Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter Nights

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default Neverwinter Nights

If I could buy it and all the expansions for 20 euros, is it worth it? Please feel free to give your views on the game aswell, apart from the traditional "Yes"

*awaits the first guy only saying "yes"*

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    If I could buy it and all the expansions for 20 euros, is it worth it? Please feel free to give your views on the game aswell, apart from the traditional "Yes"

*awaits the first guy only saying "yes"*
    It is worth it, if you don't mind old graphics and older D&D rules...there is not as much character interaction (if I remember correctly) as in DA:O for example, but the storyline and storytelling are very interesting. It has many primary and secondary wuests and overally is still an excellent game. I have not yet played the Expansions, though I have them, so I can't comment on them.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Good good. How difficult is it compared to Dragon Age?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Good good. How difficult is it compared to Dragon Age?
    I last played it four years ago, and I was fifteen years old back then, so make of this what you wish. I found it difficult enough, since you could only have one party member. Essentially my party was my character (Human Warrior) and an Elf Cleric. There is a respawn option, which, however I advise against using, since you loose valuable XPs (as I found to my dissapointment in the last stage of the game where your character is supposed to be Lv 25 and I was Lv 14 ). Anyhow, I thought it was a fairly challenging game, compare to DA:O...but as I told you I was fifteen back then...

You're supposed to play it online, since the campaign is quite pitiful compared to DA:O.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    You're supposed to play it online, since the campaign is quite pitiful compared to DA:O.
    I liked the campaign...not sure why you didn't, but, to each his own I guess.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    Ya but I see DA:O as a successor to NWN. I would say buy it because for all it's worth if you can even compare a game that's withstood 8 years in the market with a game made only last year then you've made the point clear.

I see. I'll have to think about it.

the multiplayer is just awesome, its worth every penny
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Yes the single player campaigns are ok. But the strength of Neverwinter nights is the multiplayer element. I am a player on a persistent world server and the role player is great and its a lot of fun.

The fact that i am still playing Neverwinter nights after all this time. When other similar games would long ago be forgotten is a testament to Neverwinter nights.

And its free to play online.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

No game would be worth it more than this game to be honest.

The game can last forever when played in a persistent world online, few games can make a similar boast.

Dragon Age is a rather pathedic game in comparison since it has a pathedic toolset, far less classes, races, spells, skills, creatures, no multiplayer, hardly any armor variety, no mounted combat, and the list goes on.

The campaign of Neverwinter Nights is not that great, but who needs it when you can easily create your own campaigns or download those that others before you have made? And when playing online, the fun never stops if you find a server that you like. Persistent worlds are common, which function pretty much as a mini MMO but far superiour to any MMO because griefers can be permanently banned from the server very easily. There can also be player made guilds, housing, and entire gameworlds.

Its really foolish of Bioware that they never tried to recapture their most brilliant game.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The only reason not to buy it would be becuse of the bad graphics. I know that for some people it can be hard to play a game with graphics (we do get more and more spoiled). But if you could just give it a chance- it is probaly the most mindblowing story you have ever experienced(original story). And the expansions really build you up so that you really feel like some kind of a demi-god at the end of it.

Probaly the best game ever made, if you count in all the multiplayer.
    Last edited by Habelo; July 19, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

kinda off topic but i am having a trouble with NWN, i have the game + the 2 expansions, all original, and i have just tried to reinstall it, but, after i install all the 3 games, when i start it, after the Atari and bioware and etc video it appears a cd key check, i put the cd key and it say its wrong, even when its right, i updated the game and still the cd key check appears, later i took my brother's NWN Platinum cd and install and it works, so whats the problem with my first cd? it worked before, and now it appears that bloody key check and i cant play
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

What system are you using? And have you ever used it on another computer?

i have windows xp, and yeah i tried installing at my brother's pc and the cd key check pops up the same way

Did you check the website? And what I meant was have you installed it previous to this time on another computer i.e did you have in installed on his computer 4 months ago.

ah yep, some months ago i installed using the same cd and it worked just fine, but now it has this problem

That could be one scenario.

lol seem i was typing wrong .... trading 2 letters, heh only saw when i checked my cd key on the old bioware forum, thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast