Thread: Commentary and Discussion Thread

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Commentary and Discussion Thread

Please read the stickies for a great deal of information. But when you are at a loss please post here. All members are welome to use this thread for suggestions, questions, and requests.

You may also contact any board member directly/ Current board members are found in the FAQ.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Commentary and Discussion Thread

Glad to see this finally up and running, will be tuned in to see how things go in the lead up to the ratification vote since I hope this will succeed and be extended to other D&D areas.

Anyways, a few suggestions/queries for starters:

• Suggestion: I would suggest that a second post be made in the FAQ thread or somewhere similar and provide links to all discussion pertaining to the operation of the board/forum (chronologically). I think moving completed discussions to the Cemetery is fine, but we should want a record of decisions for reference and in keeping with the transparency provision.

• Query: Is the usergroup "[Temp] Board of Historians" required anymore? It was initially created (temporarily) to give permissions to this area while it was hidden. It doesn't affect the ability of Board members to moderate locally or their official standing, so I'd like to remove it if possible.

• Suggestion: The header of the "Start Here" index should probably be modified to specify that it contains College of History threads rather than articles from around the forums, and the compilers list should be updated to something like "Updated and maintained by the Board of Historians; Initial compilation by Kscott, therussian, and Spiff". Main reason is we have a bunch of outdated indexes around the forums, so an OP from 2006 and the current header will give that impression. A "Last Updated" line couldn't hurt either for posterity, since not a lot of folks will be aware of the post edit text along the bottom.

• Suggestion: This forum should probably be moved to the top of the display order under the VV since it's the most general purpose and augmentative.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Glad to see this finally up and running, will be tuned in to see how things go in the lead up to the ratification vote since I hope this will succeed and be extended to other D&D areas.

Anyways, a few suggestions/queries for starters:

• Suggestion: I would suggest that a second post be made in the FAQ thread or somewhere similar and provide links to all discussion pertaining to the operation of the board/forum (chronologically). I think moving completed discussions to the Cemetery is fine, but we should want a record of decisions for reference and in keeping with the transparency provision.Good idea -- I will see what I can do with this

• Query: Is the usergroup "[Temp] Board of Historians" required anymore? It was initially created (temporarily) to give permissions to this area while it was hidden. It doesn't affect the ability of Board members to moderate locally or their official standing, so I'd like to remove it if possible.If it does nothing --- yeah it can go(I trust you techies way too much)

• Suggestion: The header of the "Start Here" index should probably be modified to specify that it contains College of History threads rather than articles from around the forums, and the compilers list should be updated to something like "Updated and maintained by the Board of Historians; Initial compilation by Kscott, therussian, and Spiff". Main reason is we have a bunch of outdated indexes around the forums, so an OP from 2006 and the current header will give that impression. A "Last Updated" line couldn't hurt either for posterity, since not a lot of folks will be aware of the post edit text along the bottom.(Yep -- working on this)

• Suggestion: This forum should probably be moved to the top of the display order under the VV since it's the most general purpose and augmentative.(Is this something you can do? If so, make it so)
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Usergroup deleted, forum display order modified. Also added Farnan and Spartan JKM as local moderators in accordance with their appointment to the Board.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Can I have my article moved here...

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I would like to nominate this thread by davide.cool, covering the ancient Roman port and canal system near Ostia, for inclusion in this sacred hall of texts.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372141

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician

We had not considered moving from the slower forums. We did move a few from the Mausaleum when it closed to the Alt Hist Forum though. To be honest, I think his thread iis probably more useful where it is now. But we will consider the suggestion.