Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Projectile model + Equipment model converter + Animation converter. UPDATED: New plugin released, more model support available.

Default Projectile model + Equipment model converter + Animation converter. UPDATED: New plugin released, more model support available.

The latest plugin (which can be downloaded here) for Ultimate Unwrap 3d allows all ETW model files and animation files to be opened, edited and (if necessary) saved as any suitable filetype. (.ms3d, .obj etc).
    There are no longer any animation or model files for ETW that cannot be opened

A licensed version of Ultimate Unwrap 3d is needed for these files to be saved - a demo version is available, but it has no saving capability.

Big thanks to hammerdalways for putting me in contact with the tool dev

Pictures:
    Last edited by T.C.; July 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Default Re: Animation converter + All model types converter

Pictures:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

this is the boat mesh and model extracted

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Wow, this sounds great!!!

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Ohhh, this is a suprise.

I'm looking for:

- cannon load animation fix
    - mounted soldier musket animation fix
    - new animation for sponton mixed with existing one
    - more detailed cannon horse' harness
    - saddle with pistol case
    - saddle blanket for hussars
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Amazing breakthrough...looking forward for the future development.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

HOLY @#$%

Its a miracle! + rep of course

omg........

Well done to all those involved.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/formats.aspx

In this list its stated that its already possible to import and export the model files... can anyone confirm this?

That list is slightly off (no rigid_model support). Don't worry about it, I've been having plenty of email conversations with the tool developer - there will be more model support very soon

as Topcat says, but the programme can open mesh files, and save them as either Milkshape, or Mesh (and some other programmes).
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Default Re: Projectile model + Equipment model converter (Both fully working now!) + Animation converter

Added new plugin - we can now fully edit projectile models + equipment models

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Projectile model + Equipment model converter (Both fully working now!) + Animation converter

Ok so in exitement, I clicked every link lol!!!

So what program do we need exactly to get this/these plugins to work, Milkshape/3dsmax/UU3d ?

Needless to say, If we dont have it, Im buying it lol

Is this a two way converter, or just a viewer? And animations too?!?! This has the potential to make modding in NTW/ETW on the scale of medieval or rome!

And I can't thank all those involved enough...
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Animations are only viewable - projectile models + equipment models are editable I'll run some tests tonight and write a tutorial for equipment editing tomorrow

in terms of two way? you can open meshes, and save as a mesh directly or into another programme such as Milkshape, 3Dmax, Maya etc.

I attach some images of the process

You can open the ship mesh/model as well I have not tried anything with ships as yet beyond that
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; July 22, 2010 at 05:04 PM.

how to use this plugin with milkshape? I didn't find any plugin folder at my milkshape3D.

+ still elite units of the east cannot be opened.
    Last edited by AmiR TimuR; July 22, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Mitch are we going to see this soon

AmiR TimuR - the EUE are locked models as I understand

The programme itself has a plug-in that allows it to export to Milkshape, not sure if Milkshape has one a plug-in for Unwrap3D, we can but ask

I just realized you have to buy the full product to use it. Is this permanent or is there anyway that we will get a free converter?
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast