Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jade Empire

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Jade Empire

I've realized through the character showdown polls and what not that it appears that no one seems to have played Jade Empire.

What's wrong with all of you!?

JE is an awesome game and at the time was a breathe of fresh air after playing through the KOTOR titles. It was also something very different from either the space or westernized-fantasy RPGs that BioWare is known for. It was also BioWare's first game to feature real time combat instead of the turn based kind.

If you have not played it go get the game right now. It's very cheap these days. The Special Edition can be found on Steam for $14.99 and you can also find it for less, no doubt, somewhere.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Jade Empire

I played it, but I didn't vote in the JE poll thread. None of the characters really impressed me that much.
    No.

Jade Empire was a great game, albeit it short and a tad cliche. It didn't really pose much of a challenge gameplay wise, but the story was excellent and very creative. It's a shame, really, that not too many people played this game.
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

I played it, I just haven't followed the polls I've actually finished it more times than any other Bioware game.

Long summers with only and xbox at our summer house... :/

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    I played it, but I didn't vote in the JE poll thread. None of the characters really impressed me that much.
    Black Whirlwind says hi.

I picked this game up in Steam's Christmas sale (£3-4! Bargain!) and I really loved it. Combat was very simplistic and very easy to manipulate, but still a gem of a game.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Dude, he chopped a bride in two so he can settle some family dispute.

No.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

I played it. Finished it 3 or 4 times. Can't remember exactly. Twice as a good guy, twice as an evil bastard. I found it to be a great game, exceptionally enjoyable.

Black Whirlwind was awesome.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

...that's the whole reason he's hilarious.

Yea, I know. but it disturbed me when imagining it. (I'm weak)

other than that:

Sagacious Zu is even worse a moaner than Carth and Kaidan combined.

Morning Star is bastila with a fetish for dark side reversed into total fear of every moving thing.

Princess Flowery is Princess Leia.

The gay thief is a gay thief.

the little girl that turns into a monster is just freaky.

the crazy alchemist isn't really a character.

Drunken Master has a wife.

myea.
    No.

Wha....seriously?
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Jade Empire was awesome; Especially the twist in the story.

The atmosphere was totally unqiue. I so wish i could reset my knowledge about the game and start again.

I really liked JE but I deployed before finishing it and when I came home I never picked it up again. I contemplated it later, then the 360 came out and I left my xbox behind. I think I got maybe a little over halfway done. Maybe more, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Jade Empire was awesome; Especially the twist in the story.
    As nice as the twist is, it isn't that good.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can see it coming JUST before it happens. I did at least.

"Wait... i've killed the Emperor... the game can't be this short. Something must be happening... and it appears Li is talking to me. Is he going to betray me? Yes... yes he is.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

As nice as the twist is, it isn't that good.
    I'll certainly agree that the player can put two and two together right before the reveal but still...before that part you have no idea it's coming.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

I didn't as I disregarded all the warning sighs( Hey dude, your style has a flaw but it kept leading to me getting smacked in the face) so I was surprised.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

To me, all that business about the "flaw" in your fighting style first appeared more as a sign of genius on Master Li's part, showing just how good of a fighter and teacher he is. While fully true, the actual truth pretty much hit me relatively unprepared. But as most people here have said, you likely expect that something is going to happen right before its going to happen. That's not a sign of a bad twist imho, though. More to the contrary: You're facing it all the time throughout the game in one way or another, but you only put the things together right at the end when it's too late already. I daresay that Jade Empire's twist is a lot better than the one in Knights of the Old Republic, for example - you can see that one coming from miles ahead with all those very specific visions that your character receives as well as the "force bond" you share with Bastila.

Yes, there are so many hints before the twist that you can easily put one and one together; But in this moment you are usually distracted and then..

awesome game.. i would soil my pants if there was an expansion

To bump I just started a new game in this. Looking forward to playing it through.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast