Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Thanks for updating the OP . Are you going to make a full preview of the Trows or are they still WIP?

The graphics look great - nice work!
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca the Younger (ca. 4 BC - 65 AD)

Hi,

@Louis Lux

I should update every unit preview on the OP cause they're already tweaked, improved, changed in various ways. (Just minor differences really, like the Soulles Javelin, unit upgrades some diffuse maps changed in color, shading etc..)

I might do a full preview of the Trow and the Fetch (they're done.), but I'd like to first upload the Brigand's preview. I'm actually working on them now so they'll be up soon. There are some images about the Trow in my album. Check them out if you're interested!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?albumid=4436

@7UKMatt

Thanks Matt!

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Man Briarius, those units are so great! Superb and eager t osee the final product

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    Man Briarius, those units are so great! Superb and eager t osee the final product
    Thank You St.Polycarpe! I'm eager to finish it! Now back to modding..I'll upload the Brigands hopefully tonight. That's not the most interesting unit but I hope you'll like it.

These guys:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Description: Brigands are common human soldiers, but they went on the dark side, tempted by the promises of reign and fortune. They are weaker than Warriors and can be dangerous only in big groups.

cant wait. just cant wait.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

That "win" picture is cool!

Really great! And the addition of Brigands will be perfect.

Thx guys, I'm afraid that Brigand preview will be delayed a bit. Anyway, talking about brigands, in the mod so far I used the Myrmidons as captain model for all the Fallen lords armies. But now we have Brigands I think I should add these guys as captains. For two reasons.

1. According to GURPS , most of these guys were former Legionaries, deserters. They went to the dark side but they got the legion's military training. So I think they could be leaders and captains, commanding brainless undeads in a battle.

2. They will have a mounted version too(soo dark side gets a cavalry unit) and a Myrmidon on horseback would look really weird .

Patrician

Sounds good to me, Myrmidons strike me as more of an unique unit and brigands a little more generic which fits the captain position nicely.

How many heros are you planning on doing? And I'm guessing they will all be one man units right?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Sounds good to me, Myrmidons strike me as more of an unique unit and brigands a little more generic which fits the captain position nicely.

How many heros are you planning on doing? And I'm guessing they will all be one man units right?
    Hi Louis Lux

How many heroes? Hmm..I'm not sure yet.

Five Avatara that's for sure

Alric
    Rabican
    Cu Roi
    Maeldun
    Murgen

The five fallen lords

Balor
    Soulblighter
    The Watcher
    The Deceiver
    Shiver

And probably some other individuals like I mentioned before, but I can't tell which one is gonna be in the mod for sure. There are quite a lot possibilities.

source here: http://myth.bungie.org/legends/encyclopedia/who.html

the 5/5 leader from both sides is my first goal.!

And I almost forgot! The Shades are also gonna be hero units, since there wasn't many of them in the original game and they're kind of a Hero type unit...So they should be also very powerfull 1man/units..

That is quite a lot! 15 heroes, 5 avataras, 5 fallens, 5 shades phuh..that means a looot of work!

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Hi Louis Lux

How many heroes? Hmm..I'm not sure yet.

Five Avatara that's for sure

Alric
    Rabican
    Cu Roi
    Maeldun
    Murgen

The five fallen lords

Balor
    Soulblighter
    The Watcher
    The Deceiver
    Shiver

And probably some other individuals like I mentioned before, but I can't tell which one is gonna be in the mod for sure. There are quite a lot possibilities.

source here: http://myth.bungie.org/legends/encyclopedia/who.html

the 5/5 leader from both sides is my first goal.!

And I almost forgot! The Shades are also gonna be hero units, since there wasn't many of them in the original game and they're kind of a Hero type unit...So they should be also very powerfull 1man/units..

That is quite a lot! 15 heroes, 5 avataras, 5 fallens, 5 shades phuh..that means a looot of work!
    Briarus... wow..That's just great news !

Perhaps you could also include Fang-Grinder.. That giant, outcast Ghol?

And perhaps also a generic avatar model/hero?

