Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    It's great! But is that the full size painting? And when you win, since you already have an Intuos 4, you can give it to me
    "When you win" being a rather optimistic assumption (), I can safely say that I have not thought of this matter.

Oh, and yes, that is the full-size painting. I prefer to make small conceptual drawings, since larger projects require quite an investment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

You might see a pattern developing, but I won't release too much details yet.

Anyway, here's a clue (it's nothing big, but have a shot at guessing)...

PS. Here we go (originally, I wanted to submit this to the EVE online contest, but I had too little time to complete the schematics):
    Prospector
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Aanker; October 08, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Awesome ship !

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

O
    M
    G
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

omg, you can really draw and design at the same time. Well done my friend.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Oh my bejaysus.

I haven't had much time this week (nor will I have next week) to draw, so I'll just submit a loading screen that I made for the Great War mod:

Full Speed Ahead - Loading Screen Version

I don't like the low quality, but at least it's the right size in the submissions thread. Oh, and I updated one of the previous images (the President now has human skin):
    Last edited by Aanker; October 17, 2010 at 09:47 AM.

Sassori's Avatar Tiro
    Inside a mountain cavern, surrounded by old monitors and old PCs. And a black dog.

The dreadnoought: I really like this one! and what about a light sepia tone? but it is good as it is!

Great stuff! Many of the fantasy and sci-fi ones have that nice classic fantasy art feel to them Love it! Keep on rockin!
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat - Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMaximus View Post
    Great stuff! Many of the fantasy and sci-fi ones have that nice classic fantasy art feel to them Love it! Keep on rockin!
    Thanks guys! Sadly, though, I've lost some inspiration, at least for the time being. Might be due to time restraints this (and the previous) week - school comes first, after all. But I'll try to get back on track and produce more pictures soon. And finish that tutorial.

Patrician Citizen

Good luck mate!
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I think I'm getting back on track, had three consecutive exams on Thursday, Friday and Saturday last week (and today), but it looks as though I'll have more free time... For the time being. Anyway, here we go:

Wyvern Tank Patrolling the Frontlines

I'm going to make the sky more detailed, looking at it as it is now.

Patrician Citizen

Incredible !! You could really write some comics dude

+rep

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

I know you're a fan of secondary lightning, but that pic is quite bright overall. That's why I wonder why the flashlights from the tank has such a big effect? Otherwise it's great!

I see what you mean, but I think I'll adjust it by making the contrasts larger on the ground. The nuclear explosion is supposed to be the only real light source in the image, while it's night elsewhere. I'll have to make some finetuning on the sky to properly portray that.

Better?

@Cedric37: Thanks! I've actually been thinking about making a community-driven comic, people suggesting what should happen in the next strip (three images) or page (four or five strips) and then I'd try to draw it. Of course, such a comic would be greyscale owing to the long time it takes to colour something properly, but it would offer very interesting development opportunities.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Brilliant O__O

For that comic, mebbe you could do an action-based strip? I know that'd take longer and be harder, but think of the rep, and gratitude

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    @Cedric37: Thanks! I've actually been thinking about making a community-driven comic, people suggesting what should happen in the next strip (three images) or page (four or five strips) and then I'd try to draw it. Of course, such a comic would be greyscale owing to the long time it takes to colour something properly, but it would offer very interesting development opportunities.

Nice idea, and this can be very interested but you need to have the last word as you won't be able to follow all people suggestions. Or maybe if you can give a ticket number to people so maybe "now it's your turn", you will avoid the unavoidable people commenting that their idea was best and why did you choose this one etc
    But i like this idea, it just need some clear rules to avoid you being eaten bu the community

Alright, here are my two competition alternatives (drawing):

Join the Guard!

or just

Specialized Marksman

I like the little text message in the first, it makes you feel prompted to get drafted in the nearest recruitment office, but on the other hand, the second one might just be cleaner (and thus better).

Oh, right, and would anyone be interested in this community-driven comic? That is, per the rules cedric37 mentioned (each member will create the plot for a strip of three or four images, each strip is part of the comic, etc.).

Patrician Citizen

Yeah, let get started, sounds funny, although i don't know if i have much time to participate in the story