Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

THe heron Guard is supreme, man! Keep up the good work... and, as Tooon said:

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Must say am not into anything fantasy based on total war games, but I think the quality of the units and effort into this mod is amazing! Well done and +rep

ps: Quite interesting the story behind the Heron Guards... Some time ago i spent several hours reading the Myth's world story, and i can say it is truly good for a total war game, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Conqistador; November 25, 2011 at 05:06 AM.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Thank you guys,all of you! I'm pleased with the unit too. (I'm never pleased with anything.)

@Faiakas

And you were right Faiakas, here is the upgraded unit without facemasks. It actually looks better.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By briariuss at 2011-11-25

EDIT:

No, I didn't. The Journeyman can chant, to boost morale and I'll probably add the chanting ability for the Heron guard too. I don't think the healing is possible..

Much much better the new upgraded look of Heron Guards

About their special ability to boost morale seems the right choice since we can't have healing.

Keep up your great work mate !!

Quite interesting the story behind the Heron Guards... Some time ago i spent several hours reading the Myth's world story, and i can say it is truly good for a total war game, in my opinion.
    Indeed! Their story is truly one of my favourite among Myth unit background stories. There are a lot of well designed concept for units in Myth's universe. The Myrmidons, the fir'Bolgs , the Trow...etc..every race is unique and have a very well placed background history.

@Cinuz
    I don't know I gave them katanas cause it fits. And according to Myth-GURPS book.

"....this weapon is treated as a katana. The blade maybe either straight or slightly curved like the Japanese example. "
    That's one of the things when I make a decision and make things a little different compared to the original. There is one thing though where I'd like to be more accurate and that is the symbol on their banners. Right now I just used a japanese bird crest, which kinda fits to the whole "Ibis crown", story, but I would really like to add some lore based symbol. The only reference I found is this one:

In the background there is a symbol type thingy, but I'm not sure what that is. Probably a very abstract image of an Ibis, and a vertical line cuts it through. I'm not sure. Godzfire? X4VI3R? What symbol should I use?

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

X4VI3R? What symbol should I use?
    That one!
    It's from the Cath Bruig. Here you have it again (and complete):

Quote Originally Posted by X4VI3R View Post
    That one!
    It's from the Cath Bruig. Here you have it again (and complete):
    Thank you my friend! That's the one I'm gonna use! Cool picture by the way, I've never seen this before, despite that I dig up the internet looking for Myth resources through the length and breadth.

Hi,

I thought I would share this. I've been messing around with the Battle Editor, to make some historical battles and I found out that swimming still works in M2TW. It's pretty buggy but it works with river crossings, where the zero altitude is deeper. And the unit has to have the "can_swim" attribute.(cavalry and infantry without the "can_swim" attribute try to make it but they drown shortly after they went underwater.)

By briariuss at 2011-11-29

By Briariuss at 2011-11-29

unfortunately It seems, even this little discovery(it was for me at least)..I won't be able to make the thralls walking on the bottom of the lakes or rivers..
    Last edited by Briarius; November 29, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Sweet!

Perhaps the animation for them could cause the mesh to "drop" from it's original origin point (or whatever) and just use the normal walk animation?

I mean, it may be buggy, but perhaps it could work. Although, the two main issues are figuring out how to do that and making the mesh drop to the riverbed and not look like they're just walking in the middle of the pool or under the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Sweet!

Perhaps the animation for them could cause the mesh to "drop" from it's original origin point (or whatever) and just use the normal walk animation?

I mean, it may be buggy, but perhaps it could work. Although, the two main issues are figuring out how to do that and making the mesh drop to the riverbed and not look like they're just walking in the middle of the pool or under the ground.

Actually there is a mechanism origin-dropping when the unit starts to swim. Which has nothing to do with the animations. (Something similar to that bending when a unit holds the arrow). I don't think I can get rid of that so I just made the water surface higher, and their head still pops up from the water so they don't die, but they sort of look like they walking underwater.(I can live with the result.).

You'll see it in the first Historical battle I've made, which is not exactly a historical battle it's just a total war version of the game's first level. Crow's bridge. I wanted to make something small, for testing purposes.
    Hell, scripting historical battle is not easy , but I think I've made a breakthrough. I have an intro sequence with different camera angles and narration, and scripted movement for the units etc..I'm still not sure how these things work but I've already learned a lot about this.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Either you are someone from CA, or some kind of android. That's the only explanation for your work. Anyhow, Christmas will be cooler this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DobroVece View Post
    Either you are someone from CA, or some kind of android. That's the only explanation for your work. Anyhow, Christmas will be cooler this year.
    This.

Briarius, you are really some awesome geezer ! And you (and your mod) remind me of Bwian('s mod - Curse of the Warpstorm, which unfortunately died somewhere in development), he was also some insane dude creating new animations and other shiz

no demo?

the ghols look awsome

Thanks DobroVece and Killerbee! I've been told before that I was an android. ;D

Hey Killerbee, I know that Bwian mod, Curse of the warpstorm, yes! I thnink I've read through the whole thread a year ago when I started to mod. I like Bwian's work a lot! He had some pretty creative ideas there. And I've learned about editing TWs animations, from his tutorials.

Hi Trithwood,

No demo yet, according to my plans around Christmas I can give you a playable beta. I hope I can make it though! Adding sounds and changing stats is not half as much fun as making units.
    Do you like the Ghols? I've already made some changes on them. I've added small ears for them (which I completely forgot before) and I've given eyeballs which was probably one of the best suggestion overall from Godzfire since I've started the mod. Thanks again Godz. I also I've separated three types of them.

• regular - Scavenger -that's the basic unit

• stronger melee -Maraduer (these guys are basically the brutes, they use dual cleavers and I gave them more tribish look with bodypaints and feathers.And they're slightly bigger than the others.

• And I have a third a Shaman mage support unit. Now MumboJumob, the creators of MythIII made a pretty nice Ghol priest model with flail and all, but I was kind lazy here, I've got to admit that I didn't want to make a new Ghol model, so I've just used the regular unit as base. Hope you guys will still like it.( Maybe I'll make the MumboJumbo version later as a Ghol hero unit)

Here are the screens. Click on the first preview for the full size image.

By briariuss at 2011-12-03

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

From all units i like peseants most.
    Simplicity often requires great skills inorder to present it with all its glory!
    Great work. I am jelus!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The new eyes make them look sleepy rather then menacing, rest of the skin looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    The new eyes make them look sleepy rather then menacing, rest of the skin looks great though.
    Agreed. Didn't even notice the eyes at first, but they do indeed look almost drunk/high

The units still look amazing though, don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Thanks AnthoniusII and Louis and Killerbee. You know first I kinda felt the same when I looked at them(the sleepy look), but only on the bodypainted version and for me it's faded out already . I might see what should be changed in order to fix this.
    Hi,

EDIT: This list has just got shorter. My next unit will be the Stygian knights!

LIGHT

Heron Guard

When the Ibis Crown was found and the Empire of Cath Bruig was reborn, Journeymen threw off their coats and donned their old armour. These warriors, the Heron Guard, are elite close combat infantry that also carry mandrake roots. Heron Guards are fast, strong, resistant, and can heal both themselves and their companions. Other than lacking a Warrior's shield or the speed of Berserkers, Heron Guards are the best regular infantry available to any commander.DONE!

Mortar Dwarf

After the Great War dwarven technology improved and a new dwarven weapon was born: the mortar. Although not many can use this weapon well, those who mastered it are extremely dangerous at medium to long range. However, like most Dwarves, Dwarven Mortarmen are slow and vulnerable in close combat.DONE!
    Mercenary: Warlock

Warlocks are powerful wizards who can defeat entire squads of enemies using their pyromancy. Warlocks shoot large and deadly fireballs, but can only attack a limited time before they must regenerate mana. Unfortunately, other than their confusion spell, Warlocks are defenceless in close combat.
    DARK
    Ghast

Ghasts are slowly moving resurrected bodies. They are home for different germs and bacteria, that's why their hits paralyse enemies. Despite their low resistance, they can become a serious threat in big number, but only in close combat.
    Wight

Wights are bloated, full of germs bodies, filled with explosive gas. Every one of them has got a dagger and, whenever the enemy is near, it cuts it's own stomach causing an explosion, which deals big damage and covers everything in range with paralysing pus. The best way to deal with wights is to kill them from a distance.
    Shade

Shades are resurrected bodies of dead Avatara. Therefore they have great power, both physical and magical. In short, that's a very hard enemy. What's interesting, Shades don't walk on ground, but they float above it. They also dislike water and can't pass any water areas. DONE!
    Stygian Knight

Stygian Knights are creatures raised to life by Soulblighter itself. By being animated armors without bodies, they are strong and completely resistant to archers' arrows. However, they are very vulnerable to any explosions. Despite that fact, Stygian Knights are very dangerous enemies.
    Maul

Mauls are huge pigs, shod in steel and clothed in a coat of mail. They wield wooden clubs studded with nails. They are very strong, quite fast and extremely resistant, especially to Dwarven bottles. In groups they become a serious threat.
    Myrkridia

Myrkridia is a mighty race of wild beasts, brought to this world by the Summoner. They are very fast and strong, in big groups they can defeat any foe. However, when they are weakened enough, they fly into a rage and attack the nearest unit, even if it is other Myrkridian beast.
    Myrkridian Giant

Myrkridian giants are stronger counterparts to their smaller kins. They are bigger, more massive and more resistant. Furthermore, they can throw explosive skulls at a long distance (uses mana), which makes them very dangerous enemies.
    Neutral: Spider

These spiders, as opposed to common arachnids, live in caves and are much bigger, almost human-sized. But such as their little kins, they can walk on walls and ceiling. In conjunction with their quickness and despite their miserable strength, they are very onerous enemies, especially in big groups.

Images and desrciption source: http://www.soulblighter.net/units.htm
    Last edited by Briarius; December 03, 2011 at 06:21 PM.

I can wait, even beter looking, awsome mod!

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Thanks DobroVece and Killerbee! I've been told before that I was an android. ;D

Hey Killerbee, I know that Bwian mod, Curse of the warpstorm, yes! I thnink I've read through the whole thread a year ago when I started to mod. I like Bwian's work a lot! He had some pretty creative ideas there. And I've learned about editing TWs animations, from his tutorials.

Hi Trithwood,

No demo yet, according to my plans around Christmas I can give you a playable beta. I hope I can make it though! Adding sounds and changing stats is not half as much fun as making units.
    Do you like the Ghols? I've already made some changes on them. I've added small ears for them (which I completely forgot before) and I've given eyeballs which was probably one of the best suggestion overall from Godzfire since I've started the mod. Thanks again Godz. I also I've separated three types of them.

• regular - Scavenger -that's the basic unit

• stronger melee -Maraduer (these guys are basically the brutes, they use dual cleavers and I gave them more tribish look with bodypaints and feathers.And they're slightly bigger than the others.

• And I have a third a Shaman mage support unit. Now MumboJumob, the creators of MythIII made a pretty nice Ghol priest model with flail and all, but I was kind lazy here, I've got to admit that I didn't want to make a new Ghol model, so I've just used the regular unit as base. Hope you guys will still like it.( Maybe I'll make the MumboJumbo version later as a Ghol hero unit)

Here are the screens. Click on the first preview for the full size image.

They Look very good and you managed to keep their original form
    Did u find a way to add a special range attack for the Ghols ? (except they are mostly melee,they can throw wight pieces or whatever they find)

They Look very good and you managed to keep their original form
    Thank you Faiakas! I'm glad you like them.
    Did u find a way to add a special range attack for the Ghols ? (except they are mostly melee,they can throw wight pieces or whatever they find)
    Yes, in Myth they could throw anything , wight bits, satchel charges, limbs, skulls etc.. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen in Total war. They'd throw one thing and that is all.

The dual-wielders are pure melee, the Shamans are ranged of course(I gave them a swarm-like poisonous gas cloud spell), the scavenger units should have throwing ability I know. But honestly, skirmishing works soo bad sometimes in total war, that it's just disappointing, I think the unit would be kind of nerfed as a skirmisher.
    However thanks to The Holy Pilgrim, I'd add the "cannot_skirmish" ability to them and maybe it would work (As the shamans do), but skirmisher unit in total war always go meele with a little stop. They run to their target, they stop (to standA) when they are in charge distance and at last they go charge. I prefer more the pure melee charge, without any stop just running down archers with your ghols in seconds!

So for the first version they won't be skirmishers, that's for sure!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Good job with the ghouls! I guess they will not be difficult to kill since they seems to be sleeping

Can't wait for the Stygian Knight!