Can be seen under light units here:
    http://www.soulblighter.net/units.htm

Regards Fable
    Last edited by Fable; September 24, 2011 at 06:48 AM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Are there going to be merchants - diplomats - spys - assassins at all? I apologize if this has all ready been answered...
    Last edited by Vice; September 25, 2011 at 04:26 AM.

brigands leading thralls...hm.

i dont think that this will fit. thralls are brainless, they wont be able to understand the orders of a brigand...and they were introduced in myth2, in the myth:tfl campaign no brigands were involved.

i don't think that the thralls need a visible capitain. just use a thrall model for the thrall-capitain or no capitain at all. in both games are a lot of missions were you encounter large amounts of thralls only (not only thralls in the mission, but a lot of only-thrall encounters) - thralls should be slow like they are in myth, a single human who is also slow like them just wouldn't fit (the same issue could apply for other units, ghôls and myrms for example)...

for other units, they could work as capitains, but i am not sure if this position isn't to high for them. they are nothing more like line troops after all, and i don't think that just the switch to the dark side will grant them some leadership skills or rights - the myrmidons should fit this role better, at least they have a stronger connection to the dark side as brigands - alone the unit name "brigand" for itself speaks against a leadership role...

Hi

@Fable

I'm not sure about Fang Grinder, perhaps another Ghol hero unit. I'd like to have Fang grinder already dead in the timeframe the mod takes its place. The reason is kind of these suggestions from X4VI3R, which I really like.
    See this post of mine http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10324945

This quote from the Myth comic book gives the opportunity to make a new Ghol hero who is also called Fang Grinder!

"Thus did Mauriac of Madrigal regain his lost honor and for this deed his fame spread far and wide. As for Fang Grinder his skull and bones were much sought after by those that study and practice the black-arts for it was said they held certain sorcerous properties, and ever after whenever a ghol was especially strong or fierce or clever he was called Fang-Grinder!"

I'd only put the Avataras who we know, into the mod. I'm not planning to add generic Avatara model.

@Vice

There should be. All these strat agents come with the campaign. I was thinking of adding Dwarves spies, human diplomats, berserk or fir'bolg assassins etc.. I don't know yet. Suggestions are welcome.

@Chrysantheme

Yes you're probably right, brigands aren't in the leadership role I agree with every words you've written but I still think they'd fit the best as captains and leaders for the dark. (Or something new, completely made up unit). Captains are something which you can not remove. M2TW applies a captain all the time to a unit in a battle (Except you have a general, family member leading your armies.)

Let's see.
    Thralls/no
    Soulles/no
    Ghol/defintely no
    Myrmidons/were my original ide for captains, but I've added mounted brigands and in a battle where these riders are the only unit or let's say you hired them as mercenary in your campaign, and somehow they've got attacked by the alliance's legion. Now imagine this battle with these brigand cavalry with an attached captain who is a Myrmidon..on horseback.) Definitely no from me.
    Trow/no
    Fetch/no
    These are all the units so far in the mod.
    There are some special game mechanincs in Tota War which we just have to live with. Captains are one of them. And so far still the Brigands seem the best possible choice for me, to fill this role.

And here they are:
    I wanted to give them more ragged, rogue, look, so I put some variations to the unit with leather helms, and furry parts,some shield variations and some other minor stuff.
    I hope you'll like what I ended up with.

BRIGAND

IMAGES MOVED TO THE OPENING POST

And here are the human bowmens. I've added two unit upgrades as well. Their basic appearence is based on their original look(MythII)( minor difference is the furry coats)..Then they get an improved lamellar, leather armour, and finally they'll get a similar outfit to the legion warriors, with Helmets, chainmail, and the red/white tunic, just shorter..I wanted slowly fade them into Legion uniform through the upgrades.

BOWMAN

IMAGES MOVED TO THE OPENING POST
    Last edited by Briarius; September 28, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

Patrician

Once more, amazing! I really like the brigands, the fur looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Once more, amazing! I really like the brigands, the fur looks great.
    Thank you! I like them too, they're actually my new favourite. Do you know the original game from BUNGIE Louis?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Fantastic work, Briarius!

You continue to impress

sounds as if the brigand-capitains are the only solution...or a new unit...

hm...you could create a brigand-model for the capitain-role which doesnt show skin. just a brigand with a closed helmet and gauntlets/gloves. this way, the player can use his imagination if he/she doesn't want a brigand as capitain - as long it is not possible to spot the skin of the capitain, it could be almost everything, even a thrall. ^^

btw, the units are awesome.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Do you know the original game from BUNGIE Louis?
    I don't, must have been too young when it was first released. Shame, cause I really like fantasy strategy games.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; September 25, 2011 at 10:30 PM.