Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

@Goblonaut
    Hi Thanks for compliments, as for Ghols I believe I already made those attempts to make a Ghol act like a cavalry..I don't really remember, but I think I did.. Something was wrong with that setup... But the wolves works that's for sure .

@MadMaxGB0

Thx.
    I really hope one day Myth 4 will be made by Bungie again
    I do hope the same!
    Of course I'd like to have a campaign..that's the best part of the whole stuff. I think actually leading Alric's and the Avataras armies on the land of Myth.make your own decision of when and where to act and when to retreat is definetely something which this mod has to have! That's actually writing your own version of Myth's history..

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Excellent work on the wolves. This mod is just going to be so brilliant, I am more excited in it than Dues Ex 3 or Skyrim!
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

Thanks uk_john!

I am more excited in it than Dues Ex 3 or Skyrim!
    This is how much we love this old game from Bungie. Thanks to them for creating it..but also, thanks to Creative Assembly for making the Total war series for us, and giving the possibility of modding it... (Although there are these kinda annoying hardcoded limits.)

Hi All,

I've recently got permission from Alex Bobylev (blog-link), to use this picture as an inspiration base for my Soulblighter model! Soo his name goes in credits.

By briariuss at 2011-08-18

Alex was very supporting, and I'm glad that he gave me the permission, cause I decided to give you a little more than a single Fallen leader model. Every Fallen lord will have one armour upgrade. In Soulblighter's case I'm gonna base my model from Bungie's original Soulblighter, from the first game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By briariuss at 2011-08-18

And his armour upgrade is gonna look almost like Alex's version, with the improved greaves, fancy pants and the shoulder armour, etc..maybe somewhere some chainmail parts, this really just depends on my ideas..

I have ideas and for the others as well. Like Balor, I definitely want to have version of him without the helmet,chainmail and half plate mail(almost like he looked like in Myth III-the Wolf age) and his upgrade would be with the horned helmet in full plate armour. It's harder to make up something for Shiver or the Deceiver, cause they didn't really wear any armour..but I'm sure I'll find something for them as well.

Sounds great !

Fallen Lords upgrades... now THAT sounds exciting, B!

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    And his armour upgrade is gonna look almost like Alex's version, with the improved greaves, fancy pants and the shoulder armour, etc..maybe somewhere some chainmail parts, this really just depends on my ideas..
    Speaking of which... Soulblighter used to wear a cape sometimes (remember the brief vid in which the Tain shard is found, or the defeat screen from "The Great Devoid"?)

EDIT:

Last edited by X4VI3R; August 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

Sounds great !
    Thx KillerBee!

Fallen Lords upgrades... now THAT sounds exciting, B
    X4VI3R, my team-mate! (Hope you don't mind, practically you are!)...Yeah actually Balor had cape too..when in a cutscene, he stood on the walls of Rhi'anon. Too bad though that M2TW skeleton doesn't have bones for caps by default, like it was in RTW.. I could still add capes though, we'll see. (I like them more without it.)

You suggested me a peasant-militia type unit in one of your PM. I took that advice and made a single peasant milita.It's not a very interesting unit as you predicted but it did made a really nice addition to the mod...I feel the warriors more uniqe, now that they aren't the first basic melee unit.
    Hope you'll like the screens. There is oen with the wolves again. (I've finished their, animations finally...) I'm working on the Bre' Unor now..Then I fnally can step to audio and music editing. .Thanks again for those sounds and music tracks you made for me.

PEASANT MILITIA

IMAGES MOVED TO THE OPENING POST

Last edited by Briarius; September 28, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Best peasants I ever seen....

Thx Turambar,

I did use some texture from the internet which were practically already done, only on the shields. But those pictures weren't copyrighted so I guess that's not problem..

Harðurāðaz's Avatar Senator

I cant wait to kill them, with my ghols!!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Those peasants look like nobility with such quality!

Who knew that something so filthy could look soo goood?

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Those peasants look like nobility with such quality!

Who knew that something so filthy could look soo goood?
    That's a actually a good point! ..They'll get dirty though...and bloody...and as far as I can tell, they their pants in the minute they're facing with a Trow! .

