Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compliments and questions

Czone's Avatar Civis

Default Compliments and questions

First of all I want to congratulate you guys on your mod, it's awesome, I'm loving it. I have a few issues though, and I would like to get some explanations.

First, why do almost all buildings take 20 turns to build? I mean a bit longer than vanilla is probably better, but 20 turns is way to much in my opinion.
    Secondly, I'd like to ask if you have anyone on your team who could do some proofreading, some of the English is horrible, and I'm one of those whiny es that gets annoyed because of that.
    Lastly, I have a few questions about the choice of music. Why the King Arthur theme? I really like it, just wondering why though. Why the Pirates of the Carribean? It's horribly out of place, it's kind of irritating me.
    Also, why not just keep the RTW music? I thought that was fine to be honest.
    Exactly.

Default Re: Compliments and questions

you can alway make a backup and keep the original music
    it's our team choice for teh music XD

the 20 turn building is a try to make the devlopment of cities not linear.you will have to plan carefully as you will get the bonus only on long period.and you can't anymore build ALL of the buildings.you will simply have to choose some
    Rome:Total War:Res Bellicae Proud team leader

can you tell me faction inlcuded in thi mod?

im downloading the mod now and woud just like to know.

romans
    etruscans
    italics
    persians
    dacia
    thrace
    macedon
    greeks
    gauls
    germans
    spain
    carthage
    numidia
    sleucid
    egypt
    pathia
    pontus
    armenia
    scythia
    Minor Kingdoms
    Slaves

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Great mod! love the new skins and has a feel of MTW2 graphics! well done to all the team

i think should make Pelopennesian War Submod with thebes and the other greek factions

Czone's Avatar Civis

I've been thinking about that building thing, wouldn't it be more logical then to make eg roads less turns? Because if you only make the big economical and military buildings take a lot of turns, you actually make sure people go in a direction. I always build roads everywhere, because I use the post Constantine way of defending the empire.
    Exactly.

yeah but roads increase also economy by increasinf trade.Anyway we will think of lowering the times a bit in the future release if it goes too bad

thanks to all for compliments
    ps:submod is not in our plans but if someone is interested we'll see

Czone's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gaio Giulio Patrizio View Post
    yeah but roads increase also economy by increasinf trade.Anyway we will think of lowering the times a bit in the future release if it goes too bad
    Maybe you should do it with tier 1 (town) buildings take 2 turns to build, tier 2 (Large Town) take 5, tier 3 (Minor City) take 10 tier 4 (Large City) take 20. Or 4 take 15 and 5 take 20, but I don't think there's a tier 5 (Huge City) in Res Bellicae, is there?
    Exactly.

no there aren't

anyway it was our intent to slow down things so that you don't get all the city at maximum expansion before the marian reforms

Czone's Avatar Civis

no there aren't

anyway it was our intent to slow down things so that you don't get all the city at maximum expansion before the marian reforms
    I think it'd still be hard to do so when you put the building times the way I proposed. Maybe a slight tweak, but I think taking 20 turns for everything is just too much, you can't even build a small shrine to yer god this way.
    Exactly.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

What about if you increased the cost so that it isn't possible to superbuild, and lowered the turns to build then? However, I think buildings such as Stone Walls and other larger structures should still take a long time to build and probably a lot more than 300 denars as a cost.

Czone's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    What about if you increased the cost so that it isn't possible to superbuild, and lowered the turns to build then? However, I think buildings such as Stone Walls and other larger structures should still take a long time to build and probably a lot more than 300 denars as a cost.
    This is probably the best idea, increase the cost by a LOT and decrese the build times to vanilla or something. Except Stone walls, highways, the biggest temples, etc. They should still take very long.

Of course, the best thing would be to have build times depend on the size of the population, but that's probably impossible.
    Exactly.

i will check the things whe i have time

I have RTW 1.5 installed with the Europa Barbaroum mod 1.1. How should I go about installing this?

uhm you should make a backup copy of your data directory,install RB and when you want to play EB you swap back the data dir
    in teohry you can stillp play EB with the RB data directory on...but multyplayer won't go cause it will be seen as a different version of the game...

uhm you should make a backup copy of your data directory,install RB and when you want to play EB you swap back the data dir
    in teohry you can stillp play EB with the RB data directory on...but multyplayer won't go cause it will be seen as a different version of the game...

Thanks for the help. My skills aren't good enough to play Multiplayer anyway so I should be fine.

ey is there any hamachi net to join and play Lan battles ?

there will be soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast