Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

Credits at bottom of the picture!

TEAM:
    Briarius: teamleader
    X4VI3R: Lore, researching, sounds, music
    GodzFire: Lore, researching, sounds, good advices.

PROLOGUE

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"It can't be hopeless."

Two nights ago half a dozen men and I crouched around a campfire, trying to stay warm, and one of them said those words. He'd joined the Legion only three weeks earlier, and started talking to himself after a Ghôl's cleaver removed three fingers from his left hand. He squatted there in the dirt, repeating that sentence. If he was looking for reassurance or sympathy, he came up empty-handed, for no one else said a word. Tonight I sit by a campfire fifty miles northwest, remembering the way he screamed this morning when four thrall surrounded him, knocked the sword from his good hand, and hacked him to pieces.

I never got his name.

The war in the North is in its seventh year, and I grow tired of writing this record. Force of habit counts for something, but I've written of so many half-hearted assaults, so many retreats - why do I go on? Writing down every detail I could remember - the names of dead men and burning cities and the feeling of heat at our backs as we ran away, again - used to help me sleep at night. Now it's just something to do between fighting and sleeping. Sometimes the sense of futility is overwhelming.

Now that most of this blackened continent belongs to the Fallen Lords and their servants, it's easy to become discouraged. Sometimes I feel that holding on for seven years means nothing, that chronicling this slow death of a world and its people means even less. Our efforts seem to make no difference, and I wonder why I ever thought joining up with the Legion was a good idea. My grandfather always told me I had a bad head. Sometimes he would strike it for emphasis. In the last month I have dreamt of my grandfather repeatedly, for reasons I do not understand. I loathed him as a child.
    When I was younger my sisters and I spent summers on his farm, performing the menial labor that any sane adult fobs off on children. I remember dreading the summer and the bitter old man it brought, lugging his pumpkins a full mile from the field to his slapdash barn, running in terror from his malnourished animals. I hated it then, though it seems almost idyllic when compared with this summer. Perhaps that's why I dream of it.
    The only relief we had during those summers were the nights when the old man got drunk. He was a sorry drunk; a single bottle rendered him immobile for the evening, and his words ran together like rainwater dripping down the rope that holds a hanged man aloft. Sometimes the liquor ate a hole into the living parts of his mind, and he would forego his usual giggling stupor and tell us stories that had been told to him while he was young: about one named Connacht who delivered the world from darkness.

The way the stories had it, Connacht came out of the east right around the same time that a comet took up residence in the Western skies. At the time the world lived in the long shadow of the Myrkridia - a race of flesh-eaters too horrible to describe to children, or so my grandfather said. I have heard other stories of them since, and it seems that no two people can paint the same picture of what the Myrkridia were or how they were able to keep the land stricken with fear for hundreds of years. I'd dismiss them as a complete fantasy were it not for the conviction - and the fear - in my grandfather's bleary eyes when he spoke of them. Connacht was the first human in a thousand years to survive a battle with the Myrkridia...and he didn't just survive, he prevailed. He hunted them down and imprisoned them in an artifact called the Tain, a prison without walls which the smiths of Muirthemne had forged for him.

When the Myrkridia disappeared, Connacht ascended to the Emperor's throne and presided over what is now known as the Age of Light. His story fades away at this point. Some say he died, or was assassinated or kidnapped. Others say he left Muirthemne in search of some powerful artifact. Supposedly the immense power of items like the Tain both fascinated and terrified him, and he is known to have sought out objects of similar power - the five Eblis Stones, Tramist's Mirror, the Total Codex. He destroyed the ones he could, and secreted the rest; in any case, none of them have been seen in centuries. In fact, all of this is ancient history. But Balor and the rest of the Fallen torched Muirthemne just a few years ago. And I'm reminded with a quick look over our ranks that we are not the brave Connacht's army, but a scruffy rabble in the service of The Nine. I doubt Connacht will swoop in to save us.
    Back when I joined up with the Legion there was a mad Journeyman who regaled anyone too tired to move away with his theory about the Edge of All - that line between the land and nothingness out beyond the kingdom of Gower, where Connacht arose. He claimed the world is double-sided and constantly spinning, like a coin tossed in the air, and the living and the dead are held to its surface by sorceries too powerful for humans to master. "...And so the light and the dark hold dominion successively, and the land belongs in turn to men, or to the undead." I grew as tired of his affected vocabulary as I did of his idiotic ideas, but I confess I felt a small twinge of sadness when he died. I never got his name either. For the last week the camps have been abuzz with the rumor that The Nine have got their hands on something which can change the course of the war.
    Most of us are inclined to dismiss this as nonsense, but seven years of bloody battles with the tireless and seemingly infinite armies of the undead will do that. I admit it seems ridiculous. A talisman that will keep us alive, that will somehow give us the strength to outwit and outlast Balor?
    You'd think The Nine would have used it earlier. It's just a rumor anyway, and I've learned not to put much faith in rumors.

The men of the Legion have heard too many promises that everything will get better any day now. No one wants to hear the words spoken out loud, so I keep mine to myself, and I suspect others nurture hope as well, though they may not speak of it openly. Would we carry on, fantasizing of a future beyond war, if we hadn't a chance? If this were so, we wouldn't be able to carry on. Yet here we are.