@Gautaharjaz

They can stand a fight with Ghols..at least for a while.

Very very good! they are awesome. The level of details is impressive...
    + rep

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Nice preview!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Impressive units. Do you port something from other games or it's all you?

The Berserker unit is probably my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Impressive units. Do you port something from other games or it's all you?

The Berserker unit is probably my favorite.
    Hi,

Thanks. No I didn't import anything from other games..I'm making the models by myself, sometimes from scratch.(for the non-human types) But when I started to mod,(almost a year ago) I used the original CA models from M2TW. I believe that's not a violation against some modding law.. I converted the unit, remodelled where I needed to and Re-UV mapped everything then I made their textures as well. (The berserk was my very first unit..I used the aztecs body as a base for them .)

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I had a look at the entire thread and was completely blown away. I believe your work has the potential of greatly benefiting other fantasy mods.

I'm really curious about your skinning technique, never seen anything similar. I usually just use 1 or 2 overlay textures. If you ever get the chance of making a small tutorial on your UV mapping and skinning techniques, I know it would be greatly appreciated.

i will reinstall medieval2 just for this when its finished...

one suggestion - in the games (myth 1+2), you encounter ghôls that throw pus-packets sometimes. maybee this mod should get another ghôl unit with a similar range attack and low ammunition. and it would be awesome if someone would have an idea how to include the wight, shade and fetch (i personally think that some minor stuff like the "hoovering" of the shade or the death animation of the fetch are not really important as long their battle animations and models are great).

even if i know the screens already - its still exiting to just look at them. keep up this awsemoe work! (+rep)

Thx tyler an Nevada.

@Louis Lux

Oh well, a tutorial. I wish I had time for that. Anyway, I've just had a look on your workshop and let me give back to you that +rep .

I'm really curious about your skinning technique, never seen anything similar.
    I'm pretty sure you've noticed the difference because of my UV-maps..I'm using vanilla texture size 1024x1024 ,but I'm not using original UV-s, I UV mapped every bodyparts with "relaxed" uv and I scaled them up soo I can't fit too much variations. (I guess that's noticable too). That's the downside, but the quality is its benefit, and the comfort of working on 50pixel50 pixel sized (belt-buckle, for example) instead of 10x10 pixel.

@Chrysantheme

I'm glad you like it! The skirmisher throwing Ghol is great, and maybe at some point I will add that unit as well, but (I think I posted my opinion about that..) unfortunately it's impossible to add the paralyzing effect of that Ghol projectile, and therefore I think I shouldn't add another simple ranged unit to the dark side, cause it already have a couple!

Soulles, Fetch,Bre'Unor, and the Shades. Yes, Fetches are already done and they're a working unit ( I just didn't spoil it yet.), and I'm definitely gonna add the Shades cause their spell can be done(At least a very similar version of that.)
    I'd like to be as much authentical as possible to their original style of movement. I think that's what makes a good fantasy unit different from the others and unique. The animation is what gives life and personality, this is the thing which makes you feel that they're not just a new model with some new texture, but they're actually not humans anymore! (That's why I made those thrall-animations too.)

I didn't made the Shades yet cause making a whole unique animation set can be really tedious and boring job! And it takes a lot of time. We're talking about modifying at least 60.cas files one by one..not fun.) And sometimes the result is just not even statisfying. (Same goes for the Wights.)

Anyway, I'm glad you like the screens..I'll try to do my best..(now I go back texturing the Bre'Unor )

Cheers

Bre'Unor is ready. These guys are probably my favourite from Myth universe so I even put an original description here.(from BUNGIE). Hope you'll like them. (I personally, would like to become one of them. )

BRE' UNOR

IMAGES MOVED TO THE OPENING POST

I realised after all these units I made that I put waay to much effort into details and quality textures, casue obviously you can't see some of the details with the default ingame-camera. Anyway, I can't change it now. You'll be able to watch them in the cinematics.
    Last edited by Briarius; September 28, 2011 at 02:58 AM.