Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I can't draw (whole) horses at all, so I don't think that would be very possible.

Maybe just me on Foot then in a uniform of a Hussar? Then I can die happy!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

My annual submission to the Christmas theme, using a twist as is custom:

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Thats amazing!

The grass!

Thanks Josst!

I live with the knowledge that posterity will remember me for my grass.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

The finished piece, in its entirety:

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Santa ?

A more Nordic-esque Santa, granted, but yes.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    The finished piece, in its entirety:
    Awesome

Thank you Eire!

I really like this one,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You should paint it, then it would be perfect!

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Thanks though I'm not currently in a sci-fi mood

I might give that a go in the future, however.

agunter999's Avatar Senator

Good god
    That is fantastic
    You can draw the one thing I can't
    People
    Just fantastic
    Wwi stuff is the best

Thanks agunter!

Here's something new:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"A Servaínnean Legionnary from around the time of Hzaar's Conquests. This soldier wears the typical lamellar armour of the early Imperial period; it was adopted as a replacement to the considerably more primitive armour types worn by Servaínnean forces during the colonial wars against Xivan. The winged bull is the sigil of Ashar, the eleventh prophet and patron of the Templist tradition."

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Awe to the some

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

The latest painting shows you have improved on drawing humans (not that you were bad at it before)

Thanks to both of you!

@Radboud: I like to draw faces, so obviously that has contributed somewhat.

Apart from my signature, this is also new:

(I did this mostly to get back to drawing, I have just finished my exams so there might be more to come in the future!)

"Noven was the first province to rebel against the Emperor, but due to the fact that the movement of revolution sprung from villages and towns - and not from the minds of an established political elite, as was the case in Mithanea - the rebels had little to no access to conventional military forces. Noven lacked a standing army, and there had been no room for preparations before the unrest boiled up across the province.

As a result, individual Novene communities raised their own forces in the form of militias. Villages called up their able-bodied men to form single companies, often with no uniformity to speak of (these men commonly lacked munitions, weapons and other assorted equipment as they arrived to the battlefield and relied mainly on scavenging and ambushing as means of replenishing their stocks), while some larger towns and cities were capable of mustering several regiments of fully equipped and uniformed soldiers. These militias were seldomly well-disciplined or even adequately trained in the ways of war, but inspirational leadership and a string of early victories against both Imperial and Pruellan provincial armies gave them both valuable experience and skill.

This particular militia carries the uniform of Souther Noven (green and gold, with a key sigil), an area which at the time of the rebellion stood under Pruellan occupation. On his tricorne, he wears the Militiaman's Ribbon. Its function was both aesthetic and practical: it became a sign of brotherhood between Novene soldiers, but also guaranteed the soldier's safe return home if he was captured. The codes of war guaranteed militia the right to freely walk back to their village of origin, as long as they promised never again to raise arms against their captors. This principle was systematically abused, such that returning militias merely rearmed themselves and continued the fight. The Pruellanders took note and instead hanged their adversaries upon capture.

As the war wore on, Novene stores were exhausted. The Imperial Navy destroyed the Revolutionary Navy and subsequently blockaded Novene ports. The Pruellan armies, reformed after their initial embarrasing defeats at the hands of the rebels, took to the offensive and struck like lightning throughout Noven. Thousands of Novene soldiers were captured and executed, and the revolution was over."

A lot has been happening (note the purple for instance), and my updates are growing very few and far between, but here is something:

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Wow, that bird almost looks as if you have taken a picture of it.

shogon's Avatar Civis

Your work is breath taking Aanker, it's simply amazing. I wish I could express my words better, but your creations speak volumes.

If only I could see your rendition of Hannibal's crossing the Alps , you don't need to do it, I can use some of your other pieces of art to blend my own image of it in my head.

Keep doing an excellent job you marvelous maker of worlds.