Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jade Empire

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Jade Empire

Minister Sheng was great, I do miss Bioware's great sense of humor these days, they never showed it more than in Jade Empire.

I really liked the farmer looking for his flower of the field too, and often the banter between thugs you get to fight.

Not to mention the ever-drunk Three Sheets Dutong - also a classical scene imo.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

You're bringing up funny characters and you guys haven't mentioned this?!?!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

He was funny yes.

I also really liked the salesman thats trying to sell you brooms, baskets and such.

von fontlebottom? lawls

I just don't understand how you can play any Bioware game, never mind Jade Empire which I personally feel is the pinnacle of story telling, for the combat ?!?
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Kurdawar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    I just don't understand how you can play any Bioware game, never mind Jade Empire which I personally feel is the pinnacle of story telling, for the combat ?!?
    To be Fair, combat in Jade Empire was cool, and had a different angel to it. But Mass Effect 2 combat was really good.
    - Hewlęr, Stockholm, Norrland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzZ9G85mrnM Tara Caff - Yaran, enjoy (pĺminner lite om Samemusik).

I'm very picky when it comes to story and voice acting. Attention deficient disorder kicks in quick when I hear cheesy accents cliche drama.

The combat was talked up a bit and so I tried it. The reason why I liked it a lot was that I could play many battles without carpal tunnel setting in the wrist.

heh well aside from mass effect 2 I would say Bioware is terrible at combat, its their weakness in my eyes. Great storytellers and good with immersion, but combat.. nah its not their thing.

Jade Empire was nice to fight with, but I felt the styles had too few moves. One or two extra moves for each style could have made it feel more like being a master of a style or at least having more various animations for it. Using so few repetitive moves does not really make it appear like you mastered the style.

Usually they have a turn based system, which is very boring to me and not even worth mentioning. But again, its not their strenght.

The real problem is Mount&Blade doesn't even have anything close as far as martial hand to hand goes.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

played it some time ago
    Unfortunately I've got a terrible pirate-CD presented to me by my friends on my birthday.
    There was no english version, just awfully translated Russian. They called Master Li master lithium all the time. good the voice dialogues were not buthcered, but still the game lost half the immersion for me

therefore didn't like the story much, but the overall style was great

Installed this game a few days ago and it's great fun. Can't get to fight Gao the Greater though due to a bug... Really irritating.

screens?

I was reading a couple of reviews of this and just about every wiseguy seems to have seen the big twist at the end, labeling it predictable. Am I the only one who didn't see it coming?

I was reading a couple of reviews of this and just about every wiseguy seems to have seen the big twist at the end, labeling it predictable. Am I the only one who didn't see it coming?
    Well, As soon as you reach the imperial palace the first time you kinda figure it out.

Yes, more than halfway into the game. As compared to KotOR which started those flashbacks right away. Gee, that was a toughie.

Yes, more than halfway into the game. As compared to KotOR which started those flashbacks right away. Gee, that was a toughie.
    I never suspected the plot twist in KotOR. But I'm pretty sure the reason no-one suspected it is because of the "it's never me" syndrome.

screenshots?

I didnt see the twists coming.

As for screenshots, just do a google search on Jade Empire pictures.

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

I did see it coming mostly because I was never a trusty guy and lets say my suspicions were confirmed.

Lets just say the dark ending in JE I loved very much, being a god ahh always a long time fantasy of mine...

and lets not forget. I found the water dragon hot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast