Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

@Turambar and death

Thx! Nice fan sig, that's for sure! (Yeah the torches could be better, but I like it anyway.)

@Squeaks

Thank you! And yes, I am a one. But I think it's safe to say that I have one official teammate X4VI3R.! He knows waaay more abot Myth universe than me and he gives me very nice unit ideas and descriptions, suggestions about the possible historical battles, ha also made soundeffects and music tracks for the mod.
    He is very helpful and talented sound man, I'm glad he is on my side.

My weekend was freetime so I could work on the mod, but I've just started a pretty busy week at my workplace. . I'll show up on DB forum soon, of course Squeaks!

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

GodzFire's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    But I think it's safe to say that I have one official teammate X4VI3R.! He knows waaay more abot Myth universe than me and he gives me very nice unit ideas and descriptions, suggestions about the possible historical battles, ha also made soundeffects and music tracks for the mod. He is very helpful and talented sound man, I'm glad he is on my side.
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by GodzFire View Post
    :-/
    I've sent you an e-mail Godz.

So what's the status with the mod?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Goblonaut View Post
    So what's the status with the mod?
    In development I guess... In terms of modelling and skinning I think he is almost done.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Firstly it will be for custom battles i think(almost done),after that he will think about making campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    In development I guess... In terms of modelling and skinning I think he is almost done.

Thanks Louis Lux! This is the right answer Goblonaut!. In terms of modelling and skinning, actually I'm done. I'd like to move everything now to Kingdoms and starts to add musics soundeffects and voices.

I wrote this before:
    My weekend was freetime so I could work on the mod, but I've just started a pretty busy week at my workplace.
    And it was indeed very busy. Actually It stopped just yesterday including my weekend as well. I had one day when I wasn't even sleeping. 24 hour without break. Deadline is deadline in the creative business. Anyway..that's the ugly truth, sadly I have weeks sometimes, when the mod isn't really developing. I have to live my real-life too.I wish a day was 48 hours.

Yes, Turambar is right too. Custom battle mod first, but I've already done some research on the campaign map, too. I'll post it in the next few days.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 08, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Hi guys,

I stopped making models for a while and took an attempt to collect some data for the campaign map. This kind of job is kinda refreshing after polygons, vertices, and keyframes. I've divided the land of Myth to 66 regions. Still not that much but for 6 factions should be enough. I'll still have to make the map rather big, to give enough freeplay for each faction before the great clashes of undeads and living.

I've used names from original Myth TFL map, MythII Soulblighter' map, the map of MythIII The Wolf Age, from some community plugins from the Tain, the Myth GURPS book, and a lot of available source I found on the internet. Such as the book Cuchulain of Muirthemne, I also used names from different kind of Irish, Celtic, Norse, Viking, Welsh, Latin sources, Ireland history maps and such. I made up names of my own as well, but I shall still look around in http://myth.bungie.org/legends/delusions/ , which is probably the best source for Myth lore.

Godzfire , X4V3R please come and check this..nothing is carved in stone yet, soo it's just a base..I'll gladly change things according to your advices guys. Please save the picture and edit them as much as you want. (Of course I'll call the final shots, but I'm sure you'll have better thoughts about the possible provinces and capitol names.)

BASE MAP(You already know this one)

By briariuss at 2011-09-09

PROVINCES BORDERS

PROVINCES CAPITOLS

FACTIONS STARTING POSITION

Let's start to discuss this.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 10, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

You made some really amazing models, +rep is all I can do to appreciate it.

Thank you Vladyvid. I'm glad you like them.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

amazing! great work!

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

nnnm's Avatar Senator

really great mate

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    really great mate
    Thx bitterhowl and nnnm. The campaign is still way ahead in the future but I thought creating the base of the campaign map was a good idea.

Next I'll try to make a list of the possible mercenary units in each provinces. Maybe even the Skrael is gonna be in mod!

EDIT: For those who don't know the original game, the Skrael is a unit which was dropped out from the final release of the game but its sprites/animations remained in the database.
    The skrael have appeared in various third-party plugins for Myth.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

WOW! This is amazing, B!!!
    I'm speechless.

(sending you my PM right away)

artillery units could be mercs. dwarfs with mortars, ghôls with cannons (at least there was a mission with both units in one of the games). and interesting, but impossible to implement: mahir. the for myth 1 planned but abandoned mahir, not the ones from myth 2.

if i remember this right, it was possible to shoot rotten cows with some of the artillery units ("tribok" in german), maybe this could be used to simulate a pus-packet like effekt?!

@X4VI3R

That PM you've sent me. That's a lot of things to read, but a lot of very useful and interesting stuff as well, Thanks. I'll give you a full detailed reply as soon as I can. I'll definitely took some of those suggestions.

@Crysantheme

Yes, Mortar Dwarves and Dwarves with cannons are should be in the mod as well. (They'll come later.) I know there were Ghols with cannons in MythII, but to be honest I've never liked that idea.I guess I should do that anyway to stay authentical.

Your're talking about this Mahir right?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(image source: http://lparchive.org/Myth-The-Fallen.../Update%20114/)
    That's a very unique animation set and I'd say it would be too much work to make only for one unit.

maybe this could be used to simulate a pus-packet like effekt?!
    Could be, but only visually. The awesomest thing would be if I could add the actual paralyzing effect, but that really is impossible.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 12, 2011 at 04:56 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Have I ever told you how awesome this mod is going to be?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Have I ever told you how awesome this mod is going to be?
    ditto

Can't wait to see what's in store and must of all the effect it will have on other fantasy mods.

yes, these mahir did i mean. even if they were possible, they were impossible to balance if they were lore-correct. ^^

@The Holy Pilgrim

Thanks. Can't have enough of that! .

@Louis Luix

Thank for you too. I already shared some of my work with everyone.http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=459335
    And I'm glad that people are really using it.(I've got some really nice screens in PMs, about my anims working in other mods.)..and I'll also upload my Wolves into a free model/anim pack. And of course after I finally made a release, its resource is gonna be free for other modders.

@Chrysantheme

I'll rather focus on the Shade's animation set. It's more important to have Shades than having Mahir right?

Here are some more screenies about my first hero-unit. I wrote before that Fallen lords and Avataras are gonna be 1 man hero units. But I'll also put some other individuals into the mod like Balin the Pathfinder dwarf, or ki'Angsi the fir'Bolg archer.
    Here is the first one I made(it was kinda easy cause mostly just a simple retexure of my Forest Giant unit plus added some minor details.) (description by me but will be improved later, I kinda suck at English words.)

GREYBARK

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"No man has seen one of the giants since the first battle for Seven Gates thirteen years ago. They helped contain the fury of Balor himself for three years, but on the fourth they did not return and the pass was lost." -Myth TFL flavor text, Level 14, "Forest Heart"

Greybark, the oldest of the olds. An elder giant from the deepest, darkest, thickest part of the Forest heart. He's awakened by the sounds of crackling and falling trees being cutted by the minions of the Fallen, shaking off the earth from his roots and marching to the get revenge for the deads of his own kind.
    By briariuss at 2010-12-16

By briariuss at 2011-09-13

By briariuss at 2010-12-16

Last edited by Briarius; September 13, 2011 at 07:01 PM.