Ok first off I want to say this mod has some real potential and I REALLY don't want it to go back to the dark ages like all those other mods...
Anyways to the main subject: some ideas
First of you should fix pikemen just like they did in FKoC. The reason I say FKoC is because in that the pikemen don't kneel down or anything they just stayed normal but with their pikes out forward which I think is both better for gameplay and more historically accurate. Second what you should do is put in pikemen for every country. Pretty much every country at some point adopted the pike. What you should do is start the game off in 1550 so you would have both protestantism and catholicism, along with Islam of course. Make a bigger Americas like what they did in the Expanded Americas mod. Make some events for new nations to arise and stuff like that. Note that by 1550 Prussia was already a nation even if so very small. Also you mustn't forget to make starting cities and towns a bit better like make sure all cities and towns start off with a church, land clearances, and roads. Also I think that the castles should be removed and replaced with cities as you already can't make gunpowder troops and stuff from castles so I don't see a point for them. Not to mention cities make more money
Anyways that's all I can remember from the top of my head so thanks for reading and sorry if this was a wast of your time.