(Normally this is: 'Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War
If you have installed Medieval II into another folder, please select the folder manually.
- Start the mod with the 'Third Age - Total War' shortcut on your desktop
Additional installation instructions only for Steam users:
1. Install both parts of the mod as instructed above.
2. Open Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods. There you will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the Third_Age modfolder.
3. Edit the name of one of the Kingdoms folders (americas, britannia, crusades, teutonic), preferably your least favorite campaign. The new name doesn't have to be anything specific.
4. Change the name of the Third_Age folder to the former name of the Kingdoms folder you just edited. For example, if you edited the americas folder, the Third_Age folder should be named americas.
5. Select the appropriate campaign from the steam menu. If you renamed the Third_Age folder to americas, select the americas campaign. If you named it crusades, select the crusades campaign and so on.
6. Steam will now launch the mod.
Workaround installation instructions for patch 2.1 only for Steam users:
- If you have already renamed the "Third_Age" folder of TATW 2.0 to one of your 'Kingdoms' campaigns (for example to "americas") install the patch normally.
- After the installation, move the files of the newly created "Third_Age" folder to the renamed folder manually.
(For example cut the content of the "sounds" folder from the newly created "Third_Age" folder and paste it into the "sounds" folder of your "americas" folder.)
Patch 2.1 includes 13 files plus all files in the "sound" folder.
- The "Third_Age" folder can then be deleted.
Alternatively, please follow this link if you want to use a mod-launcher: