Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Slowly making progress here. But that's slowly...

That Planet With a Spaceport
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some unrest icons (for TGW, all were drawn in GIMP )...

Upper Classes

Lower Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

All looks cool, but the icons are a bit unclear

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    All looks cool, but the icons are a bit unclear
    I believe the latter is due to my slightly obsessive, if you will, attention to detail.

When I have made a good picture, I always see small areas to improve here and there, adding more and more complexity. In the end, as you pointed out with these icons, the picture may become slightly confusing.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Planning - planning - is the key to success. Unfortunately, I didn't really take that into consideration here.

Some areas reworked slightly, some layers moved, and new details and objects added.

Nevertheless, things are starting to come together, at least in the lower left corner.

That Planet With a Spaceport
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Very nice I must say, are they all renders put together or are you using a pad?

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Wow that's really great,
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Very nice I must say, are they all renders put together or are you using a pad?
    He's using a tablet, a Intuos 4 if I recall correctly.

Great work Anka (), but I don't like the colours. Too desert and mars like, I would like green and blueish more

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    He's using a tablet, a Intuos 4 if I recall correctly.

Great work Anka (), but I don't like the colours. Too desert and mars like, I would like green and blueish more
    Actually, Aanker is just a made-up name for a Dwarven fantasy character that was part of this wonderful fictional world that a friend and I invented (and quite thoroughly so, may I add) some years back.

As for colours. It is almost infinitely harder to create a lush and blue world, in comparison to an arid and martian world.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Actually, Aanker is just a made-up name for a Dwarven fantasy character that was part of this wonderful fictional world that a friend and I invented (and quite thoroughly so, may I add) some years back.

As for colours. It is almost infinitely harder to create a lush and blue world, in comparison to an arid and martian world.
    It would be, the differenc in colours, adding in trees, bodies of water, etc.

I like it.

My GC entry... This is my first, I believe :

Campidoctor

brilliant job mate!

Great message but a pretty big grammar error :

"Only the methods changed. We're still the same"

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Great message but a pretty big grammar error :

"Only the methods changed. We're still the same"
    Weeell... I thought the 'changed' part made the first sentence too long, but now that you tell me this...

New contest, new entry (the theme is Life, which ironically happens to be my inspiration for this work):

Everything was drawn by tablet in GIMP.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Even the typography?

Breathtaking work mate.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Even the typography?

Breathtaking work mate.
    Oops! Everything apart from the typography (even though I made the mirror effects and all that).

Anyway, thanks!

Sassori's Avatar Tiro
    Inside a mountain cavern, surrounded by old monitors and old PCs. And a black dog.

Aanker, your workshop is a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassori View Post
    Aanker, your workshop is a masterpiece.
    Thanks!

You've got some growing talent yourself. Keep drawing!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Great, i like the plants!

But im silicon based .

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Great, i like the plants!

But im silicon based .
    Interestingly, NASA studies on Titan (a moon of Saturn) suggested that there could in fact be methane- (or was it ammonia-) based life on the surface of the distant body. Now that would be quite something!