Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About Mongol

Default Re: About Mongol

The militias? Yeah, I reckon they're one of the better spearmen around, especially considering they're militias.

@ Merocaine - are you using the latest 'final beta' version? Because in that version PB has uploaded a Mongol minimod that increases their purse substantially for a considerable while. It sounds like your campaign has something like this already occurring but I thought the submod PB incorporated didn't have it drop until turn 30 or something...
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Its dependent on how many settlements they have.

Yeah I think so, wait no maybe not, actually I'm not sure, the new peasants card is still called Replacement text card, was that fixed in the latest beta?

Anyway, maybe the purse should be dependent on income from taxes or something, as most of the provinces that the Mongols can grab are very low income you have to sack/exterminate due to unrest, or else you have to leave huge garrisons to hold them down.

Basically your saddled with a vast impoverished empire, even with huge military cuts your in debt up to your eye balls. Once you are in debt it means you can't build new religious buildings in newly conquered settlements, which in turn means bigger and bigger garrisons that you cant afford, and consequently more debt.

I'm getting to that stage now, its Baghdad or bust for me, once I get that I'll be able to start trading with the crusaders and Fatimids. I have most of the caspian sea now, just two settlements to go, that should help my internal trade.

OK so looks like the King's purse needs to stay higher, or reduce more gradually depending on settlement numbers.

I think the king purse is fine in the APRIL 11 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by chrono672 View Post
    I think the king purse is fine in the APRIL 11 patch.
    In APR11 and earlier, the mongol and timurid King's Purses were too low, and resulted in an almost unrecoverable debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    In APR11 and earlier, the mongol and timurid King's Purses were too low, and resulted in an almost unrecoverable debt.
    Heh heh, reminds me of my Mongol campaign with that patch. Around turn 35 I was roughly negative five hundred thousand florins in debt although still had a good 8 or 9 untouched stacks marching at the head of my lines. Those red numbers haunted me continuously though, forcing me to quit. Anything that at least allows the Mongols to stabilize after the initial invasion would be nice.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12