Thread: 1220 Campaign - Added Sweden and fixed Mongols

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Default 1220 Campaign - Added Sweden and fixed Mongols

I like to play as Norway and I think it is better to have a faction bordering me rather than a bunch of rebels so I have decided to switch Aztecs with Sweden.
    I am also pretty tired of Mongols looking and speaking like Imams, so I have decided to fix that too.

Done:
    - Added Sweden.
    - Added regions: Slesvik, Halland, Sjælland, Suðreyjar, Agðir, Bohuslen, Vestgotaland, Savonia, Devon and Friesland (old Friesland changed to Oldenburg).
    - America has been blocked by deep ocean for now and has been stripped down to one province.
    - Exterminate now gives as much as sack.
    - Less movement point penalties in traits.
    - Mongols have been made a separate culture and pagan portraits from original MTW. I believe the voice should be Mesoamerican now too but I had a bad MTWII install from GamersGate and will not be able to check that until I get the voice.dat files replaced. That will be done in about a week.
    - Removed (German word) from titles.

Sveariki

Konungriki Danmork

Konungriki Norðveg

Suðreyar

Still to do:
    - Remove rebels from holding provinces on most of the map, then check economic balancing result for all factions.
    - Find out where the handheld banner textures are located (the units are using Danish banners).
    - Add more provinces if possible. I don't know if the limit is reached.
    - Remove deep ocean going from all naval units.
    - Mongol building bug needs to be fixed.
    - Make Sweden darker blue (I know, this takes 2 seconds, but I always seem to forget)
    - Update all starting faction leaders and heirs to be historically correct for 1220.
    - Add plenty of starting stacks for the Mongols, including 10star,10dread,10authority Genghis Khan

Optional (will need help on these, as for the skinning I would need someone else to do it)
    - Find out how to change titles of Norway, Denmark and Sweden, "Knight Commander" just doesn't look right. Will replace with titles such as lendmaðr, Hersir, Jarl, Hertug
    - Find out how to copy a cavalry unit into an infantry unit via battlemodels and export units.
    - Reskin units to Swedish colors and Swedish handheld banners, preferably Norwegian units (Hirdmen, Huscarls, etc).
    - Paint better banner textures for Sweden, as you see I basically just switched red with blue for the main banner taken from Norway.

Also, let me know if you would like to just get one of these things without all the others, I might be able to help.

Credit to:
    Ishan for specific help and Gigantus for "Adding a new faction" tutorial.

Note: This is for version 6.3
    Last edited by King Yngvar; July 17, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.

Default Re: 1220 Campaign - Added Sweden and fixed Mongols

nice attempt....but why campaign begins 1220?

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

Hey King Yngvar,

That's excellent work. I did the same thing with Aztecs->Aragon. If you have any questions, send me a PM. Or I'll send you some answers to the questions you've already posted. Maybe we can get both incorporated into taiji work, and make a really interesting campiagn pack for DLV!

Good luck keeping up the good work!

Pm on it's way, TQ

nice attempt....but why campaign begins 1220?
    It's because of the Mongols. I didn't think it felt right having them already on the map in 1180, so the easy solution is to turn the clock forward.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would probably mark you for high-treason (helping creating a Swedish faction), if it's purpose hadn't been to crush that faction.

What about a region called "Isle of Mann" in the British Isles?

I would also suggest that giving Norway the requirments to win a campaign should be to counquer and hold some part of the British Isles.

Another thing I would suggest is to speak with me via PM, I can probably help you with scripts regarding the apointment of titles to the 3 Scandinavian nations (Landmann, Stalari, Jarl, etc.) and the historical aspect if it's required. I may require some assistance/resource for a favor dHRR owe.

Another thing is that, if your altering and using Raaka's Norse Roster, then permission and credit is not optional.

EDIT: Denmark hold several danish provinses mid- 1100 to 1227 + a various of crusades to Estonia.

I recommend that Danish winning conditions include Mecklenburg, Pomerania and Rügen aswell as the crusades to what ids today Estonia, while the former 3 areas are of Danish control at game start.

Various petty kingdoms existed throughout the area now known as Denmark for many years. Between c. 960 and the early 980s, Harald Bluetooth appears to have established a kingdom in the lands of the Danes which stretched from Jutland to Skåne. Around the same time, he received a visit from a German missionary who, according to legend[citation needed], survived an ordeal by fire, which convinced Harold to convert to Christianity. The new religion, which replaced the old Norse religious practices, had many advantages for the king. Christianity brought with it some support from the Holy Roman Empire. It also allowed the king to dismiss many of his opponents who adhered to the old mythology. At this early stage there is no evidence that the Danish Church was able to create a stable administration that Harald could use to exercise more effective control over his kingdom, but it may have contributed to the development of a centralising political and religious ideology among the social elite which sustained and enhanced an increasingly powerful kingship.
    After the death of Canute the Great in 1035, England broke away from Danish control and Denmark fell into disarray for some time. Vikings from Norway raided Denmark sporadically. Canute's nephew Sweyn Estridson (1020–74) re-established strong royal Danish authority and built a good relationship with the archbishop of Bremen — at that time the Archbishop of all of Scandinavia.
    In the early 12th century Denmark became the seat of an independent church province of Scandinavia. Not long after that, Sweden and Norway established their own archbishoprics, free of Danish control. The mid-12th century proved a difficult time for the kingdom of Denmark. Violent civil wars rocked the land. Eventually, Valdemar the Great (1131–82), gained control of the kingdom, stabilizing it and reorganizing the administration. King Valdemar and Absalon (ca 1128–1201), the bishop of Roskilde, rebuilt the country. During Valdemar's reign construction began of a castle in the village of Havn, leading eventually to the foundation of Copenhagen, the modern capital of Denmark. Valdemar and Absalon built Denmark into a major power in the Baltic Sea, a power which later competed with the Hanseatic League, the counts of Holstein, and the Teutonic Knights for trade, territory, and influence throughout the Baltic.

In 1168, Valdemar and Absalon gained a foothold on the southern shore of the Baltic, when they subdued the Principality of Rügen.
    In the 1180s, Mecklenburg and the Duchy of Pomerania came under Danish control, too. In the new southern provinces, the Danes promoted Christianity (mission of the Rani, monasteries like Eldena Abbey) and settlement (Danish participation in the Ostsiedlung). The Danes lost most of their southern gains after the Battle of Bornhöved (1227), but the Rugian principality stayed with Denmark until 1325.

In 1202, Valdemar II became king and launched various "crusades" to claim territories, notably modern Estonia. Legend has it that the Danish flag, the Dannebrog fell from the sky during the Battle of Lyndanisse in Estonia in 1219. A series of Danish defeats culminating in the Battle of Børnehoved on 22 July 1227 cemented the loss of Denmark's north German territories. Valdemar himself was saved only by the courageous actions of a German knight who carried Valdemar to safety on his horse.
    From that time on Valdemar focused his efforts on domestic affairs. One of the changes he instituted was the feudal system where he gave properties to men with the understanding that they owed him service. This increased the power of the noble families (Danish: højadelen) and gave rise to the lesser nobles (Danish: lavadelen) who controlled most of Denmark. Free peasants lost the traditional rights and privileges they had enjoyed since Viking times.[3]
    The king of Denmark had difficulty maintaining control of the kingdom in the face of opposition from the nobility and from the Church. An extended period of strained relations between the crown and the Popes of Rome took place, known as the "archiepiscopal conflicts".
    By the late 13th century, royal power had waned, and the nobility forced the king to grant a charter, considered Denmark's first constitution. Following the Battle of Bornhöved in 1227, a weakened Denmark provided windows of opportunity to both the Hanseatic League and the Counts of Holstein. The Holstein Counts gained control of large portions of Denmark because the king would grant them fiefs in exchange for money to finance royal operations.
    Valdemar spent the remainder of his life putting together a code of laws for Jutland, Zealand and Skåne. These codes were used as Denmark's legal code until 1683. This was a significant change from the local law making at the regional assemblies (Danish: landting) had been the long-standing tradition. Several methods of determining guilt or innocence were outlawed including trial by ordeal and trial by combat. The Code of Jutland (Danish: Jyske Lov) was approved at meeting of the nobility at Vordingborg in 1241 just prior to Valdemar's death. Because of his position as "the king of Dannebrog" and as a legislator, Valdemar enjoys a central position in Danish history. To posterity the civil wars and dissolution that followed his death made him appear to be the last king of a golden age.
    The Middle Ages saw a period of close cooperation between the Crown and the Roman Catholic Church. Thousands of church buildings sprang up throughout the country during this time. The economy expanded during the 12th century, based mostly on the lucrative herring-trade, but the 13th century turned into a period of difficulty and saw the temporary collapse of royal authority.
    Here is a map of Scandinavia in 1219. Denmark in the 1170s, including the Principality of Rügen, is shown in orange; later gains including the Duchy of Pomerania are shown in light green.

Norway
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Sword Brethren
    Estonian island of Saaremaa (Ösel) claimed by Denmark but conquered by the Sword Brethren in 1227 and the territories conquered by Denmark in northern Germany
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Norway, it's a shame there are no Bergen , as it was the Capital and 3 times the size of Oslo. Oh well, I'm guessing you are no map moddler so there is little hope.

Norse:
    Captain = Hersir
    (Sea) Captain/admiral = Styrimaðr
    Faction Leader = Konungr
    Faction Heir = Erfingi
    Assassin = Banamaðr
    Spy = Gestir
    Diplomat = Erendamaðr ("messenger")
    General = Hers-höfðingi
    Princess = Dróttning
    Village = Býr or Bœr
    Fishing Village = Fiskibýr
    Merchant = Kaupmaðr
    Port = Höfn
    Small Town = Lítill borg
    Large Town = Stórr borg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are using the old Norwegian units?

You will also have to get rid of the Americas invasion by Norway, England, France, Spain, etc. Or it may crash..... (I'm no exper tho).

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; July 18, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Harðurāðaz's Avatar Senator

Sweden = Swerike or Swerikæ (In old Swedish)
    Denmark = Danmark (In old and modern Danish)
    Norway = Noregr (In old Norwegian/Icelandic)
    ---------------

Captain = Hersir
    (Sea) Captain/admiral = Styrimaðr
    Faction Leader = Konungr
    Faction Heir = Erfingi
    Assassin = Banamaðr
    Spy = Njósnarmaðr
    Diplomat = Erendamaðr ("messenger")
    General = Hers-höfðingi
    Princess = Dróttning
    Village = Býr or Bœr
    Fishing Village = Fiskibýr
    Merchant = Kaupmaðr
    Port = Höfn
    Small Town = Lítill borg
    Large Town = Stórr borg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

But Gestir is the name of the formal Corporation within the Hird. How do you say... Hmmm.... 'Spy of the Gestir' or 'Gestir's Spy'?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Another thing is that, if your altering and using Raaka's Norse Roster, then permission and credit is not optional.
    I'm using 6.3... Now that I have clicked that link I see that the version I have did not include the rooster. I will download it and just use some of the textures, I will ask for permission, but it seems the download link is broken so I shall wait until it works.

Norway, it's a shame there are no Bergen , as it was the Capital and 3 times the size of Oslo. Oh well, I'm guessing you are no map moddler so there is little hope.
    It's there, it is just not placed in the exact position... I can't extend the map, just add regions.

Another thing I would suggest is to speak with me via PM, I can probably help you with scripts regarding the apointment of titles to the 3 Scandinavian nations (Landmann, Stalari, Jarl, etc.) and the historical aspect if it's required. I may require some assistance/resource for a favor dHRR owe.
    Thanks, but I found another way. Norway, Sweden and Denmark are now a separate culture. The Greek and Southern European cultures had to become Mediterranean and their titles are converted to Norse ones... This won't affect their units in any way.

From export_vnvs
    {Title_Kentarchos}Merkismaðr
    {Title_Kentarchos_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Merkismaðr, a man of good birth but with little experience, best serving under a Lord with more experience. If a Merkismadr is called upon to lead a band of the King's warriors, his men will be none too happy to serve under a leader so untested. A Merkismadr will be eligible for promotion to Hærshøvðingi after one to three years (two to six turns) of campaigning. To gain credit for campaigning, this character must end each turn outside a city, town or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, friendly lands less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Kentarchos_effects_desc}-2 Morale
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Taxiarchis}Hærshøfðingi
    {Title_Taxiarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Hærshøfðing and may lead the King's warriors into battle. A Hærshøvðingi may be promoted to the rank of Hersir after five to seven years (ten to fourteen turns) of campaigning. To receive credit for campaigning, this character must end his turn outside a town, city or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, campaigning in friendly territory less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Taxiarchis_effects_desc}
    {Title_Taxiarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Hærshøvðingi.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Drougarios}Hersír
    {Title_Drougarios_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Hersír and may lead brave warriors into battle for our King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Hersir may be promoted to the rank of Stridsjarl after ten to fifteen years (twenty to thirty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Drougarios_effects_desc}+1 Command, +1 Morale, +1 Security, and +20 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Drougarios_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Hersir.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Merarchis}Stríðsjarl
    {Title_Merarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Stríðsjarl and may stand at the head on a great army in the service of King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Stridsjarl may be promoted to the rank of Riksjarl after twenty to twentyfive years (forty to fifty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Merarchis_effects_desc}+2 Command, +2 Morale, +2 Security, and +30 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Merarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Stridsjarl.
    {Title_Merarchis_epithet_desc}Jarl
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Strategos}Riksjarl
    {Title_Strategos_desc}This man has reached the highest ranks a Norse warlord can possibly reach with his promotion to Riksjarl. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and experienced warlords in the performance of his noble task. This man has brought great honor upon himself and his kin for his achievements as a warlord.
    {Title_Strategos_effects_desc}+3 Command, +2 Morale, +3 Security, and +40 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Strategos_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Riksjarl.
    {Title_Strategos_epithet_desc}Jarl

From expanded
    {SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN}Mediterranean
    {NORTHERN_EUROPEAN}Western European
    {MESOAMERICAN}Mongol
    {GREEK}Norse
    {EASTERN_EUROPEAN}Eastern European
    {MIDDLE_EASTERN}Middle Eastern

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm using 6.3... Now that I have clicked that link I see that the version I have did not include the rooster. I will download it and just use some of the textures, I will ask for permission, but it seems the download link is broken so I shall wait until it works.
    Im sure you can download Taiji's BB, as it includes those splendid units. I can also issue you permission, as I'm given the mandate to do so. *Hands over a piece of permission*.

It's there, it is just not placed in the exact position... I can't extend the map, just add regions.
    It's as best as it get's, I guess.

I'm not confident in the names StridsJarl nor Hersir and among more of these to behonest.

Only a very few people were ever appointed to the position as Jarl, as the title was replaced by Hertug (Count) in the late 12th century. In Norway, the Jarl title was only open for 1 person and they even stopped leading they Leidangr fleet after the 12th century. This was reserved for the Hird Klerk (central hird priest/Bishop) or other nobles like Baron or the King's Stallere. Markismadr was also a very high title among the King's men, at one point the same rights as Baron and Stallare while being the King's right hand. Riks Jarl sound however promesing, as it was at many times the second in command, aswell as only including folks connected with the King while they also held many titles like Sysselmadr or Lendir madr at the same time.

Hersir (or Herse) is a therm mostly used during the Viking ages, and rearly in the middle age, which leaves me sceptical at best. The title was not a formal titles used in affars of the kingdom nor is it mentioned in the laws, and only on local ground incase of lokal heads of community or leaders of a war party.

I would use one of the 2 lists, The first are of the high middle ages. The second is from the late middle ages. You will notice thet Scandinava (specially Norway and Sweden) were late in developing it's continental titles, and there for had them late. Still, I see no alternative. Norway was extremly fixated and loose when it came to titles relating to nobility, and rigidly enforced divisions between several corporations, which halts me in advicing titles as Gestagh (general of Gestirs).

It's also sad that Norway evolved into using only 2 nobility titles (Riddere and Væpner) in the late middle ages, still, with some years of gathering and research, I'm confident that this is the best there is for all the 3 kingdoms.

Following list presents the pattern of High Middel Age(1200-1260) titles of scandinavia:

{Title_Kentarchos}Kertilsveinar
    {Title_Kentarchos_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Kertilsveinar, a man of good birth but with little experience, best serving under a Lord with more experience. If a Kertilsveinar is called upon to lead a band of the King's warriors, his men will be none too happy to serve under a leader so untested. A Kertilsveinar will be eligible for promotion to Skutilsveinar after one to three years (two to six turns) of campaigning. To gain credit for campaigning, this character must end each turn outside a city, town or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, friendly lands less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Taxiarchis}Skutilsveinar
    {Title_Taxiarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Skutilsveinar and may lead the King's warriors into battle. A Skutilsveinar may be promoted to the rank of Lendr Maðr after five to seven years (ten to fourteen turns) of campaigning. To receive credit for campaigning, this character must end his turn outside a town, city or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, campaigning in friendly territory less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Taxiarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Skutilsveinar.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Drougarios}Lendr Maðr
    {Title_Drougarios_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Lendr Maðr and may lead brave warriors into battle for our King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Lendr Maðr may be promoted to the rank of Storman after ten to fifteen years (twenty to thirty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Drougarios_effects_desc}+1 Command, +1 Morale, +1 Security, and +20 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Drougarios_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Lendman.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Merarchis}Stormann
    {Title_Merarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Stormann and may stand at the head on a great army in the service of King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Stormann may be promoted to the rank of Jarls after twenty to twentyfive years (forty to fifty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Merarchis_effects_desc}+2 Command, +2 Morale, +2 Security, and +30 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Merarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Stormann.
    {Title_Merarchis_epithet_desc}Jarl
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Strategos}Jarl
    {Title_Strategos_desc}This man has reached the highest ranks a Norse warlord can possibly reach with his promotion to Jarl. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and experienced warlords in the performance of his noble task. This man has brought great honor upon himself and his kin for his achievements as a warlord.
    {Title_Strategos_effects_desc}+3 Command, +2 Morale, +3 Security, and +40 Siege Engineering
    {Title_Strategos_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Jarl.
    {Title_Strategos_epithet_desc}Jarl

