Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Angelos - a Chaos follower??

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Gabriel Angelos - a Chaos follower??

Do you think the captain of Third Company of Blood Ravens, Gabriel Angelos, is a Chaos follower? It seems that some of his actions are very questionable.

1. He refuse to help Meridian to defend against Chaos attack.

2. He hide in Warp when he is declared as renegade, only appear again when situation become more friendly to him.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default Re: Gabriel Angelos - a Chaos follower??

I think he is a survivalist. And If I remember correctly the situation on Meridian was quite dire. He may have felt it was a waste of Chapter resources to assist Meridian, considering it to be another possible "Kaurava"...

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I think he is a survivalist. And If I remember correctly the situation on Meridian was quite dire. He may have felt it was a waste of Chapter resources to assist Meridian, considering it to be another possible "Kaurava"...
    I don't believe that, consider your character, command only a few Space Marines, regain the control of situation easily. It is questionable that why a whole company cannot achieve such thing.

It is possible that he is either a different Chaos worshiper (Chaos followers love to fight eachothers more) or he is an Eldar pawn.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Sure it's possible, but it's highly unlikely and would be a stupid decision by THQ.
    It's also possible for me to win a hand to paw combat against a bear on that note.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I don't believe that, consider your character, command only a few Space Marines, regain the control of situation easily. It is questionable that why a whole company cannot achieve such thing.

It is possible that he is either a different Chaos worshiper (Chaos followers love to fight eachothers more) or he is an Eldar pawn.
    You do realize that a company is a significant investment for a chapter fully 10% of it's battle forces if it's a codex chapter. If a company is lost it can take decades, even centuries to replace those losses, I imagine a officer like Gabriel realizes that and must weigh that into his decisions. Remember a good military commander does NOT waste his life or that of his men REGARDLESS of the situation. Now he could have pulled the heroic card but given the situation I'd doubt anyone would find out about it.

You do realize that a company is a significant investment for a chapter fully 10% of it's battle forces if it's a codex chapter. If a company is lost it can take decades, even centuries to replace those losses, I imagine a officer like Gabriel realizes that and must weigh that into his decisions. Remember a good military commander does NOT waste his life or that of his men REGARDLESS of the situation. Now he could have pulled the heroic card but given the situation I'd doubt anyone would find out about it.
    The thing is that the situation is probably not desperate at all, consider a handful of Space Marines can keep things control. Now, if Gabriel can throw his whole company against a Hive Fleet I fail to see how he cannot deal some small Chaos uprising, especially the target is one of most rich Hive Worlds in that sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Sure it's possible, but it's highly unlikely and would be a stupid decision by THQ.
    It's also possible for me to win a hand to paw combat against a bear on that note.
    The writing of story is decided by GW.

The thing is that the situation is probably not desperate at all, consider a handful of Space Marines can keep things control. Now, if Gabriel can throw his whole company against a Hive Fleet I fail to see how he cannot deal some small Chaos uprising, especially the target is one of most rich Hive Worlds in that sector.

The writing of story is decided by GW.
    Dealing with a Tyranid Hive Fleet is wholly different from dealing with Chaos.

Tyranid tactics are relatively simple. Swarm, swarm, and zerg some more. Whoever can be the shootiest, for the longest, and minimize their casualties will always win.

Chaos on the other hand is a high functioning enemy. You really have to have your sutff wired tough to stand a chance. And unlike Tyranids when you fight Chaos you fight yourself as well in the most literal sense of the word. Your assaulted from without and within. There can be many reasons why Gabriel chose discretion.

There can be many reasons why Gabriel chose discretion.
    The reason is not enough, as I already point out it is not a serious Chaos attack and ten Space Marines can do the job.

The reason is not enough, as I already point out it is not a serious Chaos attack and ten Space Marines can do the job.

Well how much of Meridian was revolting?

The same Space Marines who crushed an entire Eldar Force, stopped an Ork invasion, and defeated the Tyrannid. Clearly we're dealing with your run of the mill Space Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    The same Space Marines who crushed an entire Eldar Force, stopped an Ork invasion, and defeated the Tyrannid. Clearly we're dealing with your run of the mill Space Marines.
    Lets just say the Dawn of War novels and general story is a bit over the top and silly. At least when GW make Ultramarines seem unstoppable they have a reason.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Lets just say the Dawn of War novels and general story is a bit over the top and silly. At least when GW make Ultramarines seem unstoppable they have a reason.
    Which is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    I realize this.

Which is?
    They are GW's poster boys. They have to look awesome or little annoying kids won't buy them.
    Art //

I think he proved his loyalty when he killed his best friend in the first DoW game when he was corrupted.

.. Unless this is not part of the actual story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Mugg's Avatar Semisalis

i think he is a fag, chicken sh...., a girl...what else....

Wrath of the Norsemen Researcher and Historian and Second Age Total War 2D Helper

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    I think he proved his loyalty when he killed his best friend in the first DoW game when he was corrupted.

.. Unless this is not part of the actual story?
    But the problem is if Gabriel was tainted by Chaos this alone doesn't prove his innocence. Chaos has no problem bumping off one follower for another, especially if the patron is Tzeentch he does that kind of crap for fun before putting on his threads to head to his library. I tried to pimp out his fortress but he said no. Too Slaaneshi for his tastes. That bastard...

Mugg's Avatar Semisalis

and i hate when a chicken commands me...that's what he did in chaos rising... bastard

Wrath of the Norsemen Researcher and Historian and Second Age Total War 2D Helper

But still, if Inquisitor Toth didn't realize he was Chaos-tainted, how big would the chance be?

Also, about the Tzeentch thing.. I just realized something, if the Blood Ravens -are- actually related to the Thousand Sons, could Sindri, who could possibly be someone from the Thousand Sons, have corrupted him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Toth was a useless hack though, or the manifestation of the demon in the Maledictum actively trying to free itself by using the Space Marines to destroy the stone. I've heard of both.

Doubtful that Sindri corrupted him seeing as corrupter generally aren't killed by their minions, you saw how Sindri could easily cripple the Librarian Isador after his corruption.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast