Thread: Install order

Default Install order

Hello all,
    Being a long time warhammer fan (since 89) I can tell you I can't wait to play this mod. I have it downloading atm but I am confused about the install process. I have seen two posts that suggest two different orders of installation. Namely...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326294
    and
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=320935

Which one is the correct way? Mainly the confusion lies in how to apply the translation files in what order since the latter post suggests applying them after installing 1.3 and the other says before. I know they go from 1-3 in order but when to apply them to the mod? I am just looking for an official process for the translated version. Thanks for the help and again great job on getting this mod going and in a workable condition.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Install order

Hmm... isilendil seems to have changed the download page on me

ok, here's what you do:

Official

1) Download the full version of 1.02 and install it.

2) Download the Music patch and install it.

3) Download version 1.03 and install it.

4) Download version 1.031 (Hotfix) and install it.

5) Download all three translation files here IN ORDER.

5) OPTIONAL- Download Grand Admiral Thrawn's translation in the Translation thread on post 655 on page 33.

My Method

1) Download the torrent here.

2) Download all three translation files here IN ORDER.

2) OPTIONAL- Download Grand Admiral Thrawn's translation in the Translation thread on post 655 on page 33.

I hope this helped

Cool thanks for that...one more question. Should we extract the rar files to a specific location i.e. for me I would extract them one at a time in the order listed above to (Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic) While I get that, should I delete the "teutonic" folder first before installation or will it simply overwrite it?

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Using torrent version is probably an easier way. You simply unpack files to mods folder.

You can delete or reneme "teutonic" folder before you extract downloaded files to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods".

I would use the torrent but it is taking far too long...gonna try the long way.

Ok went through the process about 4 times and it kept CTD right after the splash screen. I went to user controls and turned them off. After that I followed the instructions again and verified each step was able to load to the main menu. Everything worked and even played about 5 turns. Now I'm running into some issues with you mod. I extract the real warhammer mod to my teutonic folder and confirm overwriting files. Now the same issue is happening where it will load with the "real warhammer" splash screen and then ctd. Everything seemed to work before so I'm not sure what I did wrong...

Citizen

I need you to replace your .cfg file with the one here and run the game. Once it crashes, send me your systems.log (found in the "logs" folder in the main M2TW directory) immediately after the crash. Please send it to me through pm. Thank you.

Hey Holy,

I already posted this in your submod thread but I figured I would do the same here for resolution of this issue...

Problem: Real warhammer splash screen loads then CTD with no error message i.e. will not load past splash screen to main menu.

FIX: To fix it what you must do is go to the teutonic folder (thats where CoW is) and look in another subfolder with in it. It should look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\mods\teutonic" or something similar...you will notice there are some files ie a data folder and some other things in that last teutonic folder. Simply copy or cut those and paste into the MAIN teutonic folder. Say yes to overwrites and you should be good to go. It may be linked to how the mod is installed overall, not sure, but those extra files seem to be in the wrong place and thats what causes that particular CTD.

Citizen

Very good! I'll post this in my "Real Warhammer" thread.