Following list presents the pattern of history 1270s - 1308s:

{Title_Kentarchos}Væpner
    {Title_Kentarchos_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Væpner, a man of good birth but with little experience, best serving under a Lord with more experience. If a Væpner is called upon to lead a band of the King's warriors, his men will be none too happy to serve under a leader so untested. A Væpner will be eligible for promotion to Ridder after one to three years (two to six turns) of campaigning. To gain credit for campaigning, this character must end each turn outside a city, town or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, friendly lands less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Taxiarchis}Ridder
    {Title_Taxiarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Ridder and may lead the King's warriors into battle. A Ridder may be promoted to the rank of Baron after five to seven years (ten to fourteen turns) of campaigning. To receive credit for campaigning, this character must end his turn outside a town, city or castle. Campaigning in enemy lands gives full experience, campaigning in friendly territory less so. There is always the chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Taxiarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Ridder.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Drougarios}Baron
    {Title_Drougarios_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Baron and may lead brave warriors into battle for our King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Baron may be promoted to the rank of Stormann after ten to fifteen years (twenty to thirty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Drougarios_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Baron.
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Merarchis}Stormann
    {Title_Merarchis_desc}This man has been awarded the rank of Stormann and may stand at the head on a great army in the service of King and country. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and lesser warlords in the performance of his noble task. A Stormann may be promoted to the rank of Hertug after twenty to twentyfive years (forty to fifty turns) of campaigning. There is always chance of promotion for heroic feats on the field of battle.
    {Title_Merarchis_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Stormann.
    {Title_Merarchis_epithet_desc}Hertug
    ¬--------------------
    {Title_Strategos}Hertug
    {Title_Strategos_desc}This man has reached the highest ranks a Norse warlord can possibly reach with his promotion to Hertug. He is ably assisted by seasoned advisers and experienced warlords in the performance of his noble task. This man has brought great honor upon himself and his kin for his achievements as a warlord.
    {Title_Strategos_gain_desc}The King has awarded this man with the rank of Hertug.
    {Title_Strategos_epithet_desc}Hertug

Any questions, please ask, because I couldn't be more confident in the 2 diffrent periodes. Which you choose, I have no problem with, just not use Hersir and those that piss on history

End Note:
    Kertilsveinar is the early saying -, and Væpner (Norwegian), Väpnare (Swedish) and Væbner (Danish is the later counter part a Esquire(English). Ergo, a man of noble birth with little experiences in war, usually led by a Lord (Riddere or Baron).

Skutilsveinar is the early saying -, and Ridder (Norwegian), Riddare (Swedish) and Ridder (Danish) is the later counter part of a Knight(English). Ergo, a man of noble birth, exseptional arms and armour and warrior able to lead many "squires".

Lendr Maðr is the early saying-, and Baron (Norwegian), Baron (Swedish), and Baron (Danish) is te later counter part of a Baron (English). Ergo, a man of high noble birth, lower only to exceptional Stormen, a Jarl or a Hertug.

Stormann in the early saying(?)-, and Stormann (Norwegian), Stormån (Swedish?), and Stormand (Danish). A Stormann is a general title for a very power high noble which would have a seat on the King's Pricy Councill or lating in the Kalmar: Riksrådet ("National Councill").

Jarl is the early saying-, and Hertug (Norwegian), Hertig (Swedish) and Hertug (Danish). A Hertug or Jarl was the seccond in command, and acted onbehalf of the King in his absence. The man also coronated new kings and was a mighty individual indeed.

To narrow down this little investigation, I would pick the later version, because it holds titles used by all the kingdoms. I would also be using the Norwegian or Danish (almost identical) titles. Swedish is pretty similar, but they are beaten by share "democracy"...

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; July 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Very impressive mod, King Yngvar! Er du norsk?

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    - Exterminate now gives as much as sack.
    Nice work , King Yngar. +rep

May I ask for your reasons for this?

Cheers

La Muerte

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

Hey, another thing you might consider for this project ius updating the other faction's starting provinces to their accurate 1220 positions. i.e., changing England and France to reflect the aftermath of the Battle of Bouvines, changing Byzantium to its borders, etc. I'm doing the same in my Aragon faction project, and its pretty straightforward. Just a suggestion.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

King Yngvar, when the exit of this mini - mod is planned?

Renesans's Avatar Civis

How work moves ahead? Soon exit a mod?
    Last edited by Renesans; September 03, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

With som improvements this mod could become very good! +Rep

(I'm a Swede)
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

Nice +1000 internets

Renesans's Avatar Civis

This mod is dead???

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen