Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

I 'm sure, all types of expectations will be hugely satisfied. Your work is great, one of the best one of the community. So... Take your time and let us know when we can unleash a berserker army against the fallen...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Diddn't you forget shade and wight in your list?

nnnm's Avatar Senator

This the only mod I waiting in MTW. Your work is amazing Briarius

Hi
    Take your time and let us know when we can unleash a berserker army against the fallen... @tyler
    I will let you know about that Tyler !

Oh Europe and the Final countdown!! Man it has been ages since I heard that track..thank you Pilgrim!
    Diddn't you forget shade and wight in your list? @Fable
    No I didn't. I'm not gonna add these units in the beta cause they need an awful lot of job to make. (unique animation set, mostly) LAter of course they'll be added as well..

Thnks nnnm..I'll try to give you the BETA as soon as possible.

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Why did you decide to include the Bre'Unor wolf rider? Wouldn't just wolves worked out better story/canon-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Goblonaut View Post
    Why did you decide to include the Bre'Unor wolf rider? Wouldn't just wolves worked out better story/canon-wise?
    I know the riders aren't authentical. The reason I included them, that the Fallens really, really needed a good cavalry unit. Even though I originally wanted the Ghols to be the ultimate archerkillers, flankers, fast moving dark unit..They are..but only if you lead them!..cause the med2AI still handles that unit as an infantry and therefore their main target remained the enemy infantry.

So I played test battles against the dark and the Ghols were charging my frontlines, they attacked my legionares while the Bre'unor "cavalry" wolves were attacking my flanks and they were trying to go behind my ranged units. This the reason I'd like to add this unit!!
    A handler unit is also a good thing(thanks to Eothese that we can use them in M2TW) but when they're leaded by the AI, they also just a bunch of cannon-fodder..you order them to attack and see what happens...

I could make the wolves as a cavalry with invisible riders, so you'll have the "smart" wolf cavalry who you have absolute control of. But imagine a battle where they're the only unit against you, the engine will still attach a rider-captain to one of them, which would look really bad..funny though!

Basically that's why I thought I put the Bre'unors as riders (on bigger wolves), of course next to the skirmisher infantry and a handler also...

EDIT : Does anyone else think I shouldn't put the Bre'Unors as riders? Cause I have another idea in my mind for a good cavalry unit for the dark side...the Brigands!. I could make an infantry and a cavalry version of them... and I'd drop the idea of Bre'Unors having wolf riders...
    But I'm sure the fallen lords need cavalry!!!
    Last edited by Briarius; August 04, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post

EDIT : Does anyone else think I shouldn't put the Bre'Unors as riders? Cause I have another idea in my mind for a good cavalry unit for the dark side...the Brigands!. I could make an infantry and a cavalry version of them... and I'd drop the idea of Bre'Unors having wolf riders...
    But I'm sure the fallen lords need cavalry!!!
    I like this!

I would prefer the Bre'Unors on wolves as cavalry for the fallens. They fits better in the lore considering there were no cavalry units in the series...

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Looks pretty good but you should of done the second game instead of the first

Heron Guard ftw!

I would prefer the Bre'Unors on wolves as cavalry for the fallens. They fits better in the lore considering there were no cavalry units in the series...
    I think I'll be more lore accurate if I drop this idea..I mean the wolf-riders, and I'll add the Brigands as mercenary cavalry unit for the fallen. I've read the GURPS book lately and even though there wasn't any cavalry in the original games..the world of myth do have horses and therefore I think it should have cavalry unit. There are a couple of mention of horses in GURPS and I'v already added my cavalry to the legion so another cavalry on the dark side wouldn't hurt!
    Looks pretty good but you should of done the second game instead of the first

Heron Guard ftw!
    Hmm.It seems the Heron-Guards were favourite of lots of us. I will add the units from the second game, for sure! (I actually already added the bowman..)...but I made an agreement with myself..I won't put anymore unit just after I made the first beta release. See, I'm not a really fast unit maker and I don't really have time for modding lately..so I'd like to release a public beta so people can fight some custom battles, they could give me feedbacks, advices, etc...and in the meantime I might be able to do the rest of the models.
    So the only unit I still have to make the Bre'Unor, but I've just finished their wolves..there won't be wolf-riders that's for sure now. The wolves will be in packs. You might say that these variations are too mixed up and the wolves are from different climates but it always nice to have variation in a squad..so I think I'll leave them this way.

I'm still working on their animation.I mentioned earlier that I'd like to make them running more like a real wolf, you'll see on the images what I'm talking about. I didn't want to show in video cause it's not perfect yet..but hopefully the final result will look like a proper wolf/dog like run.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    IMAGES MOVED TO THE OPENING POST

Cheers.
    Last edited by Briarius; October 01, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

OMG IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

It's amazing! They are simply perfect...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Wow, Briarius. They look incredible!

Fantastic job !

Thx guys..they have some weird stretching around the legs though! I'll fix that weighting problem and the wolves of the Ermine are ready to ambush attack the legion and the fallen as well.

By the way thanks to Undyingnephalim , who I had a pretty good message-exchange with, about handlers, cavalry and flock/pack setups. After all I went with the single cavalry idea with invisible riders..I'm using a heavily modified version of the "elephant" mount setup..with lowered mass, and radius of course. I had to use elephants as base cause the horse type doesn't have attack, and the infantry type had victim animation bug...

Anyway I had a lot of different setups , but this turned out to be the best. Thanks again Neph.
    Last edited by Briarius; August 08, 2011 at 02:15 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The wolves look great! Top quality models and textures for sure! Cant wait to see the new animation for them.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Good job with the wolves!

Briarius, couldn't you have scripted to ghouls as cavalry or something? So they would more likely attack archers and dwarfs etc. Or is there are reason in the code that it can't be done? Anyways, some awesome looking wolves. I'm really excited about this mode, and the day it has a playable beta, I'm going to buy the Total War II and the expansion so I can play it =)

Hi Briarius,

Excellent work with this mod. I love Myth and have been a big fan all my life as it was the first game I played years ago. I really hope one day Myth 4 will be made by Bungie again, although unlikely sadly.

I was wondering, im sure you have been asked this already, but do you plan to make a campaign? With the Myth world generated as a Total War style campaign map?

Thanks,
    Mad Max