Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

man u are an artist. great work as usual

Hello, my friend. Look at my nickname! Scaripant (a shade) will be in the mod?

Wonderful work. Everything is perfect here. Everything. I am a GREAT fan of the Myth The Fallen Lords, Soublighter, Wolf Age, Chimera, and all the other expansions, and I am waiting to play this mod. Do you know when it will be finished?

Greetings from Brazil!

Cronos Impera's Avatar Foederatus

A quick idea for the campaign.
    Create a building called "homestead" which provides the only population growth and taxation for all the "alliance cities".
    Once the dark forces capture the town they can only build "devastation" building which inhibits all development, reduces population growth by 100% and taxation by 100%. This building is indestructible. Once the dark "builds" it, they automatically gain via "create-unit" script and get a huge horde of thralls and soulless. The settlement is lost at that point and only useful for its walls.

Heretics: Cowardice (maybe have the mayor of Otter Ferry as an agent).
    Balor's forces: The Papacy

You could change the atmosphere and use the "tropical" climate for the "Tain battlefield".

Great job.

PS: You can find me on marius.net.

It would be cool to have a bleak landscape with a purple-electric sky as the Tain.
    "Daca voi nu ma vreti, eu va vreu" (Alexandru Lapusneanul)

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Hello Briarius.
    Please let me introduce myself and spare me some time.
    I'm a huge MYTH series fan since 1997. Bungie's MYTH franchise marked my gaming carrier and still I'm turning back the time and thinking my greatest gaming memories.
    Unfortunately, I just saw this topic today, by pure luck and I'm still surprised and can't believe what am I seeing . I have read all the 41 pages and saw all the topics.
    Personally I never thought I could feel so much joy, since the end of MYTH II Soulblighter.
    You have done and still doing an incredible work. I'm very surprised seeing that there are still people who haven’t forget MYTH, but still it is inside their hearts. Brings me back memories from http://myth.bungie.org , when we were full of people with new articles and discussions.

I have played all MYTH series (I, II, III, plus Chimera expansion) and studied MYTH lore as best as I could. I have the Total Codex package, plus MYTH Gurps book and still all MYTH games are installed in my computer as an act of honor to MYTH Universe.
    Unfortunately I'm not a programmer or even a mod developer to be able to help you with the great task you are up to, so the only I can give you are my best wishes for your project to be done the way you have been imagine.

I agree 100% with your primary thoughts of making MYTH with TFL units first or even add some amazing units from MYTH II. I can't wait to see the complete MYTH Total War battle/campaign game!!

Also I agree again with the cavalry unit with warriors. It was mentioned @ http://myth.bungie.org that there were horses in MYTH Universe, but their numbers were few. So you are absolute right and there can exist as in limited numbers.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind:
    You have mentioned about the armies of the Dark and their Leaders (Fallen Lords). Well just keep in mind if you think that it would fit the below characters there:

- The Baron (From MYTH II) or could be in the Rebel Side
    - The Summoner of Myrkridia (From MYTH II)

Also in MYTH I & II we had a special unit of Dwarves called Pathfinders (stealth, much more accurate and faster hit). Balin was one of them.
    Moreover if you remembered, in MYTH II, Garrick was a Warrior Sergeant. Warriors Sergeants acted like Veterans (Not champions or Heroes). They hit faster and they commanded small squads.

Once again I'm very pleased knowing this great effort by you.
    Keep going mate

Best Regards.
    Last edited by Faiakas; November 07, 2011 at 07:38 AM.

Hi guys,

@X4VI3R
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Not at all. It's an amazing addition.
    btw- Do you have the unit description?
    I've got your PM. Thanks for the unit descriptions. No one could have written better! I'm soo happy with them. I'll answer your PM soon.

@DobroVece
    See ya master.
    I'll be back. I'm still taking a break, but I'll continue the mod as soon as possible.

@serkan86
    if this mod release, it s certain that the other mods ll be old fashioned
    It's just a mod form the hundreds. But I'd certainly like to make something new on total-war battlefields.

@Vice
    Awesome as always my man!
    Thanks man.I'll try to do my best.

@The Holy Pilgrim
    No words can describe how much I'm loving your work, Briarius
    Thanks for you too Pilgrim. You've been waiting quite for long time now to see the mod in action. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

@nnnm
    man u are an artist. great work as usual
    Thank you. I've actually studied art! But I wouldn't call myself artist.

@Scaripant
    Hello, my friend. Look at my nickname! Scaripant (a shade) will be in the mod?

Wonderful work. Everything is perfect here. Everything. I am a GREAT fan of the Myth The Fallen Lords, Soublighter, Wolf Age, Chimera, and all the other expansions, and I am waiting to play this mod. Do you know when it will be finished?

