The results are hidden 0%
  • No, I would not like to see this

The results are hidden 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea: Zombie total war

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Idea: Zombie total war

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrtaeus View Post
    I think that the zombie faction should have their strength in numbers, low attack, low defense, but with a lot of zombies, and a few 2-5 man elite units like you said. I would much rather see an attack of 3000 zombies on 500 Roman Legionaries and the Romans cut down most of them.

I liken it somewhat to Mordor from Lord of the Rings (orc low stats, but plentiful, then a few powerful things like trolls etc)

Great symbol, not sure about the pyramid, makes me think too much about Egypt and mummies (which could of course be a unit)

Another thing which sprang to mind - if the map would be the same (could just be reworked with same area but new textures) where would the zombies starting position roughly be?
    The map will be the same (unless a mapper wants to make a new one of course) and the zombies will most likely start in eastern or northern Europe, the Middle East, or Africa because Central Europe is to cluttered, and I want Iberia to remain Roman. I will make mummies a unit because technically, they are zombies.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Here's a new symbol. it's essentially the same but with the pyramid and eye replaced with a flaming biohazard symbol and the colour scheme ha been changed to red and black

For infection, you can just use game mechanics! If you give the zombies max-size and 0-turn recruitment, the AI'll get 480 of them per turn, per city. Draining 480 from the population of every town it owns... Until, within a couple years, every city in Zombie territory has been reduced to ~200 'survivors'.
    Cool. This could work. Once somebody who knows 3dsMax makes a zombie model, that is....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiphoenix View Post
    This could work. Once somebody who knows 3dsMax makes a zombie model, that is....
    What do you mean? That would be one of the simplest things (take peasant model, stick arms out, chop off head/limbs = 1 basic zombie model)

Making a new animation would be slightly harder, but certainly nowhere near impossible

Formerly Tyrtaeus

No. A total War is for war, not windless killing of Zombies. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
    Do you have reasoning to back up your opinion? (you don't have to, just wondering)

Formerly Tyrtaeus

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
    Chill. If people want this to be a mod the people want this to be a mod. I would prefer just typical infectious zombie mod and no mummy stuff but I am still way interested in this.

If you stick zombies in the mix without basing the game around them, killing them becomes anything but mindless.

Consider - you're at war with half the world (as usual), and then your spies send back word of an ever-growing horde of ravening monsters gathering in the distant northlands.
    Do you divert your own forces to crush the threat in the cradle? Your enemies will destroy you while your back is turned.
    Do you ignore them and focus on your living opponents? You'll all bleed each other white while the horde gathers momentum.
    Do you take your forces and retreat to an island fortress? Good luck retaking the world from whoever comes out on top.

Zombies are only mindless when they're the only enemy. But chuck them into the middle of a chaotic warzone...

And for what it's worth, I looooove historical realism. But this idea does sound like a fun twist on the original game, and much easier to implement than a lot of other proposals. Fantasy it may be, but it's still a good idea.

Oh, there is one problem, though - sieges. How would they do sieges with no equipment or heavy weaponry? You could sit on your walls and pick them off at your leisure.
    Last edited by Kiwiphoenix; July 23, 2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Ooooh, wait...

I'm thinking perhaps a modification of the sap point thats a worm/zombie snake thing attacking the wall (you wouldn't have to make a model or show it, it would look the same as a regualar sap point and the line would be the worm underground)

Battering ram could be a large zombie, ladders are possible, but I can't think of anything for siege towers.

Formerly Tyrtaeus

Maybe you can do that all the goodwill people give different units such as:

Mummies / Egypt
    Legion zombie / roman
    Berserker zombie / Gallo or Germans

etc.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

If mummies are included, I'll make them region-specific as in you have to reach Egypt and surrounding areas to recruit them, so, if you're not playing as them, there will be little chance of seeing mummies on the battlefield, and if you're playing as them, you don't have to go down there. As for siege equipment, I like Tyrtaeus's idea.

I'm happy to announce that I have reached my desired feedback in order to make "Aeger numerus bellum" So now I'm waiting for a skinner. The Last Legion of Rome will be the coder as he has already offered his services in a comment above.
    Last edited by Tia; July 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

There is somthing new?

Quote Originally Posted by White Hand View Post
    There is somthing new?
    New Thread: HERE

Formerly Tyrtaeus

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

how about there should a faction of mummies who have return from the dead to save Egypt from the approaching zombies the problem is that they will be warring with the Ptolemies for the control of Egypt and the fate of those who live there. The Mummies should have New Kingdom Style army of vanilla Rome but as reanimated skeletons while the Ptolemies have the historically correct graeco-roman period army from Europa Baraborum.
    Last edited by hessia78; September 06, 2016 at 09:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12