Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Good job with the ghouls! I guess they will not be difficult to kill since they seems to be sleeping
    You'd be surprised! Anyway according to GURPS and descriptions from http://www.giantbomb.com/ghol/92-5401/
    "Although they do not appear to be inherently evil, they do seem to worship one or more evil deity as it is stated in Myth: The Fallen Lords that the Ghôls alone "remember the names of the dark gods." Evil or not, they are a savage, brutish, and sadistic race. "
    And in Myth's universe there are a lot more menacing creatures than the Ghols.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Great work i cannot wait to see the dark side of power...

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Thank you Faiakas! I'm glad you like them.
    Yes, in Myth they could throw anything , wight bits, satchel charges, limbs, skulls etc.. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen in Total war. They'd throw one thing and that is all.
    Unfortunately, in M2, units can't have one projectile. As far as I remember from my experience as part of XVIIth century mod, the minimal number is 2 or 3 Are you going to include "prec" ability, so ghols would throw a projectile and then charge?
    The dual-wielders are pure melee, the Shamans are ranged of course(I gave them a swarm-like poisonous gas cloud spell), the scavenger units should have throwing ability I know. But honestly, skirmishing works soo bad sometimes in total war, that it's just disappointing, I think the unit would be kind of nerfed as a skirmisher.
    However thanks to The Holy Pilgrim, I'd add the "cannot_skirmish" ability to them and maybe it would work (As the shamans do), but skirmisher unit in total war always go meele with a little stop. They run to their target, they stop (to standA) when they are in charge distance and at last they go charge. I prefer more the pure melee charge, without any stop just running down archers with your ghols in seconds!
    Perhaps it has more to do with the animation itself. I think the delay is included in animation and could be deleted by a talented animator like you
    So for the first version they won't be skirmishers, that's for sure!
    Perhaps beta testers will find a way for ghols being skirmishers on their own

And I forgot: fantastic work, I am actually more excited about it than about new version of TATW, which speaks for itself

PS. Would you like to tell us how will Stygian Knights act gameplay-wise? Let me make my guess:
    a small, expensive unit with near-undefeatable armour statistics and good melee, with unbreakable morale?

Hi Turambar and death
    Great work I cannot wait to see the dark side of power...
    The dark side will have great powers I can guarantee you this.
    Hi intel
    Unfortunately, in M2, units can't have one projectile. As far as I remember from my experience as part of XVIIth century mod, the minimal number is 2 or 3 Are you going to include "prec" ability, so ghols would throw a projectile and then charge?
    I meant one type of projectiles. So there would be only bone, or wight bit, or cleaver..but unfortunately the unit can't throw just random items.About the amount of projectiles. I'm ok with units having only 3 projectiles, actually the Shades will only have three blasts of their dispersal. "prec" still works? I didn't know about that.
    Perhaps it has more to do with the animation itself. I think the delay is included in animation and could be deleted by a talented animator like you
    You're right, it has to do something with animations but not entirely. I've never really bothered with this yet.
    Perhaps beta testers will find a way for ghols being skirmishers on their own
    Perhaps.
    And I forgot: fantastic work, I am actually more excited about it than about new version of TATW, which speaks for itself
    Thank you Intel, I'm honoured really.
    PS. Would you like to tell us how will Stygian Knights act gameplay-wise? Let me make my guess:
    a small, expensive unit with near-undefeatable armour statistics and good melee, with unbreakable morale?
    Exactly, and I'd add the basic Twohanded-Axe version and another Pike using version(not the MythIII version though) just a variation of the default unit. These creatures really are for defending purposes therefore using long pikes really fits for them.

Intel , expect a PM from me later today.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I meant one type of projectiles. So there would be only bone, or wight bit, or cleaver..but unfortunately the unit can't throw just random items.About the amount of projectiles. I'm ok with units having only 3 projectiles, actually the Shades will only have three blasts of their dispersal. "prec" still works? I didn't know about that.
    Works quite well, I remember having tested it extensively
    You're right, it has to do something with animations but not entirely. I've never really bothered with this yet. Perhaps
    Oh, so balancing is still about to come, fine
    Exactly, and I'd add the basic Twohanded-Axe version and another Pike using version(not the MythIII version though) just a variation of the default unit. These creatures really are for defending purposes therefore using long pikes really fits for them.
    Not sure if pike version would be needed in case Stygian Knights would have mass that'd prevent them from being launched into air upon cavalry charge.

