Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Haven't you ever played with the Teutonic expansion of MTW II? There is a script that allow to Denmark to unify all the Norwegian territory under precise circumstances: if, for example, there are no more heir for the norwegian kingdom, if I remember well..

--

EDIT -What is the default unit size? Would it be "small" since this is a RTS-inspired mod? And moreover, on what size do you suggest to play it?
    Last edited by Cinuz; October 22, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Haven't you ever played with the Teutonic expansion of MTW II? There is a script that allow to Denmark to unify all the Norwegian territory under precise circumstances: if, for example, there are no more heir for the norwegian kingdom, if I remember well..

--

EDIT -What is the default unit size? Would it be "small" since this is a RTS-inspired mod? And moreover, on what size do you suggest to play it?

Honestly, I've never played that campaign. To be a little bit more honest, I've never made an actual playthrough on the vanilla M2TW campaign either. The last Total-war which I've played was Rome-BI.

After the battles in rome I felt Med2 battles too slow and uncomfortable, I don't know, I'm not saying it wasn't good it was different. Anyway I thought I should make the mod for this engine though cause visually gives more and it can be modded very well.(unlike Empire or Shogun.)

About the unit size: I prefer small scale battles, but one of the main reason of this mod, to finally people will be able to fight the big epic battles which the narrator just mentioned in Myth The Fallen Lords. So I think I'll aim for big or huge unit size. (Although there are gonna be units with kinda small scale as well.) Specially the one-man/units..

I've just finished the animations of the Shades, so they're levitating all over the battlefields now.

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Very good!

What about the wight? Have you found a solution to that unit? Was the "elephant "hint"" i gave you good?

kalmar script allow to change the faction (banners, colors, units, everything) during your campaign when you accomplish to some objectives you decide.
    For example conquering some particular settlements like Murtiemme and rebuild it (you can decide any you want). The new faction take place the one you were playing...
    In this way you could have the possibility to unify all the light faction to fight against the fallen...

nnnm's Avatar Senator

that amazing idea, so u can make the the alliance stats change to the third Cath Bruig Empire and if u add Trow faction they can turn into the Iron Trow Empire.

That's indeed a great idea tyler. But guys, remember I don't have a complete roster for a separated Trow , fir'Bolg, or Cath Bruig, factions. And I'm not intend to add that many units..that's a lot! ..I think I'll leave that for Sub-mods. I'd like to finish the core of the mod first, then we can think of separated factions by races, Dwarves, fir'Bolg, Human empires etc...(which I think it would be awesome by the way..)

EDIT:
    What about the wight? Have you found a solution to that unit? Was the "elephant "hint"" i gave you good?
    Sorry Cinuz, I've missed this. Yes, that's gonna be a working solution thanks. But the wights also need a unique animation set with zombie-like movement and that's the hardest part. (I'm working on the ghast's animations and hopefully I'll be able to use that for the wights too..
    Last edited by Briarius; October 23, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Very nice!It's fine too see that you've came to a solution!

On the other hand, I finally managed to get Myth II,and while checking the manual, I've found some units that doesn't appear on the roster on the first page:i'm talking about the Stygian Knight or the Fetch...are you planning to add these units?

Hi Cinuz,

In case you've missed this post of mine.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post10305418

You'll see, this is the unit list which should be done! The Fetches are already done! Well, and the Shades as well.. (I might preview the Fetches soon.)

The mahirs are the guys who I won't add cause it's impossible to make such animations and effect (life draining..).

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Oh,I see! Actually I missed it! Thank you for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post

You'll see, this is the unit list which should be done! The Fetches are already done! Well, and the Shades as well.. (I might preview the Fetches soon.)

The mahirs are the guys who I won't add cause it's impossible to make such animations and effect (life draining..).
    This is a great news!
    Waiting for them!

Briarus, I've been watching your work since I was looking at Myth videos on Youtube and discovered a preview of your mod.
    You've no idea how eagerly I'm looking forward to this mod of yours, I just want to thank you for all the work you've put in. You're a Hero to the Myth community.
    I hope the gameplay is as challenging and rewarding as the game I played all those years ago.

Hi DomWeasel,

Glad you like it. I'll try to do my best to make the gameplay as challenging as it was in the original game.. Although, I have to tell that don't expect similar syle of battles, total war is total war after all! A very different beast, as someone wrote to me once.

Anyway, I've been working on the Ghast's animation sets and I've realised that this was gonna be way too much work. So Ghasts are definitely the content of future patches. I'd really like to finish that playable beta until christmas so I've stopped adding new units into the mod. Alright this is the last one I swear.

Actually the base of this unit was pretty much done for months! I originally intended this to be an armour upgrade for the berserks, then I've got to my senses and realised that berserks shouldn't wear any armour ever! Anyway I didn't want the work I've put in the model go to waste. That's how the first mercenary unit for the light side was born.
    After retexturing and a little bit more modelling I was done!These guys are the barbarian warriors of Gower.

BARBARIANS OF GOWER

IMAGES MOVED TO THE OP

(I based them from Connacht-the wolf appearance in Myth III the wolf age.)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Connacht's tribe if you like. I know there is a huge time-gap between the events of the Wolf-age and the timeframe I'd like to use for the mod, but a technology in a fantasy world doesn't evolve as fast as in real world right? So I thought, these guys could look the same and use the same type of great axes as Connacht did. (X4VI3R, and Godz do you guys think this causes some confusion?)
    You'll be able to hire these guys around Gower area, and they'll be rebels if you're playing as one of the fallens.

Credit: For Lord Calidor for his weaponpack(modified a bit.)Thx!
    Last edited by Briarius; November 30, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Another splendid unit.

Great! It's amaizing... I continue to remain impressed for each unit you do...

Thx guys,

I've also redid the normal maps of the Berserks unit, now they have similar body like these barbarians have, with improved, strong normals, probably there are some anatomical mistakes there but it's not noticable ingame. (It actually looks better overall.)

About the Ghasts, I'm trying to make something like this for its movement:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's not easy I can tell. But I'd really like to make them different from a living being. Now I'm gonna take a week-or two break from modding even from working. See you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    do you guys think this causes some confusion?
    Not at all. It's an amazing addition.
    btw- Do you have the unit description?

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

See ya master.

if this mod release, it s certain that the other mods ll be old fashioned

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Awesome as always my man!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

No words can describe how much I'm loving your work, Briarius