Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Well, this is indeed a great update. My compliments, B.
    The brigands are nothing less than perfect.
    As for the bowmen, i'm truly impressed. It's amazing to see their progression from human apprentices from the fir'bolg war schools into regular Legion recruits.

Dwarven pathfinders as spies, Journeymen as diplomats... sounds great.
    (Berserk champions as assassins, perhaps?)

And so far, yes. I also agree with the idea of brigands as the basic general's unit for the Fallen.

See you!

EDIT:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    PS: I'm stuffed with work and study. Seriously. It's spring here, and that means a LOT of people venturing again outside of their homes and getting smashed at the streets, pubs, football matches, and so on. If you're one of those injured ones around here, chances are about 78% that i'm gonna be the one who'll take you into the OR.
    Last edited by X4VI3R; September 26, 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

This mod looks better and better each time I come back here! And about the diplomats - spys and assassins I think your right on the money! Now a question about the Heron Guard...If I recall correctly you said they would be placed in this mod yes? If so will that mean the Journymen will morph into them at some point into your campaign like in Myth 2?

@The Holy Pilgrim

Thank you! But I really need to force myself to not make more units for a while..I need to move the mod to Kingdoms and add those sounds (haven't done it yet)..I'll probably ask for your help in porting to Kingdoms.

@Chrysantheme

Thanks, and I kinda like the idea of the mysterious dark captains with the covered head and gauntlets.

@Louis Lux

Watch those LP-s I've linked before. This one is my favourite: Johhny Law
    You'll want to play it once you get to know it.

@X4VI3R

Thanks, I'm glad you agreed to the Brigand as captains idea. I'll send a PM to you soon.
    EDIT: I've missed this sorry.
    Dwarven pathfinders as spies, Journeymen as diplomats... sounds great.
    (Berserk champions as assassins, perhaps?)
    Yes Berserk champions could make nice assassins, or I had another in my mind. A fir'Bolg sharpshooter?

@Vice

Thank you. About the Heron guards, yes they will be in the mod but not in the beta version. In the campaign I think it should be as you wrote, to turn the Journeymen to HeronGuards at some point. Although I'd like to have both of them available as separated units in custom battles.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 26, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Great Briarius!!! All are amazing...
    + rep
    About Heron Guard...
    You can just do as an Upgrade (of a Journeyman). The problem is that the stats will be quite identical... A part an +1 on armor...
    Last edited by tyler; September 27, 2011 at 03:40 AM.

Very nice units YET AGAIN Briarius !

Thinking about Myth History. Heron Guards should be able to recruit only if Murthiemme (I cannot remeber well the name) Is conquered again and rebuilded...
    It could be nice...
    They went in exile when Murthiemme fell.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

AWESOME

@Killerbee

Thank you!

@tyler

Thinking about Myth History. Heron Guards should be able to recruit only if Murthiemme (I cannot remeber well the name) Is conquered again and rebuilded...
    It could be nice...
    They went in exile when Murthiemme fell.
    Yes, this is exactly how it should be.

@Haršurāšaz

Thanks for you too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Short notice.All images of unit previews moved to the opening post.

Hi people,

Since the Fallen lords are a lot of job to put in, they'll not be in the beta. But I wanted add some kind of heroes/leaders to the dark side. The shades seemed to be the perfect choice. I could make their model and textures faster cause they're based on my generic undead unit(the trall). A lot of reworking and adding stuff, and a whole new anim set (I have only the standA_idle yet.So back to animating for a while.)

These guys are the most powerful undead beings in Myth. They always serve a dark lord though, and always different one. I have made 5 of them, one for each Fallen lord( this doesn't mean that in the campain you couldn't hire another one for example, this is just the setup for the custom battle mod.)

Phelot now serves Shiver
    Sinis now serves Soulblighter
    Turquine now serves Balor
    Sciron now serves The Watcher
    Nym now serves The Deceiver

I didn't follow the canon very much, in their appearance. Probably Phelot looks most like the original shades from Myth. I was trying to add different characteristics to them. You'll see what I'm talking about on this picture.(Click one this little preview for the full size image!)

By briariuss at 2011-10-02

Ingame screens about them. (Same deal, click for bigger image!)

