Thread: RTW crashes when clicking "next turn"

Default RTW crashes when clicking "next turn"

AMD Sempron 2800+
    1 GB ram
    ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
    Win XP Home sp2

I installed RTW and BI a couple of days ago, and have been playing practically non-stop. I'm just starting to get in the groove, and my game was going well. Until just now... I ordered all my units to do their stuff, clicked "next turn" and... wham, back to desktop. I started the game with the "show_err" flag, but it didn't do anything. Then I uninstalled the games, deleted the Activision folder, ran CleanUp and ran a regcleaner. After reinstalling, tried the "next turn", but still no go. What's wrong? My savegame can be downloaded here, maybe it'll help.

Thanks

its your savegame im pretty sure it messed up

I have the same problem. crashing on end turn.My prob started with the realism mod and 1.2. I just realized i didnt remove the saved games.
    ahh,i see theres a 1.3 patch as well.I wonder if realism will work with 1.3? ..hmmm

Default Re: RTW crashes when clicking "next turn"

Could it be that in the first time it crashed you ran out of years to win the campaign? it happened to me once in the past and temporarily 'blocked' other save games (in those i still got years to win them). Eventually, other saves worked again, the one i missed on time did not.

There are a lot of bugs that crash on certain years while ending turns.

I've kind of noticed something that may be a legit fix or not, as the issues that the game seems to have are REAL random, they'll occur at one point in one game, or at another point in another...anyhow, I have gold edition and I've been having the same problem with regular crashes. My hard drive is all funked up for some reason and I had to reformat it, so when I reinstalled Rome, I did so without installing BI. I'm playing through as of right now without ONE SINGLE CRASH!! And I'm all the way at like 18 or 19 AD, so it's been going on a while. Don't know if that's a fix, but it could be and it is interesting to note that there is a warning somewhere that tells you that if you uninstall BI you won't be able to play Rome because of the changes BI makes to Rome. Maybe those changes are the source of the trouble? I dunno. Haven't even tried BI yet, not gonna till I own the world. Give it a shot, it's worth a try. Only thing that's worked for me, and it was totally unintentional.

If they are random crashes then it's an overheating problem: you have 1 Gig, It's suggested to have 1.5 gigs.

I have had this problem in the past usually it fixes itself with a reload. The funny thing is I came on today to post a topic about this because it happened recently with my Macedonia save. I just installed the mundus magnas extended map off of this site. All is going well with my other games but my macedonia one stopped at 255 BC.

Unfortunately from what I can see there is no fix so I guess i'll have to deal with it.

Roman Clone If they are random crashes then it's an overheating problem: you have 1 Gig, It's suggested to have 1.5 gigs.
    Now answer a question for me please. Where exactly does it say it is suggested to have 1.5 gigs because i don't see it anywhere. Also never in all my years of PC gaming has a game crashed beacuse of me having less than the recommended amount of ram in those cases I didn't have enough the game wouldn't start period or just wouldn't install. So him having 1 gig is not the issue.

Anyway hopefully someone can find a fix because this is really aggrivating.