    I wouldnt think tanks are so important to the mod, they weren't really that effective in the war. Some tanks had limited succes, but nothing war deciding.
    I was only informing him that there were no tank units in the mod, I wasn't saying they are important to the mod or anything like that.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

I was only informing him that there were no tank units in the mod, I wasn't saying they are important to the mod or anything like that.
    Ah, okay. plus im thinking the animations for the tanks would take a long time to do, and would look a little clunky. But then again, they were clunky machines lol.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..

Content Emeritus

Just remember these words (practically the motto of TGW)

All in good time

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    Just remember these words (practically the motto of TGW)

All in good time
    No the motto of TGW is "startpos???????"
    EDIT: yay 1,100th post

Content Emeritus

So heres another Rep crown
    And yes, I suppose All in Good Time is more of the promise to the fans

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    So heres another Rep crown
    And yes, I suppose All in Good Time is more of the promise to the fans
    and here's one for you... oh... wait, nevermind, you do too many rep worthy things.

Would like to see hats in austria hungary reworked, as i know the developers are striving to do. A little weird seeing iron crosses on ausrto-hungarian hats.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Ah, okay. plus im thinking the animations for the tanks would take a long time to do, and would look a little clunky. But then again, they were clunky machines lol.
    that is a common misconception, one could argue that without tanks the war would have lasted longer and more people would have died

There were several battles that featured hundreds of tanks that were able to overwhelm the opposition and tactically speaking they will become more of a necessity as the use of MGs becomes more prevalent in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    that is a common misconception, one could argue that without tanks the war would have lasted longer and more people would have died

There were several battles that featured hundreds of tanks that were able to overwhelm the opposition and tactically speaking they will become more of a necessity as the use of MGs becomes more prevalent in the mod.
    Oh they defenitley saved lives, but the breakthroughs made were small, a few miles at the most. but most of my knowledge is on the early part of the war. Its hard to put into your head such massive attacks, i can only imagine what the germans were thinking when they saw the tanks slowly rolling toward them. They absolutley had a massive moral affect on whoever was facing them.

Oh they defenitley saved lives, but the breakthroughs made were small, a few miles at the most. but most of my knowledge is on the early part of the war. Its hard to put into your head such massive attacks, i can only imagine what the germans were thinking when they saw the tanks slowly rolling toward them. They absolutley had a massive moral affect on whoever was facing them.
    What you say is correct for the early part of the war (in fact I don't even think they were used in any significant numbers until 1916), but tanks proved fairly vital in breaking the stalemate and slowly bringing the war back into a war of movement. Admittedly the main factor in the breaking of the stalemate and a return to the war of movement was not the tanks and in fact was the Russian revolution; which freed up x million German troops to have one last attempt in the Lugdendorf offensives. When this failed, Germany was overstretched and exhausted, making possible allied large territorial gains for the first time in the war. You could, however, say that tanks helped to exploit this.

Either way, tanks did indeed play a large part in the latter stages of the war
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

I love how the mod more accuratley portrays the size of the attacks than the movies, Though they have good ww1 movies, most of them only have a shot of about 50-100 guys going over the top. As we all know it was a hell of alot more men than that, participating in an offensive.

qq all, i'm badly know english, may you give answer on my question? when will be normal version of great war, with tanks, planes, machine guns, units and realistic historical persons? and if it real new map, i mean Asia and America?