Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Models

Default Re: The Great War | Models

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Yes, Me and Mitch discovered last night that rigid_models and be changed and modded if a weapons convertor is released, which it should any time soon! So this means new trench models can be implemented! But this theory hasn't been tested yet.
    Using the demo, I opened up the trenches, and it worked (I don't know how to get anyfurther from there though). It was in a segment though, so I'm not sure how to make the trench longer .
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Yes, Me and Mitch discovered last night that rigid_models and be changed and modded if a weapons convertor is released, which it should any time soon! So this means new trench models can be implemented! But this theory hasn't been tested yet.
    What makes you say this? And the converter has been out for a few days now.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Using the demo, I opened up the trenches, and it worked (I don't know how to get anyfurther from there though). It was in a segment though, so I'm not sure how to make the trench longer .
    I said this two months ago, and I'll say it again now - the trenches could have been implemented at the very start. The tools for editing the rigid models do exist, and are nothing to do with UU3d - i.e. they were created by Knighterrant and are free to us.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    I said this two months ago, and I'll say it again now - the trenches could have been implemented at the very start. The tools for editing the rigid models do exist, and are nothing to do with UU3d - i.e. they were created by Knighterrant and are free to us.
    I believe this could have been one of those things that got lost - among other things - when we didn't have our own forum.

There are still unresolved issues with the trenches, however. How will they be implemented? If we are to add them as garrisonable buildings or walls, we need to learn mapping. If they are supposed to be added as deployable items, we need to learn how to make such objects garrisonable, which might, sadly, be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Do you have any plans for modding stratmap models right now? For example, it would be more WW1-friendly if the armies in the campaign be represented with, say a motorized transport instead of the ones that are being used right now. The same thing goes for the fleet.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by R-Teen View Post
    Do you have any plans for modding stratmap models right now? For example, it would be more WW1-friendly if the armies in the campaign be represented with, say a motorized transport instead of the ones that are being used right now. The same thing goes for the fleet.
    If by stratmap you mean the character models, then yes, this is easily done.

We'd just need the model, then its easily implementable.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post

Yes, that's what I meant. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post

We also need airplane models.

Btw, Bdizzle another request: barbed wire. I don't know much about modeling, but making all those wires seems pretty complicated though

The plus side is that we should be able to implement it immediately
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

We also need airplane models.

[...]
    Prefertably airplanes should be animated so that they circulate around the middle vertical axis, if possible, that is

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Heres the British helmet...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7SCjzvg.jpg  
    Last edited by B-DizL; May 10, 2018 at 02:25 PM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Good work matey !!

Now 4.2 is done and dusted, we can concentrate 100% on FINALY Getting your work the game time it deserves !

British Armored Cruiser of the "Diadem" class. They were built at the turn of the 20th Century and were already obsolete by the time the war began, suffering from a low top speed (20-21 kts), mediocre armor, low maneuverability, and a light armament - 6 inches was the largest calibre they carried.

The pods along the side are casemates for the 6" guns. Another bad design feature, because these guns were too close to the waterline & hard to operate in rough seas.

Because of these flaws several of them were taken out of their original role & converted to minelayers after the war broke out. One ("HMS Ariadne") was sunk by a submarine; the others survived the war.

The original configuration is modeled here; I will be working on the midships section tomorrow & adding boats, weapons, and maybe a texture. The rigging is also incomplete at this point.

If/when this model is implemented in the game it will be adequate for sinking cargo ships & patrol craft, but a floating coffin if you encounter German battleships or battlecruisers...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

WWI: TW Naval Modeling Team

Nice work iambecomelife, I'll add them to the OP after you update them.

Btw, apparently it is now possible to edit animations .

Diadem class it is. I think, for a future naval patch, that I will add a generic "Armoured Cruiser" class alongside the "Light Cruiser" class (which is the one we have right now).

I'd love to see the Aussie Slouch Hat on the Australian Light Horse.

The Australian Light Horse used these:

With the left side upturned and the plume in the left side and the rising sun on the upturned side.

The Royal Australian Infantry had the same style hat but without the plume.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

hey guys if your gona put barbed wire in PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure it kills more than just cavalry...
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Great models, love the hats a lot. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Mayan-Man View Post
    hey guys if your gona put barbed wire in PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure it kills more than just cavalry...
    Well actually, and you might be dissapointed to hear this, I think it should stay the way it is. Actual barbed wire is only an obstacle, and wouldn't have killed any human (horses yes). Hopefully we ca find a way to make men have to climb over the wire.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Well actually, and you might be dissapointed to hear this, I think it should stay the way it is. Actual barbed wire is only an obstacle, and wouldn't have killed any human (horses yes). Hopefully we ca find a way to make men have to climb over the wire.
    well if its possible to change the "cheveaux de rise" model, then you should have the barbed wires that kill horses and that men climb over, slowing them down.
    Patronized by Hader.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

I DO believe I promised Thoragos to make a barbed wire model, just didnt figure out how to make it I can give it a shot if the new leaders want to.

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

oh dear god, are you serious... you cant climb 'barbed wire' you can only cut it, otherwise you shred your hands and colapse ontop of it, and then you start bleeding out. besides, if its the russian patriotic unit the sheer weight of men (as in any units as they are all over 300 men strong) would force the front row onto the barbes, then the next row, then the next...
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"