Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Excellent performance. This is exactly how it should look like.
    You can easily feel you're in Bagrada.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Superb Briarius, that would be the only fantasy mod that I will actually play, great job

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice and super awesome to boot!

Wow, incredible! The models are so damn good, man! Have some rep!

I've seen the Myth's vids in youtube, and briarius, you're making a superb work on this!
    Last edited by Conqistador; October 18, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

@tyler
    You have recreated the perfect atmosphere of myth!
    Glad to hear that, this is exactly what I was going for!

@X4VI3R
    You can easily feel you're in Bagrada.
    Oh, yeah. When I was kid and played this level , I was pretty much petrified of the trow.

@St. Polycarpe
    @Vice
    @Conqistador

Thx guys, I'm glad you like it. I'll try to deliver that playable custom-battle beta around christmas.
    EDIT: In case someone would have missed the trow-video preview. I put it in th OP also!
    Last edited by Briarius; October 18, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool vid!

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Great work i like those big-ga guys...!!!

Great job Birariuss !

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

FANTASTIC!!!!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Thx!

One more screen about this!

Phelot will lead the first wave of thralls!

By briariuss at 2011-10-03
    This is AWESOME! Nice work as always Briarius! Even Trows are excellent!
    Last edited by Cinuz; October 21, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Thx guys,

here is a little background info about the Trows ,for people who don't know the original game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By briariuss at 2010-12-16

The Trow are a race of giants who have been around since the beginning of the world, creations of the Goddess Nyx. What started off as a peacful race, dedicated to thier creator, soon turned into a race that would commit genocide and destruction for other races for untold millenia. When they were attacked by a bloodthirsty race known as the Sileh'hei, they beseeched Nyx for help and she revealed to them the secret of Iron. With this knowledge, they forged weapons and armour which made them all but invincible in battle. They fought off the Sileh'hei back to their mountain caves and in revenge, they hunted down and killed every last one of them.

However, that didn't end the bloodshed that was to come. They soon used iron to build great temple cities and monuments, dedicted to Nyx. When their mines ran out, they soon turned to other places in search of the metal and the fuel to smelt it. One such place was south of their lands, to a forest of ancient trees, home of the Forest giants. The resulting conflict that arose forced the Forest giants from their homes and reduced it into the poisoned and deadly Dire Marsh. The Forest Giants warned that the Trow had poisoned the soul of iron but were paid no heed.

The Trow then caught word that the Callieach had powerful magics derived from the Wyrd Runestones, they deemed them useful for contructing ever more splendid temples to Nyx. But instead of negotiating, they just took the stones by force, razing the Callieach's cities and killing any who got in their way. All the Runestiones they took were taken to the city of Si'anwon. The Callieach warned the Trow to stop the attacks or face retaliation but the Trow, in their arrogance, paid no heed. The Callieach then invoked a powerful cataclysm that sank Si'anwon beneath the Great Sea, taking the Runestones and the powers they contained with it. Outraged that a 'lesser race' would defy them, the Trow initiated a systimatic extermination of the entire Callieach race. Even with god-like magic at their disposal, the Callieach were being wiped out without mercy under the Trow's iron boots. The last survivors of the Callieach fled to the mountains in the east with an army of Trow behind them. Rather then let themselves be killed by the Trow, the Callieach invoked thier most powerful magics and in one almighty cataclysm that tore through the very fabric of reality, they destroyed themselves along with their Trow pursuers. The Great Devoid was the end result.

After the Callieach's dustruction, another race known as the Oghres emerged. When the Oghres saw the trow and the many monuments and temples dedicated to Nyx, they called the Trow 'Consorts of Nyx'. The Trow were provoked, to put it lightly, by this jab to their pride and promptly battled against the Oghres, destroying thier homes and ensalving those not killed. The Oghres had now become slaves to the Trow, forced to mine for iron and build temples for the goddess they once insulted.

With their lust for iron ever growing, the Trow had encroached on the forest dwelling Fir'Bolg and forced them from thier forest homeland, causing them to migrate first to the Downs of the Cath Bruig empire and then over the Cloudspine and into the Ermine forest in the west.

It was during the Wind Age that the Trow's hold over the world would be broken. The Orghres, tired and resentful of thier enslavement to the Trow and with the help of the great hero Connacht, rebelled against the iron clad giants. The Trow responded, fighting the Oghres and at the Valley of the Red Seal wiped out the Oghres, thier blood and bones permemently staining the valley walls. It was here that the Trow finally saw what they had been doing for thousand of years, realising the cowardice with which they fought and only now understanding what the Forest giants told them when they were forced from their home forest.
    The Trow that day rejected iron in disgust, swearing never to use it again and deciding that iron 'was a tool best left for the younger races'.

Following the genocide of the Oghres, Connacht struck against the weakened Trow. Using an artifact known as a sunhammer, he summoned magics powerful enough to melt the iron cities of the Trow, imprisoning the giants beneath molten iron so that they will never harm another race ever again.
    The Trow would remain in this state until the next age when Connacht, now returned as Balor, freed them and gained their loyalty. The Trow were now leading Balor's armies and causing destruction as they had ages past. At the end of the war and Balor's defeat, their numbers had been reduced dangerously low and they now resolved to stay out of any more battles. They denied Soulblighter any assistance during his fight against the Light but agreed to aid the light for one year after they were beaten in a fair game .
    After Soulblighter's defeat it is assumed that the Trow had now withdrew from contact with other races to rebuild thier once great civilisation.

By briariuss at 2010-12-16

source: http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trow
    artwork by : Juan Ramirez

Really interesting!
    An armored trow as upgrade would be really cool!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

yeah! maybe with just shoulders protections, greaves and an open helm!

Really interesting!
    An armored trow as upgrade would be really cool!
    yeah! maybe with just shoulders protections, greaves and an open helm!
    Hi, in Myth III the Wolf Age, which is the prequel to the first and second game but it wasn't made by Bungie but MumboJumbo, there were these guys!

Trow iron warrior
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By Briariuss at 2011-10-21

This third game wasn't really a great succes as far as I know.(I've never played it though.) Anyway, I could put Trow iron warriors into the mod but in the timeframe I'd like to have for the mod, the trows don't use iron for weaponry anymore.

We'll see maybe a LOT later in a "Wolf Age" campaign.
    Last edited by Briarius; October 21, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Yes I understand.
    I know there are already so many things to do.
    I played the wolf age, it's a prequel. But it wasn't so cool as the first 2. It was just the lore to see the fallen as the light... and alive. And use Connact (balor) as a wild barbarian with a great axe.
    Thinking about the third one. in Connacht village there were some barbarian javelin unit.

sequel edited to prequel Oh, my English.

Yes I was thinking about adding that javelinman as mercenary unit for the light. You could hire them in the Gower province or something like that. (Heart Guardsman? That's what they'were called?)

Hearthguard - In the lands of Gower, these ever vigilant guardians of the clans defend their villages and townships from any evil that dares trespass. They are the Hearthguard, and their prowess with their spears is legendary. Not only can they throw their javelins with great distance and precision, but they can strike at any creature that ventures too close. Their wooded shields can turn the claw of any Myrkridia.

I take this description from here

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Hearthguard - In the lands of Gower, these ever vigilant guardians of the clans defend their villages and townships from any evil that dares trespass. They are the Hearthguard, and their prowess with their spears is legendary. Not only can they throw their javelins with great distance and precision, but they can strike at any creature that ventures too close. Their wooded shields can turn the claw of any Myrkridia.

I take this description from here
    Thanks tyler,

Nice desrciption. It's kinda funny though that despite that epic desrciption this unit kinda sucked right?
    I only know the game from GuavaMoment's LP from youtube. (I've watched the whole thing.) These guys were not good.

In effect the description is a bit exagerated...
    But i think it could be cool. Too if you would like to differentiate the light faction...
    And with a kalmar script unificate them ...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    In effect the description is a bit exagerated...
    But i think it could be cool. Too if you would like to differentiate the light faction...
    And with a kalmar script unificate them ...
    Yes, I'll probably end up adding that unit as well.

What do you mean about this "kalmar script"? I don't know what that is. Could you explain?