Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Product Designer

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Well, if you want to get good at drawing, all it takes is a lot of practice. I've been drawing since I was about two or three years old, and it never ceases to be entertaining - because there is always something to improve here and there in the next project. If you want to get good, I'd suggest get started, and don't measure your own work with someone else's until you're on the same level (or you might feel disappointed with yourself, comparing is another case).
    I know, problem is im lazy, and rather do other things.. the problem isn't really technique, more proportions, poses, i suck at drawing humans mostly. heres some of my stuff:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...73#post7694573

my skills lie mostly with ink

And on the references... I don't
    your the best
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Maяcel View Post
    I know, problem is im lazy, and rather do other things.. the problem isn't really technique, more proportions, poses, i suck at drawing humans mostly. heres some of my stuff:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...73#post7694573

my skills lie mostly with ink

your the best
    Well, you do certainly have a good style, to begin with (the one with the man in some gas mask standing near what seems to be central park is exceptional in this case).

Oh, and yes, humans are really tough to draw . I still have eye-nose proportion problems, especially when it comes to viewing faces from different angles/perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

One question: With so much lead on the page, who do you stop yourself from smudging it? that's a problem I've always had.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    One question: With so much lead on the page, who do you stop yourself from smudging it? that's a problem I've always had.
    I use HB-graded lead (most of the time, sometimes I use B-graded, but that's the "smudgiest" I have). You can also prevent the smudging by putting an additional paper (I think a soft paper with as little friction as possible is the best for this task) between your hand and the drawing. Also, I don't usually move around my hand a lot, but leave that to the fingers (finger flexibility helps ).

Another good way to prevent smudging is by planning slightly - leave the darkest, most intensive areas for the finale, and keep a good number of open spaces. Drawing from the left, to the right, usually helps.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

TWO NEW TGW IMAGES!

The Skies Are Clear
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Aviator
    (close-up, looks bad unless zoomed out )

Nice work mate, especially the plane !

Know the feeling. Best way is to buy a drawing book. I find Manga a great drawing method to start. Easy to draw and can look impressive without much difficulty

AND... YET ANOTHER NEW WORLD WAR I DRAWING!

Capitalized notifications in BOLD refer to the actual work put into the project, not the image size.

Over The Top (LARGE)

I think I can get a bigger (image) size on this one later on...

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

AND... YET ANOTHER NEW WORLD WAR I DRAWING!

Capitalized notifications in BOLD refer to the actual work put into the project, not the image size.

Over The Top (LARGE)

I think I can get a bigger (image) size on this one later on...

How is it possible that you can be soo good? This, honestly, rivals a lot of the art which dots my house, which I payed for.. You are really, really good!

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Very very nice

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Although colour telivision was not invented released until 1966, a whole 48 years after the end of world war one me and Aanker decided to press ahead with technology slightly out of its time .

Thanks for all of your comments! They are all very welcome

@Josst
    That coloration is great! If you can do the rest of the artwork for GW after you have worked on the cargo craft (which, I must say, I am really looking forward to), we should have a fine set of loading screens to get the player immersed into the era before he has even started playing

Splendid work!

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Although colour telivision was not invented released until 1966, a whole 48 years after the end of world war one me and Aanker decided to press ahead with technology slightly out of its time .
    wow that's amazing. Is there anything you two can't do. +rep to you both if I can.
    P.S. nice references aanker.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Aanker this is really great stuff, keep doin what you love man because we're loving it!!

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

AND ANOTHER WORLD WAR I PICTURE:

Capitalized notes in BOLD refer to the actual work put into the project, not the image size.

The Birth of an Ace (LARGE)

Note that I had to use Photoshop extensively on this one (making it take double the actual drawing time to complete), due to the bad qualities of my scanner

Product Designer

Nice, the people are a bit small tho

DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Maяcel View Post
    Nice, the people are a bit small tho

Problem appears when you're not using references

I think I have painted too many dwarves.

PS. Nice tip, though, I might use that method in the future!
    Last edited by Aanker; July 20, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

You're one of the best I've ever seen. If not the best at drawing! +rep and Welcome to the Graphics Workshop!

LAND BATTLE LOADING SCREEN FOR THE GREAT WAR MOD:

(if you have played the game, you know where this picture would be suitable)

Capitalized notes in BOLD refer to the actual amount of work put into the project, not the image size.

The Plan (LARGE)

It could have done better with some minor edits (like the smoke from the pipe), but it will do for now.

Also, I spent some time reworking the background on my space battle project. Very tedious work, since the stars in the image should have different brightness levels, different sizes and sometimes different colours (younger stars tend to be bluish-white, while older stars are generally yellow-red). Also, making a nebula, with all the direct and indirect lightning, isn't the easiest thing in the world either.

Stars and Nebulae

Just to reiterate what other's have said.
    Will love to see you make something Napoleonic.