The main advantage of pike is the distance, that spearates the holder of spear from the enemy. Since Stygian knights are pretty much invicible in melee and have huge battle axes (historically - an excellent anti-cavalry weapon) that makes pike-wielding SK a bit obsolete, IMHO
    Intel , expect a PM from me later today.
    I shiver in anticipation

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

So for the first version they won't be skirmishers, that's for sure!
    Perhaps one can be a skirmisher and one pure melee?

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Perhaps one can be a skirmisher and one pure melee?

Stygian Knights were a defensive unit having high armor stats benefits (not taking damage from arrows/very low damage from fire arrows). In addition they suffered movement penalty due to heavy armor (slow walk pace).
    Its kinda dosent fit to have a Stygian Unit being skirmisher (Always if we want to have the same MYTH Feeling).

As for their weapons. Lances could be a great countermesure against Cavalry units. 2H axes of course should remain or if it is possible to have an upgrade option to switch from Axe to Lance.

Hi Faiakas,

I think The Holy Pilgrim meant the skirmisher for the Ghols. Of course there won't be skirmisher Stygian Knights. I'll might give a shot to this skirmisher Ghol unit.

@Intel

I think you're absolutely right about Lances/Stygian knights. I'll add a lancer Stygian-knights anyway, casue this connects with MythIII-the wolf age. (second unit, is a stygian knight.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm just not making this design, but more like MythII Stygian knights with long lances.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

What's the first unit? o.o

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Big Badass MF?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Big Badass MF?
    Kind of.. . That's the Trow Iron warrior from Myth III The Wolf age.

Bedecked in iron armor up to a foot thick and brandishing an iron hammer the size of a tree, the Iron Warriors are an all-but-unstoppable force. Nothing can withstand the might of this titan of war. Moving slower than an unburdened Trow, their column-sized mallets can smash a swath of death through an entire army in one swift stroke. Only siege weapons and clever tactics have a chance to stop these living juggernauts.
    source: http://carnage.bungie.org/myth/asylu...mes;read=14126

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Faiakas View Post
    Stygian Knights were a defensive unit having high armor stats benefits (not taking damage from arrows/very low damage from fire arrows). In addition they suffered movement penalty due to heavy armor (slow walk pace).
    Its kinda dosent fit to have a Stygian Unit being skirmisher (Always if we want to have the same MYTH Feeling).

As for their weapons. Lances could be a great countermesure against Cavalry units. 2H axes of course should remain or if it is possible to have an upgrade option to switch from Axe to Lance.
    Hi Faiakas,

I think The Holy Pilgrim meant the skirmisher for the Ghols. Of course there won't be skirmisher Stygian Knights. I'll might give a shot to this skirmisher Ghol unit.
    T'was exactly what I meant

About the Ghols, I mean

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

News?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    News?

Hi Cinuz,

I'm afraid not too much. I'm having time consuming issues again, and it most certainly sure that I'm not gonna be able to make the public-custm battle-beta release before christmas. Although balancing, and testing is gonna be under progress.

Even though I still have a lot of units to make, I've made an attempt to make a working campaign map. I ran into a problem with it, but I think I'm gonna finish the basics of the map first, then I go to back working on units. Working on the campaign map is refreshing after modelling and texturing.

Here are a couple of screens about the map. Note that this is still very much work in progress, and hopefully everzthing is gonna look just better in the final version.
    Tharsus, the great volcano

By briariuss at 2011-12-12

The west shores

North of the Cloudspine

Seven gates and Bagrada passes, Winter

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

The volcano looks amazing, as do the water colors.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Looking good as always my man!

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Map is really good. Well Done Briarius.
    Can u add also World knots in their original locations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faiakas View Post
    Map is really good. Well Done Briarius.
    Can u add also World knots in their original locations ?
    Thanks Faiakas,

I'm planning to. The world knots would work as an actual teleport system, when you enter your army would pop up on the other point of the map, at another world knot. Although I'm not very sure that this is possible. I hope it is though!

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Subscribed...

I 've never played Myth. Can anyone give full names of Myth games so I can try them out?

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    Subscribed...

I 've never played Myth. Can anyone give full names of Myth games so I can try them out?
    Hi NekoGenijalan

This wiki link is pretty decent. "Myth The Fallen Lords"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_%28series%29