By briariuss at 2011-10-02

Any suggestion for changes is welcome, I can change their names, their ownership , but not their appearence. (I like them as they are now.).
    Everyone of them has the dispersal dream spell as their primary attack. I don't think I can make it work like it was in the original game though! (For those who don't know their original spell in MYthTFL was a powerfull chain-reaction spell. You triggered on one enemy unit and if there was any other unit around then the spell took effect on that, and then on the next one next to it, and the next one..and so on! It was best used on big groups!)

Anyway I was thinking of using some kind of heavily modified version of the grapeshot from Kingdoms. With invisble projectile just the deadly end effect. Maybe I could even make slightly different variants of the spell for each one!Like differences in damage, area, casting speed, color etc..

What do you think?

Cheers!

EDIT: description from http://www.soulblighter.net/units.htm

Description: Shades are resurrected bodies of dead Avatara. Therefore they have great power, both physical and magical. In short, that's a very hard enemy. What's interesting, Shades don't walk on ground, but they float above it. They also dislike water and can't pass any water areas.

That's how their spell worked in the original game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-bq...ailpage#t=275s

Thanks to
    GelospingmangoMan, for this qreat quality upload!
    Last edited by Briarius; October 02, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Great work as always.
    So they will be in 1 unit per regiment??

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Great work as always.
    So they will be in 1 unit per regiment??
    Yes. They'll be playing the role of the leaders until the Fallen lords arrive. I don't know yet how to balance their power, cause I'd really like to make them powerfull as hell. But I don't want them to be able to wipe out the whole enemy army with one blast! On the other side, it would be really disappointing if they'd die from the first arrows of the legion. But that's the downside of the 1/man unit thing. I think M2TW mostly counts the odds on unit numbers, so if one of these guys gets surrounded by a lot of enemies, their high HP and armour or shield value will protect them for a while, but they'll still die rather fast!

they are amaizing! I really like this idea. Indeed It can be quite hard to balance them...
    Now waiting for avatars...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    they are amaizing! I really like this idea. Indeed It can be quite hard to balance them...
    Now waiting for avatars...
    Thanks. It is gonna be hard but I'll try to figure out something! I have prepared a model for Alric, but the Avataras are gonna be in the same addition as the Fallens. I'd like to add both version of Alric, the young Avatara who led the army of the Light and sacrifised thousands to kill Balor, but eventually won the Great War. And the older one the King who fought against Soulblighter and wielded the Balmung to destroy the Myrkrida.

Sick !

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Sick !
    Thx!

One more screen about this!

Phelot will lead the first wave of thralls!

By briariuss at 2011-10-03

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

This is gonna be epic! The grappling shot idea sounds great.

So how many more heroes are there going to be in the first release?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    This is gonna be epic! The grappling shot idea sounds great.

So how many more heroes are there going to be in the first release?
    Well, that's pretty much all! I'll even remove Greybark the forest giant hero from the light side for the first release. Just the Shades. I'm making units very slowly ..it takes me 2 weeks usually to finish one..(well that's not entirely true) , but If I'd like to make a unit from scratch than it is. Hopefully there are other units like the Ghasts, were I'll be able to use already made, UVmapped, textured, rigged parts of my models.

That's how I'd like to do this..

After the first release

1. Basic units from both sides (I've made this list before..http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post10305418
    2. Buff up the dark side with the Fallens
    3. Add the Avataras to even the forces
    4. Add another noticable characters..Ki'Angsi, Balin, etc..

There will be only Historical Battles in first release. is it right?
    However everything look fantastic... and epic!
    + rep if i could!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

So the light won't have any heroes in the first release? Might cause some imbalanced battles

Will you be recruiting a team to help make the campaign?

@tyler
    There will be only Historical Battles in first release. is it right?
    However everything look fantastic... and epic!
    + rep if i could!
    Yes, historical, custom and multiplayer support! That's all for the start. (I'll give you back +rep, as soon as I can, I've checked out your units in Westeros-TW! Great work on Night's watch roster!)

@Louis Loux

So the light won't have any heroes in the first release? Might cause some imbalanced battles
    Will you be recruiting a team to help make the campaign?
    It will definitely cause some imbalanced battles! I know that, but the beta is gonna be also an open beta- test for power-balances. I'd like to have all the fans as beta-testers! I'm gonna make a setup by myself ofcourse, but that's gonna be changed a lot of times until finds its final,balanced values.
    About the team, yes of course! Coders, scripters, mappers(although I'd really like to make the map by myself..at least the terrains, rivers, climates etc..I'm very interested in learning that too!)..but yes a team would be nice for campaign making!