Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Models

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Default Re: The Great War | Models

Quote Originally Posted by nzartus View Post
    Maybe some for the Kiwis too!

Could you make infantry crawl under barbed wire? Far more accurate, surely. Also, will there be gas?
    I think thats totaly impossible but who knows, and, wait, GAS ? there IS gas !! ask people who play against me in MP
    experimental howitzers fire gas, (as well as mortar? sorry didn't play the fixed version ) and its awesome ! like really deadly in good hands (mine)
    Patronized by Hader.

Been away for a while (work and such), nice to see you guys progressing on TGW, excellent gameplay now (much better than vanilla even though it's a different era)...

Just wondering if there's any word on when the model importer will be available? I've been looking forward to blasting pre-dreads with dreads for quite a while and I'm really looking forward to it... no more "pull up alongside and see who's got the most HP and DP" combat.

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
    Been away for a while (work and such), nice to see you guys progressing on TGW, excellent gameplay now (much better than vanilla even though it's a different era)...

Just wondering if there's any word on when the model importer will be available? I've been looking forward to blasting pre-dreads with dreads for quite a while and I'm really looking forward to it... no more "pull up alongside and see who's got the most HP and DP" combat.
    The model importer has already been made, although I don't believe we will see machine gun models and such very soon. Although I believe there will be helmets and guns in the next update, as well as a slight armor upgrade for units wearing helmets so that the helmets aren't just for show. The team is having problems with how to make the turrets turn on ships and automatically target enemy ships I believe.
    Last edited by Icey Fresh Werewolf; August 06, 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    I don't believe we will see machine guns and such very soon
    Machine guns are already included

Edit - I just re-read your post and it looks like you meant models for machine guns, sorry if you did
    Last edited by a tw player; August 06, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

I saw somewhere that you were going to do models for the minor countries as well, so I though Id help help out
    Here's some pictures on the uniforms that were used by the various Scandinavian countries during ww1

The Swedish M/1910
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Tunic is the so called M/1910, the cap is of an older model though.

Here's a picture of the correct hat.

Two more pictures of the M/1910

The Finnish M/1919

This model wasn't put in use until 1919 but is the first uniform that was used by the finnish army. The cap is of an later model but of the same service branch.

The Norweigan M/1914

This is a complete set of the uniform along with a rifle and even a light machinegun!

The Danish M/1915

The uniform which im reffering to is the middle one. The one on the left is the older model, but except for the colors, it's practicly the same so you can use that picture aswell.

None of these four countries took part in the fighting, except for a few volunteers, so I understand if they aren't top priority.
    Finland didn't even exist at the time but maybe Finnish troops could be recruited in Russia or Sweden?

If you need more pics or info on the Scandinavian countries, tell me and I might be able to help.
    "I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography."
    ~ Paul Rodriguez

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them."
    ~ Pacifist Badge, 1978

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Creativ3 View Post
    I saw somewhere that you were going to do models for the minor countries as well, so I though Id help help out
    Here's some pictures on the uniforms that were used by the various Scandinavian countries during ww1

The Swedish M/1910

The Tunic is the so called M/1910, the cap is of an older model though.

Here's a picture of the correct hat.

Two more pictures of the M/1910

The Finnish M/1919

This model wasn't put in use until 1919 but is the first uniform that was used by the finnish army. The cap is of an later model but of the same service branch.

The Norweigan M/1914

This is a complete set of the uniform along with a rifle and even a light machinegun!

The Danish M/1915

The uniform which im reffering to is the middle one. The one on the left is the older model, but except for the colors, it's practicly the same so you can use that picture aswell.

None of these four countries took part in the fighting, except for a few volunteers, so I understand if they aren't top priority.
    Finland didn't even exist at the time but maybe Finnish troops could be recruited in Russia or Sweden?

If you need more pics or info on the Scandinavian countries, tell me and I might be able to help.
    Yes eventually all nations will be WW1ised, its funny that Denmark didnt play a larger role in the war because alot of the other nations used the Danish Madsen light mg

Thanks for the ref pics + rep

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

So you guys are just working on importing models into the game now right?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmurfin View Post
    So you guys are just working on importing models into the game now right?
    Yes but its not anywhere as easy as I seems.

Mr BDIZZLE has to learn something he hasn't done before, rigging the model.

Then we might have problems with animations.

King Sama, Aanker and Josst have all disapeared...

So BDIZZLE is doing model stuff..

I'm doing startpos stuff until I can begin importing and testing that.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Yes but its not anywhere as easy as I seems.

Mr BDIZZLE has to learn something he hasn't done before, rigging the model.

Then we might have problems with animations.

King Sama, Aanker and Josst have all disapeared...

So BDIZZLE is doing model stuff..

I'm doing startpos stuff until I can begin importing and testing that.
    Tell Mr BDIZZLE to get on Steam so I can teach him how to rig a model It's too much effort for me to pm right now....M&B: Warband calls me
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Tell Mr BDIZZLE to get on Steam so I can teach him how to rig a model It's too much effort for me to pm right now....M&B: Warband calls me
    Dam you to hell! I'v already lost a team member to Warband.. It's a curse that game.

I will try and get him to contact you, but he's a busy guy with his new job me thinks.

Patrician

My ears are burning

Yeah guys sorry ive been so busy i have no free time during the week but im off sunday and monday, also i bought starcraft 2 ive been obsessively playing that in the little free time i have...

Ive been looking at some tutorials for rigging on youtube and i think i may have have a grasp on it now but what i really need is an exported arty model that i can examine to alter my arty accordingly, .obj format would be best but ms3d will work too.

The arty shouldnt require much rigging so once i have the exported model it shouldnt be too long before i have one of my models ready for import

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    i think i may have have a grasp on it now
    Just wait till you see a foot/hand. The meaning of hell on earth

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Just wait till you see a foot/hand. The meaning of hell on earth
    LOL yeah i saw some, they are insane

So you have the program to export the models right? could you send me a exported arty model? por favor

I will, tomorrow. I've got quite a few exports to do :
    Btw, check the thread I post the tools on in a few minutes. I've just remembered something very stupid I feel I should tell y'all

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Can't wait for the next version but whatever happened to thorogos?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmurfin View Post
    Can't wait for the next version but whatever happened to thorogos?
    IDK im kinda worried about him TBH

-Can you guys include separate grenade models for each nation (I'm guessing it's not possible)?

-Also, will the bullet impacts on the ground be made larger like in the movies?

-Lastly, can nations each have different grenade types like fragmenting and high explosive? (I'm guessing this is not possible as well)

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    -Can you guys include separate grenade models for each nation (I'm guessing it's not possible)?

-Also, will the bullet impacts on the ground be made larger like in the movies?

-Lastly, can nations each have different grenade types like fragmenting and high explosive? (I'm guessing this is not possible as well)
    1) Yes.

2) No.

3) Yes.

We can create any amount of seperate projectiles and change the model of each, and assign each unit with any given projectile, or in this case a grenade. I don't know if would be worth the effort though, at least chaning the models anyway, but different explosions for the grenades is a good idea.

But AFAIK we can't change the crators or bullet holes. But it may be possible, as the hole/crators aren't actualy 3d, they are only 2d artwork, given the effect of 3d, so there maybe a texture we can change.

Patrician

Is there a way to make only the first couple ranks throw grenades instead of the entire unit at a time?

Or even only like 10 guys or so throw them, it would look really funny if the whole unit threw em at the same time as well as not being historically accurate or logistically sound...