Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Some excellent movies, I really like how you've included the sounds as well.

Thanks KillerBee, Tyler and Eothese.

Some of those sounds ar post-added/edited..but I'd like to change a lot of ingame sounds...once I finish the work with animations..( Not too much time for modding....again..)

Hi guys,

I've made some experience with the Soulles unit.. I had this idea for the soulles "soul-effect" since I started the mod, I wanted to attach a purple fire-like particle to its body, cause that would be the decent visual effect for it. Unfortunately that's not possible..and the thing you'll see is also just an experiment which I won't be able to use in the final release.. (Shame, cause I think it's pretty good..)

Please watch in HD.

I used the Torch as default..attached it to the abs bone (small tweak in offset)..made its color purple-ish..and I made a custom death anim for it..also the blood-clouds are also re-colored...
    I think the whole stuff should look like this BUT..I've modified the "torch" and the color of the default Blood-cloud soo, that means every unit(who carries torches) has a big purple torch in the hand and every blood cloud ingame is purple... Also, it works only at night and sunset battles...

I can't make it separated from the others..the engine applies this to every unit.. Anyway..it was good for experimenting stuff..I can still use the custom death anims though, but that's all....

(Do you guy think with a help of a very experimented programmer I could achieve this? Or probably that would be against a certain law....again...)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Well, that's an ingenious way of implementing the soul effect, but I don't know how one would/could make blood/torches different colors.

What about this?

This depiction is a rare one. Looks like a translucent purple skin layer covering the bones.
    So:
    Is it possible to give a degree of transparency (say 45%) to the outer layer? (and thus, leaving the inner layer of the mesh -the skeleton- visible beneath it)

And- Since it's not possible with the torches effect during daylight- then what about using the "man-burning-in-flames" effect from being shot with flaming arrows?
    (I think it could work, as long as it doesn't affect also the burnt bodies from dwarven molotovs)

Of course, i have no idea if any of these are possible- I'm just brainstorming here in order to give you some alternative ideas.

Bye.
    Last edited by X4VI3R; July 03, 2011 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X4VI3R View Post
    What about this?
    This depiction is a rare one. Looks like a translucent purple skin layer covering the bones.
    So:
    Is it possible to give a degree of transparency (say 45%) to the outer layer? (and thus, leaving the inner layer of the mesh -the skeleton- visible beneath it)

And- Since it's not possible with the torches effect during daylight- then what about using the "man-burning-in-flames" effect from being shot with flaming arrows?
    (I think it could work, as long as it doesn't affect also the burnt bodies from dwarven molotovs)

Of course, i have no idea if any of these are possible- I'm just brainstorming here in order to give you some alternative ideas.

Bye.
    Hi X4VI3R,

The idea is cool but unfortunately the semi transparent alpha is not possible in M2TW. (Although I still can not uderstand why ..casue it was in Rome TW.).
    I've ran already these circles with the alpha/burning man/attach particle...etc..none of them is possible.. That's why I made the soulles look like on the OP image of the thread.)

I'll answer to your PM soon as well. But I must mention that those sounds and soundtracks you've sent me are absolutely amazing!!! Thanks a lot!!!I think it's safe to say that you are officialy a Team Member of Myth TFL total war!
    Don't worry, I understand that you can't be around as much...me neither.

I have just completed myth 2 soulblighter about 1 hour ago so it was kinda funny to se a mod here for myth. In the future will there be factions for the watcher and the deciver??
    GL and HF, and I hope there will be a scenaria for siege of madrigal and other.
    Last edited by Lone rider; July 04, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire

In the future will there be factions for the watcher and the deciver??
    These Fallens are already in the mod as spearated factions... So the total number of playable factions is 6.
    Alliance
    Balor's forces
    Soulblighter's forces
    Shiver's forces
    The Deceiver's forces
    The Watcher's forces

Scenario/Campaign comes later...I'm still working on animations. Here are two pictures about a Dwarf-baked Soulles....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By briariuss at 2011-07-04

By briariuss at 2011-07-04

Briarius your work is great as always!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Briarius your work is great as always!
    Thx Tyler. The soulles will have these "falling apart" type death animations, except for their victim animations cause those are shared, between units. I have lot of animation work left for other units..Trow kicks, Forest giant slashes..etc..The problem is when you change one base type animation like the : Stand_A_idle.cas for example.then you'r gonna have to change at least 30 more related anims, at least to get the smooth connectios..
    I'm gonna have to make compromises, otherwise I wouldn't finish this ever .

On torches, you can disable them for every other unit in the game (a lot of work). You could also try changing the time in descr_daytypes to 0 for all battles (same as night), this might trigger the torch use for all battles. Not sure about the blood clouds though...

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    On torches, you can disable them for every other unit in the game (a lot of work). You could also try changing the time in descr_daytypes to 0 for all battles (same as night), this might trigger the torch use for all battles. Not sure about the blood clouds though...
    Hmm.. Interesting ideas..worth to consider them.
    I think torches are cool, I mean I like having torches for my units.. (it really fits into a dwarf hand )..
    I don't know, thanks for the tips though.

I've just ordered this book yay!

I hope it's gonna arrive soon.Probably the best resource for the mod.

I didn't know the existing of this book. I want definitly read it! Great Briarius!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I didn't know the existing of this book. I want definitly read it! Great Briarius!
    The book is a Role Playing Game system-book, based on the world of Bungie's Myth The Fallen lords universe. I'm really curios what kind of content the book has.... It will definetely help at unit and character descriptions, campaign/events etc...

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

That's what I call dedication to the cause Briarius! Nice find for that book as it's not an easy find - and it couldn't have been cheap either!

Keep up the fantastic work!
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

I ordered GURPS Myth too! It has a lot of good information, and some bad too :S Especially to contemplation about the two fallen that aren't named etc. But it really sheds good light to the races and units and the lands of myth. Hope you enjoy it =) I found mine with something like 20 dollars. Let me know if you still need any help with the mod, primarily about canon or the world or so =)

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

The GURPS books are excellent for this sort of thing...there was one I found of my FAVOURITE novels from when I was little...was stunned to see it.

Hope things continue to go well Bri!

i was wondering if there was a homepage for this mod, or if there was a place to download the beta

Hi juri,

Sorry, still no beta, and no external site. Bloody slow process with the animations...awful.. this the part which I believe the slowest of all..in terms of modding. I'd like to use plenty of modified animations. and making them takes a lot of time...

unique set for :
    Standard Bearer: done (1 known bug waits to be fixed.)
    Thralls: done
    Ghols: done
    Soulles: done
    ForestGiants/Trow: almost done

I need to make custom anims for the Fetch too and then, part of sounds,,after all comes the Beta..

Cheers

B

(And I didn't even put the Shades in the mod yet. )

Edit:. Oh sorry Squeaks.. Thanks, things go well. Hopefully for you too.. Good luck !
    Last edited by Briarius; July 10, 2011 at 04:15 AM.