Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New World Order [ALPHA CAMPAIGN RELEASED]

Default The New World Order [ALPHA CAMPAIGN RELEASED]

BETA

Start position, and campaign, pre-beta, nothing specal, just say if it works and give Flavius Rep =D

If you need help installing, Message Flavius Etius or I.

So also, tell me what you think about this, as you might know the Nazis in WW2 were very advanced they made Die Glocke [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Glocke ] Which was either a time machine in production, or what it was called in WW2, a Foo Fighter. I was thinking, we could Incorporate it into N:TW As a UFO, menacing allied Supply Planes around the Antarctic, as they were supposedly used for.

Another Nazi Super weapon was The LandKreuzer P. 100 Ratte, A giant super heavy tank, that was canceled by Albert Speer. Its main weakness was bombing, it was very large and made a very large target. This Goliath was armed with 2x 280mm 54.5 SK C/34 Guns, 2x 128 KwK44, 8x 20mm Flak38, and 2 15mm MG 151. The presence of this behemoth would made the difference of at least a hundred tanks at the battlefield.

Please Tell Me If I Should Incorporate Them, I think Messing Around With these Would Be VERY Fun!

THE NEW WORLD ORDER

The Great War has been over for nearly 20 years, but Adolf Hitler, Germany's Self Proclaimed "Fuhrer", and Benito Mussolini, Italy's dictator plan to end that peace with a Second World War. Lead one of the Axis powers, or Allied powers through France to Stalingrad, in one of the most catastrophic wars in human history.

HISTORIC BATTLES

The finished product will include a good deal of historic battles, such as The Sinking of the Bismark, [POSSIBLY] The Battle of Britian, Stalingrad, Leningrad, The Battle of Kursk, and the Battle of Berlin. Each battle with a unique strategy.

TECHNOLOGY

Technology was a vital part of World War 2, these technologies would include Advanced Motors [Allowing advanced tanks, and MAYBE Aircraft], SMGs [Creating Assualt Squads], Nuclear Reactions [Creating the Nuclear bomb.], and many more.

FACTIONS

I understand that in Napoleon: Total War there is no America, so if you excuse my Unhistoric action right now, Ireland for now will have to be the United States. If Mod Tools come out, I will fix this.

JOIN THE CREW!

Helping me with this would be much appretiated, Here are the jobs you could take:

3D Modeler [MUCH NEEDED]
    Artwork
    Skins [MUCH NEEDED]
    Historian
    Scripter
    Weapon Expert

HERES HOW!

When you reply, if your interested just fill this out!

Name:
    Email:
    Job:
    Experiance:

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Consul Napoleon Bonaparte; August 22, 2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Updates

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: The New World Order

You realise there is already a WWII mod started?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=369544

Also haver you actually done anything yet?

Yeah, you should probably talk to the other guy before starting a new mod in the exact same setting.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Yes I have realized it, but he doesnt seem to be getting anywhere, and I havent been able to reach him yet, Im going to PM him later and see if we can do a partnership.

Yes, it was kind of a stab in the back to do a mod that someone else is already doing...

But on topic, if you need a hand with UI work or textures, every now and then, I'm willing to help. Just PM me. I think you know my credentials
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I'm sorry, but even World War I can't be portrayed realisticly yet. So I'm afraid this mod will die.

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod WILL die.

Both of you Gentlemen, are WRONG. Why the negativity?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

go ahead with your project and give it a go,and the best of luck to you.I am not really sure why people are so bent on discouraging others around here lately...even if this mod does die it is no loss to them,so to encourage your efforts will hurt nothing

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
    Just Ignore haters!

Well your only option is to try and go for a 'fun' and 'for lolz' type of mod because there is no way to make this realistic. I wish you best of luck but I still doubt you or anyone can pull this off.

AND the gameplay doesnt fit the engine. (but thats not a MAJOR point)

AND you cant get realistic soldiers or units until the Model converter is out,. and that will take a while!

Lastly, Alot of mods never release or never even release becaus the people who make them are aiming way to high!
    Last edited by Petrov; July 18, 2010 at 05:25 AM.

The modeling is going to start when I find a modeler. If you mean by gameplay style, as in Guerrilla warfare - Marshal Beale has come up with a basic unit is a skirmisher unit with ten men, and later Ill edit weapons

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I'm sorry, but even World War I can't be portrayed realisticly yet. So I'm afraid this mod will die.
    Seriously? I thought that gw mod was coming along quite well but obviously we are not up to your standards . To all who are saying this mod will die, please just stop posting in this thread, there is no point in discouraging innovation and experimentation.

On the other hand, I think that it would be better to have platoon size units instead of squads. It would fit much better with the game, and a standard size could be 48, so that if you turn down the unit sizes to to the smallest setting you would still have squad size units.
    Last edited by King Sama; July 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

GOOOOD luck
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

My point is, without mod tools, a mod of this sort trying to depict this sort of warfare is next to impossible.

We can't...
    • Model new guns and weapons
    • Model new uniforms
    • Add new animations
    • Program fully automatic weapons
    • Improve the cover system
    • Integrate inner squad communication
    • Add vehicles like tanks, jeeps and planes etc.
    All of those are essential for a World War II mod.

About World War I, it is going good, but from last time I checkd, we still have gunpowder artillery models, no MG's and there aren't any field uniforms.
    CA, due to no mod tools, has bound the engine to the period of 1700 to 1865.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 21, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    My point is, without mod tools, a mod of this sort trying to depict this sort of warfare is next to impossible.

We can't...
    • Model new guns and weapons
    • Model new uniforms
    • Add new animations
    • Program fully automatic weapons
    • Improve the cover system
    • Integrate inner squad communication
    • Add vehicles like tanks, jeeps and planes etc.
    All of those are essential for a World War II mod.

About World War I, it is going good, but from last time I checkd, we still have gunpowder artillery models, no MG's and there aren't any field uniforms.
    CA, due to no mod tools, has bound the engine to the period of 1700 to 1865.
    -not yet possible, you are right
    -possible through empire or mixing up the different parts
    -true, but they can be rearranged or switched
    -they can be simulated quite well (SMG's are done for GW mod)
    -well there is a basic cover system ingame
    -i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, units can be made to squad size
    -well jeeps can be simulated by movement points, and tanks are theoretically possible without a new model converter

As for the GW mod, we do have MGs in the next update (with a puckle gun model though)

But the important part is not the asthetics, but the gameplay. I'm not saying its easy, but it is not impossible, and if you can't get past your pessimism or your doubts, then at least try not to discourage someone from at least attempting a WW2 mod.

Take a look here: http://www.orderofwar.com/

No, its not my mod, they stole their name after my mod.

But in fact, this game in my opinions is a pretty good RTS WWII game, maybe you could get some ideas, if you can get your hands on it that is.
    I have it, and its the best RTS WW2 game around. Big beautiful battlefields, and great historically accurate models and textures. Its really good, and it may give you some ideas!

So I suggest if you can get your hands on it, get it!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Take a look here: http://www.orderofwar.com/

No, its not my mod, they stole their name after my mod.

But in fact, this game in my opinions is a pretty good RTS WWII game, maybe you could get some ideas, if you can get your hands on it that is.
    I have it, and its the best RTS WW2 game around. Big beautiful battlefields, and great historically accurate models and textures. Its really good, and it may give you some ideas!

So I suggest if you can get your hands on it, get it!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

BEST WWII RTS?!?!?!?!? I feel like throwing so many damned insluts at you, bu8t I have already gotten warnings!!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? Ever played MOW or COH or Even theatre of war!?!??!?!?!?!?! all of them are BETTER then this PEICE OF !!!!

why ''or even theatre of war'', to my knowledge theatre of war is one of the most realistic ww2 games out there.

1. WWII is impossible with Napoleon. Plus, you have no clue how much work this will take. You don't give us any examples, you apparently don't have modding experience, yet you say you're going to include so many great features.

2. Another WWII mod is in progress. Why not join them instead of making your own?

3. The mod name is just stupid.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast