Thread: Do you use cheats?

Default Do you use cheats?

Just wondering how many of you use cheats?

I've tried playing Russians in the middle age, and I get completely crushed by the golden horde in like 10th turn. So I used the 1 000 000 florins cheat to be able to get at least some defense. I know it's cheap, but I tried that campaign 6 times and I always got CRUSHED totaly. Otherwise I hate using cheats.

Urien's Avatar Tiro

The term "cheat" probably means different things to different people.

As far as downloaded or known cheats such as the money one you mentioned, No.
    I have used sometimes, the in game advantages (options) such as unlimited ammo for missile units, no fatigue and time limits on battles as they are selected at the start of campaigns and both human and AI use the same rules for the duration, so I deem this is fair. But for imported cheats or tweaking the code for a one sided advantage, no.

However, since you mentioned it. The mere fact that the human player KNOWS that the Mongols attack in 1260 (or thereabouts) gives the player an unfair advantage in time to prepare for this invasion. It will always be a struggle for the factions who border the Mongols to retain all their provinces when the invasion occurs.

As far as the Russians are concerned, I would suggest a strategy of religious infiltration of future Mongol provinces, defensive unit building in your provinces that border the Mongols, look West for expansion before the Mongols arrive and diplomacy (allliance) with them when they do arrive, this hopefully will allow your faction to survive to fight another day, perhaps when the Mongols have been weakened by their own expansion strategies.

Good luck.

Well, in my opinion, cheating means using codes, like the .deadringer. one.
    But, yeah, I tried that, but then I lost all the tension I was feeling as the Almohads gathered theiir two full stacks at my spanish border.

There is a modding guide over at gamefaqs.com, and Im thinking about making some changes. Small changes like adding a chruch or the building to make spies in a starting province shouldnt ruin the feeling of impending defeat which make games more immersive.