Greetings from Brazil!
    Hi Scaripant

I'm actually planning to add a new batch of shades, including Cormorant, Gullveig, Cailleac Bheur ,and Scaripant as well. But they'll come later not for the first release, which is hopefully will be available around Christmas.

@Cronos Impera
    A quick idea for the campaign.
    Create a building called "homestead" which provides the only population growth and taxation for all the "alliance cities".
    Once the dark forces capture the town they can only build "devastation" building which inhibits all development, reduces population growth by 100% and taxation by 100%. This building is indestructible. Once the dark "builds" it, they automatically gain via "create-unit" script and get a huge horde of thralls and soulless. The settlement is lost at that point and only useful for its walls.

Heretics: Cowardice (maybe have the mayor of Otter Ferry as an agent).
    Balor's forces: The Papacy

You could change the atmosphere and use the "tropical" climate for the "Tain battlefield".

Great job.

PS: You can find me on marius.net.

It would be cool to have a bleak landscape with a purple-electric sky as the Tain.
    Sounds like a great idea. ( Soo much I don't know about scripting and campaign possibilities. ) Fortunately I had helpful offers from experienced scripters, so hopefully we'll have some awesome campaign map stuff.

We'll see how could the Tain be implemented.

@Faiakas

Hi, I'm glad you like the mod so far. Yes Myth is still in the memories and in the hearts of many people. And I feel very lucky that I can be one of them. I know the game from 1997 too, I was pretty young when I played it but it seem it took quite a big impression on me.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind:
    You have mentioned about the armies of the Dark and their Leaders (Fallen Lords). Well just keep in mind if you think that it would fit the below characters there:

- The Baron (From MYTH II) or could be in the Rebel Side
    - The Summoner of Myrkridia (From MYTH II)

Also in MYTH I & II we had a special unit of Dwarves called Pathfinders (stealth, much more accurate and faster hit). Balin was one of them.
    Moreover if you remembered, in MYTH II, Garrick was a Warrior Sergeant. Warriors Sergeants acted like Veterans (Not champions or Heroes). They hit faster and they commanded small squads.
    The Baron and the summoner will be surely in the campaign.
    So as the dwarven pathfinders.(I'm not sure their special ability can be done, though! ) Probably "hide anywhere" will do the closest to invisibility.

I'll also add some of the notable individuals among warriors, such as Mauriac from the first game or Garrick from MythIISoulblighter.

I'll update the thread as soon as I made progress.( By the way, the mod runs under Kingdoms finally. I'm still spending my holiday, but I'll be back.

Cheers

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    @The Holy Pilgrim
    Thanks for you too Pilgrim. You've been waiting quite for long time now to see the mod in action. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.
    Take all the time you need, my friend.

I understand how long it takes to "finish" a mod.

Seeing how amazing your work is, any wait will be worth it.

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Briarius View Post
    Hi guys,

@X4VI3R
    I've got your PM. Thanks for the unit descriptions. No one could have written better! I'm soo happy with them. I'll answer your PM soon.

@DobroVece
    I'll be back. I'm still taking a break, but I'll continue the mod as soon as possible.

@serkan86
    It's just a mod form the hundreds. But I'd certainly like to make something new on total-war battlefields.

@Vice
    Thanks man.I'll try to do my best.

@The Holy Pilgrim

@nnnm
    Thank you. I've actually studied art! But I wouldn't call myself artist.

@Scaripant
    Hi Scaripant

I'm actually planning to add a new batch of shades, including Cormorant, Gullveig, Cailleac Bheur ,and Scaripant as well. But they'll come later not for the first release, which is hopefully will be available around Christmas.

@Cronos Impera
    Sounds like a great idea. ( Soo much I don't know about scripting and campaign possibilities. ) Fortunately I had helpful offers from experienced scripters, so hopefully we'll have some awesome campaign map stuff.

We'll see how could the Tain be implemented.

@Faiakas

Hi, I'm glad you like the mod so far. Yes Myth is still in the memories and in the hearts of many people. And I feel very lucky that I can be one of them. I know the game from 1997 too, I was pretty young when I played it but it seem it took quite a big impression on me.

The Baron and the summoner will be surely in the campaign.
    So as the dwarven pathfinders.(I'm not sure their special ability can be done, though! ) Probably "hide anywhere" will do the closest to invisibility.

I'll also add some of the notable individuals among warriors, such as Mauriac from the first game or Garrick from MythIISoulblighter.

I'll update the thread as soon as I made progress.( By the way, the mod runs under Kingdoms finally. I'm still spending my holiday, but I'll be back.

Cheers

Amazing !!
    Cheers

Cronos Impera's Avatar Foederatus

Just another idea.
    Make the Deceiver's Scepter a diplomat and use it for bribery missions. That is the best way to have a Bragada in-game.
    As for the "bewitched" units, the distinction between them and the rest will be in the eyes (Alliance to have normal eyes, Bewitched to have "demonic" eyes). Problem is the scepter will move away from the deceiver.
    Also, you could have as further faction
    Pirates from Leix (I imagine warriors with eye patches,rusty armor and a skull on the shield for diversity + Brigands which are ready available).

