Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240130_125007.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	369847
I have an unique mod idea, that takes place close to 10000 years in the future. Now hear me out before you roll your eyes. In the not too distant future a series of cataclysms, man-made and natural wiped out our civilization. Only the most resourceful,and ruthless among us survived. This mod is about the civilization that rose from the proverbial and literal ashes. One of the natural disasters was a dramatic pole shift. I am attaching a pic of the hand drawn rough draft showing the coastlines and major rivers (I pencil in ideas and erase them if I dont like them).
What am I looking at?
This map shows what was our north pole; now it makes sense. This is the part of the world I will be focusing on. I am new to any visual modding, but found a great step by step guide to make a map from scratch. I am about 50% done, but that 50% has taken a year.
I wanted to wait until I completed a few visuals before I posted this WIP, but I found a newfound burst of modding energy and realize this project may be easier with some help from experienced modders.
I have started designing factions, and the units they can recruit. I am only on the concept art and writing phase. So you know where I am going with this project I will give you an answer.
Ketukyana Royal Kataphract Guard
-Heavy Shock Cavalry/Beyond Elite/Bodyguard Unit
-Equipment: Heavy Lance with Bodkin Tip/One-Hand Cavalry Mace/Black composite rubber armour studed with silver ingots *For rider and mount*
-Three officers (Umpata[Signal Horn], Lagem[Banner Carrier], Copem[Captain])
These handpicked men are the best cavalrymen in the known world. They are selected from Ketukyana's best cavalry formations, and put through a brutal year long training. These men are picked for aggression, intelligence, and horsemenship. Upon completeing their training, the trooper will be assigned to a general, governor, or even the king's personal guard. These men are not allow to take a wife, however chasity is not a requirement and many troopers have girlfriends and more than a few have children. This is a 24/7 position, and the trooper will be assigned a small apartment located near or in the general's private residence. Most troopers start in the late 20s or early 30s, and must retire their position upon reaching 55 years old, too make room for younger, more energetic men. Upon retirement they receive a pension and land grants. Discipline is surprising not as strict as the regular army. They often refer to each other by nicknames and birth names (the regular army refer to the trooper's family name). Even the king's guard has the privelge of not formally addressing the king.

This is not the complete description, but you get the point. So, the non-english words are not just made up BS. Language evolves and I tried to take english words and put them through several centuries of being shortened, mispronounce, etc. I am sure I will change the grammer and syntax as this project moves along.
The current faction I am working on is Ketuckyana. The faction name is derived from my home state (Kentucky) and the region I live in is sometimes refered to Kentuckiana, since I am close to the Indiana border. Plus, this faction has a preference for cavalry, due to being located in what was modern day kentucky. Here is a rough draft of the faction description (not complete).
Legend says, the tribes of Ketukyana existed in a time before there was a 2nd moon. Whether this is fact or myth it doesnt matter; the 7 tribes of Ketukyana, 600 years ago changed the known world as we know it.
Unknown disasters forced the tribes to unite and migrate south sacking and pillaging all the way down to the Alata peninsula, where they settled. The tribal nobility chose a king from among the chieftains. The Brother Gods blessed the displaced people with Potus Mithe (Potus is the Ketukyana word for king). For the 30 years he reigned saw the tribes come together as one people, exchanging the hunter/gatherer lifestyle for a settled and in some cases a cosmopolitan lifestyle. The one trait that could not be exorcised was the Ketukyana pension for war and violence. Potus Mithe employed instructors from neighboring nations to instruct his warriors in civilized warfare, making them soldiers. It could be said, Discipline is their most successful weapon; many stories are told in rival nations of the Ketukyana soldier standing stoic in the face of sure death. Ketukyanans are superb horsemen, and their mounts come from professional breeders who have access to Ketukyana's secret breeding archives from the earliest days of the kingdom. Their best warhorses are called Ewbred and are from the direct line of warhorses bred over 2000 years ago. Unlike, many in the known world, Ketukyanans do not worship the Brother Gods, they have no gods. However, they are a spiritual people and believe in reincarnation making them fearless in battle. The strange part of their godless religion is what they call the Eaker, which is a process to break the reincarnation cycle so their soul is free to explore the stars and commune with the great lady.
Their military is not orginal is the respect that they adopt the best weapons, armour, logistics, and stratagies from enemy and allied nations. A general famailar with the arms and armour of other nations will see all nations represented in the average Ketukyana soldiers equipment.

There is a lot more, that is just a brief description.

World As a Whole

Rubber Armour, and Steam Ships
Ok, this where things get odd. Our civilzation went down a technological path where we could manipulate steel and electricity. This civilization's path involved manipulating rubber and steam as we do with steel and electricity. However, they are still a equivalent to our early renaissance with no gunpowder. The populations are booming and total war is on the horizon.
Yeah rubber trees cant grow in temperate climates, but this fiction with a realistic bend in it. There is no reason the rubber trees have a genetic shift to tolerate colder climates and domestication. I dont know if rubber armour would be effective, but we cant look at it like that, civilization probably has techniques that we didnt have make it effective. Somebody equivalent to a blacksmith may know manufactoring techniques that would make it effective. Metal definitely exist as do blacksmiths. Weapons, tools, etc. Blacksmithing never went away in the timeline. They just use rubber products more than we do. This civilization has just started appling steam to manufactoring and ships. Who knows what wonders could come from an equally advanced cultured using different mediums for energy and protection. Plus, there will be lots of color. The rubber armour and equipment are painted for a vareity of reasons. Most nations use painted armour for unit recognition and just too look cool.
*I am starting to design arms & armour, but it is difficult changing my way of thinking in respect how a future medieval style culture would design these things; its fun however.

Another idea I throwing around is a justice tradition of taking the worst criminals and chaining them on a cheap horse every horse link together and forced to charge a position. This would be a one shot deal. I envision a high attack and charge, but extremely low defense and no armour or shield. I wonder if the berserk feature could make this happen? That bring up another point. I dont know if M2TW would be a better engine than RTW. I wanted to use RTWR, but my laptop doesnt have a high speed graphics card. I really like the freedom of most hard coded limits lifted.
So this is just a small sample of my "dream" mod. I do have a complete vision of how I want to go. Let me know your thoughts, good idea, bad idea. Maybe something you would like to help with, feel free to contact me, I will try to be more diligent logging in TWCenter when I visit the forums. I am not a modder, but I am slowly learning.

One more thing, the Brother Gods are the majority religion, and is based in their direct ancestors interpretation of Mount Rushmore, our only suriving proof our civilization existed.