It can't be hopeless.

copyright©Bungie Software Products Corporation

Factions symbols

By briariuss at 2011-08-11

By briariuss at 2011-05-03

THE LIGHT
    Peasant Militia

By briariuss at 2011-08-20

By briariuss at 2011-08-20

Bowman

By briariuss at 2011-09-25

Warrior

By briariuss at 2011-01-21

Fir'Bolg archer

Berserk

Dwarf

Journeymen

Heron Guard

By briariuss at 2011-11-24

By briariuss at 2011-11-24
    Chosen Warriors

By briariuss at 2011-08-24

Forest Giant

By briariuss at 2010-12-16

By briariuss at 2010-12-16

THE DARK

Ghol

CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR THE FULL SIZE PREVIEW.
    By briariuss at 2011-12-03

By Briariuss at 2011-01-21

Thrall

Soulles

Myrmidon

HEROES/INDIVIDUALS

Shades

CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR THE FULL SIZE PREVIEW
    Greybark

By briariuss at 2011-09-13

By briariuss at 2011-09-13

MERCENARY/NEUTRAL

Wolves

By briariuss at 2011-08-07

Bre' Unor

By briariuss at 2011-08-27

By briariuss at 2011-08-27
    Brigands

By briariuss at 2011-10-27

By briariuss at 2011-10-27

BATTLE SCREENSHOTS

BATTLE HUD/MINIMAL

By briariuss at 2011-01-23

By briariuss at 2011-01-23

UNIT INFOS

I hope everybody who ever was a Myth-fan will recognize these units. I had the original concept drawings and the game sprites, some loading screens but sometimes I had to use my imagination to create the final look of these guys.

My progress so far.

-Reworked Main menu
    -Game limited to two faction, the Alliance and the Forces of the Dark(Fallen lords)
    -All menu and battle musics changed to MythTFL soundtrack
    -All quotes changed to MythTFL flavors
    -All loading screens replaced with original Myth loading screens.
    -Units of the alliance are done.Models, textures, sprites..(normal maps still need some work)

Alliance unit roster

Warrior
    light infantry
    Berserk heavy infantry
    Fir'Bolg archer long range missile unit
    Dwarf Skirmisher/Molotov cocktail
    Journeymen heavy infantry/they were healers in the original game, I made them morale boosters with chanting ability
    Forest Giant Heavy infantry

I'm planning to implement a cavalry unit based on warrior model...with very lowered numbers, for battle map scouting. (I just can't imagine a total war mod without calvalry)

Dark Forces unit roster

Ghol light infantry
    Thrall light infantry
    Soulles skirmisher/javelin
    Myrmidon heavy infantry
    Trow heavy infantry
    Fetch
    skirmisher/custom projectile/lightning spell

don't know how to implement

Shade flying mage unit, with massive damage....
    Wight this unit was explode himself near yours... I have no idea how to mod this kind of ability

Now started to make the models of the dark side.....after that comes the real deal, modding the battle mechanics...I'd like to bring everything close to the original, where the forces of the light were always poor in numbers and the importance and using of ranged units, especially dwarves were vital.

phuh lots of work left....

I hope you like the screens..Cheers!
    Last edited by Briarius; December 05, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: preview.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: MYTH TFL total war ?

it seems nice
    +rep for effort and result

Well done!
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; July 31, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

dp, please delete
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; July 17, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Oh yeah! Myth was great, i will ever remember the previews of the pc game magazins about the physic of the game with the little movies about the molotovcocktails

awesome model!
    sure, i would love to play a Myth Mod, hope you will find a team.

I loved the dwarfs and their grenades (in german game magazin called Molotov Cocktails)
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; July 17, 2010 at 04:27 PM.

Thx!
    Dwarves were my favourite too...
    I 've already done with the dwarf model which uses a non-standard skeleton(thanks to Knighterrant, Bwian, Grumpyoldman, and all the greatest modders here in the forums)...seriously thank you guys!!!
    But it will be even harder to find the right game balance and battle mechanics with the dwarf. I'm gonna use the Naffatun's base code. But first let's have all the models from both side.
    Last edited by Briarius; July 17, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

Good idea, and quite realistic to accomplish - given that there was only few unit types in game.

Hi All,

If anyone still interested. Unfortunately I did'nt have much time to develop my mini-mod. Actually I'm still stuck at texturing.
    I just want to see some activity at my thread.

Cheers
    Last edited by Briarius; August 29, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Oh yeah! Myth was great, i will ever remember the previews of the pc game magazins about the physic of the game with the little movies about the molotovcocktails
    I too remember enjoying the demo, such a great game back then...

Awesome work, Briariuss! Awesome skills! Awesome trailer!

Wow. very nice, I wish I could model edit I like that. Anything I try to make has bumps, lumps, and is bad. ;( ( thats what I get for trying to teach myself without a tutorial )

I went through like, I think on all the tutorials which was possible.
    A tough month of learning stuff...phuh, and a lot of this:

But , hey keep up! try and try! don't give up!
    Last edited by Briarius; July 29, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

looks nice

Default Re: MYTH THE FALLEN LORDS total war/Alliance unit preview!(first post)

Update in the first post!...HUGE PICTURE!

you really have skill there...+rep

Thank you Hrobatos. It's still not "perfect" (which I was going for) but I'm satisfied with the result.

Great work - you definitely captured uniqueness and looks of Myth units.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Nice...i like the units
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Thx guys! This really feels good. If any of you have some ideas or advices especially for those problematic mage units, we could discuss about.
    Any idea to make a flying unit?

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Doesnt TATW have those?
    shum

Well, I don't know since I've never played TATW-mod, but you could be right, I'm gonna ask their modders...thx

Page 1 of 57 12345678910112651 ... LastLast