The Head idea (use the "Heretic" character).
    "Daca voi nu ma vreti, eu va vreu" (Alexandru Lapusneanul)

Hi Cronos Impera,

Make the Deceiver's Scepter a diplomat and use it for bribery missions. That is the best way to have a Bragada in-game.
    I'm not sure about how to make this, but nice idea thanks.
    As for the "bewitched" units, the distinction between them and the rest will be in the eyes (Alliance to have normal eyes, Bewitched to have "demonic" eyes). Problem is the scepter will move away from the deceiver.
    Yes, that's exactly how it's gonna work.
    Also, you could have as further faction
    Pirates from Leix (I imagine warriors with eye patches,rusty armor and a skull on the shield for diversity + Brigands which are ready available).
    I don't think I'll separate them as a faction, but there will be pirates/rebels around Leix and playing as one of the dark faction you can have the Pirates of Leix as mercenary.
    The Head idea (use the "Heretic" character).
    Another campaign stuff, which I'm still not that familiar with.
    Thank you for the suggestions, I have a list with full of nice ideas and suggestions. These are going to go to this list. Some of them definitely worth to consider.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Short report: Not too much happened during the last 2 weeks.

• I've finally made a dispersal spell for the shades. Its code is based on Kingdom's superbananana-bomb, and its effect is quite deadly.
    • Also added some custom-maps.(not real custom maps just regular maps generated by the engine). But at least the mod has different maps then the usual M2TW maps. Each one named after geographical places of Myth-universe.

Hi,

It's time for a full Fetch preview!

FETCH

The Fetch were some of Balor's most deadly followers during the Great War.
    The Fetch are actually not native to the Myth world and are actually alien preistesses from another planet, summoned by Balor to fight in his name. The Fetch in thier dealings are known to be arrogant and somewhat full of themselves as they actually wear the skins of those that they kill as a sort of trophy, masking thier true forms. what they look like underneath the skins is not known as they leave the world like ghost soaring to the heavens upon death, leaving only the rotting skin behind.
    The Fetch can cast lightning bolts from their clawed hands that can devestate whole ranks of troops, rendering them into smoking charred husks. These lighting bolts can also deflect incoming arrows and detonate unexploded explosives. This is something that the Fetch are proud of.
    They served Balor with great skill during the Great War, leading his undead hordes and causing destruction whever they go to the forces of Light. With Balor's defeat and subsequent destruction, they found themselves stranded in a world that they despised. They followed Soulblighter in the second war in the hopes that he would honour Balor's pledge to send them home.
    But with Soulblighter's death at the hands of Alric, like Balor before him, the Fetch currently left in the world currently have no means of returning to their homeworld.

source: http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fetch

Here are the skirts-color variants by factions.

Balor's variant

By briariuss at 2011-11-17

Shiver's variant

Soulblighter's variant

By Briariuss at 2011-11-17

The Deceiver's variant

The Watcher's variant

Battle screenshot closeups

It's lightning attack is still under development, cause I'm not very statisfied with the present effect. Anyway, I hope you'll like the screens. It took quite some time foe me to paint their normal maps.

Last edited by Briarius; November 19, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I love 'em!

If you think the current lightning effect is bad, I wonder what in the world will be good.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Great stuff once more, lightning effect seems cool too.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; November 18, 2011 at 07:42 AM.

Thank you guys.

About the lightning effect. That screenshot is a lucky one, I like that too. But the actual effect is not that nice. Messing around with projectiles is a lot of fun though! There are plenty of possibilites to mix up some nice effect. Especially since I've moved the mod to kingdoms, grapeshot, greek fire, and all new Crusades projectiles gave a lot more materials to work with.
    I'm sure I'll come up with something which I like too.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Great job, I never played Myth but it all looks great - better than CA models.

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

Looks very good. Well done mate

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! They also have a custom animation right?

Thanks Vladyvid and Faiakas.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Cool! They also have a custom animation right?
    Well, yes..they do. But unfortunately their death effect seemed to be impossible to make, so their only custom animation is the lightning-casting movement. They die with the original M2TW dying sequences.

I've done already a lot of different type of anim sets, standar-bearer, two-weapon attacks, thrall anim set, forest giant/trow attacks, walking, shade full levitating set, wolves custom skeleton/anim set, etc..and still I will have to make even more..

Great job mate!
    Really abelivable!!! +rep

I can almost feel that thunder strike.
    Their skin maps and variations are 100% accurate and (by far) much improved.
    Speaking about accuracies, and concerning the lightning effect: will they be able to actually miss a shot?

is this mod inspired from a book?