Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Raven's Unknown Primarch

Default Blood Raven's Unknown Primarch

In Dark Crusade if one attacks the Space Marine's Castellum Incorruptus (Incorruptible Castle) they will be greeted by Davian Thule's heroic speech, ok fine, in the speech he mentions a "Unknown Primarch". So my question is who do you think the Unknown Primarch is? Is it Magnus? Horus? Or one of the two "Lost Primarchs"?

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Blood Raven's Unknown Primarch

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    In Dark Crusade if one attacks the Space Marine's Castellum Incorruptus (Incorruptible Castle) they will be greeted by Davian Thule's heroic speech, ok fine, in the speech he mentions a "Unknown Primarch". So my question is who do you think the Unknown Primarch is? Is it Magnus? Horus? Or one of the two "Lost Primarchs"?
    I believe that he is Magnus...the high number of psykers in their ranks lends some credibility

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    I believe that he is Magnus...the high number of psykers in their ranks lends some credibility
    Have a lot of psykers do not automatically link them to Thousand Sons, especially most chapter's fighting style is coming down by tradition, not by their genes. To be honest, the chapter symbol and name are more close to Blood Angels...
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; July 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

...Hardly....
    BR have nothing distinctive ,they just some later founding chapter whose documents were lost .
    Sincerely they just needed some chapter for DoW .
    In their first book captain is plagued by memory of BR home planet,which he ordered for
    Exterminatus for too many Chaos mutations .

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Have a lot of psykers do not automatically link them to Thousand Sons, especially most chapter's fighting style is coming down by tradition, not by their genes.
    Home planet tainted that is why psykers pop-up like muchrooms after reign
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Quote Originally Posted by Edelward View Post
    Home planet tainted that is why psykers pop-up like muchrooms after reign
    That, however, does not mention why Blood Ravens recruit large amount of psykers, especially the chapter has choice to recruit what materials they want. My personal view is that psykers are presented in Blood Ravens in large number only to guard their library and to study enemy's weakness.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

I think blood ravens will turn out to be directly related to the emperor.Considering how they are promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    I think blood ravens will turn out to be directly related to the emperor.Considering how they are promoted.
    And Blood Ravens produces bunch of Chaos followers, notable its current master.

That proves the theory that Emperor is another Chaos God!!!

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Dum dum dum dum...
    Conspiracies.....

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Dum dum dum dum...
    Conspiracies.....
    It is a fact that current Blood Ravens chapter master is a Chaos follower.

It is a fact that current Blood Ravens chapter master is a Chaos follower.
    Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear that?
    You have not played Chaos Rising? It has clearly stated that Azariah Kyras is heavily tainted by Chaos and also corrupt several members. It also states that it is highly possible that the First Company of Blood Ravens is all fallen to Chaos now.

Corrupt as hell.
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Azariah_Kyras

There has definitely been a couple of other hints:
    In the Black Library book Dawn of War: Ascension, it is revealed that the ancestors of the Blood Ravens built a recruiting world on top of an ancient Necron outpost during the Horus Heresy, with the help of the Eldar. The two races worked in unison, using Eldar magic and psychic wards to lock the Necron force lying beneath the sands in psychic stasis. The Heresy-era Space Marines were then tasked with protecting this outpost by the Eldar, to seal in the Necron threat, but they mysteriously abandoned it. It was left unrecorded in Imperial logs until the Blood Ravens rediscovered it. The Eldar mistook the Blood Ravens for being one and the same as the Heresy-era Space Marines, as they too wore similar red Power Armour.

The physic lock the Marines placed on the Necrons shows that the Marines of that time could not have been Blood Angels, and the Thousand Sons already share a bond with the Blood Ravens because both groups of Space Marines were defined by the possession of unusually strong psychic powers.

In the novel Battle for the Abyss, a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine shouts "Knowledge is Power!" as a battle cry, suggesting a connection to the Blood Ravens.

In the novel A Thousand Sons by Graham McNeill a vision is seen by the Thousand Sons Librarian Ahriman describing a future image of blood and a raven, and a remembrancer psyker attached to the Thousand Sons has a vision of "...The Ravens, I see them too! The lost sons and a Raven of Blood. They cry out for salvation and knowledge, but it is denied!" (p.430) This may imply that the Blood Ravens are descended from the Thousand Sons' gene-seed. If the Thousand Sons are not the origin of the Blood Ravens' geneseed, then Games Workshop is clearly throwing out a multitude of red herrings.

Avitus mentions that Davian Thule found some recordings relating to the founding of the Chapter on Kronus. He was the only one to have seen them, and destroyed them immediately after. Tarkus notes this as being a turning point marking a significant change in the Captain's personality, now grimmer and more distant than he once was. One could guess that whatever recording Thule found established the Blood Ravens as being related to one of the Traitor Legions. Later in the game, Avitus mentions the fact that the Blood Ravens have forgotten the name of their Primarch and this could not have been an accident, it had to be done on purpose to hide "a terrible truth".
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/B...nd_Sons_Legion
    Last edited by Kamos; July 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

*Pounds fist into concrete ground*

Damnit! I was gonna apply for a job with the Blood Ravens. Ever since I was a little boy I always wanted to be a Space Marine! That's what started me down the road to Slaanesh worship and to become a Chaos Lord....

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    There has definitely been a couple of other hints:
    In the Black Library book Dawn of War: Ascension, it is revealed that the ancestors of the Blood Ravens built a recruiting world on top of an ancient Necron outpost during the Horus Heresy, with the help of the Eldar. The two races worked in unison, using Eldar magic and psychic wards to lock the Necron force lying beneath the sands in psychic stasis. The Heresy-era Space Marines were then tasked with protecting this outpost by the Eldar, to seal in the Necron threat, but they mysteriously abandoned it. It was left unrecorded in Imperial logs until the Blood Ravens rediscovered it. The Eldar mistook the Blood Ravens for being one and the same as the Heresy-era Space Marines, as they too wore similar red Power Armour.

The physic lock the Marines placed on the Necrons shows that the Marines of that time could not have been Blood Angels, and the Thousand Sons already share a bond with the Blood Ravens because both groups of Space Marines were defined by the possession of unusually strong psychic powers.

In the novel Battle for the Abyss, a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine shouts "Knowledge is Power!" as a battle cry, suggesting a connection to the Blood Ravens.

In the novel A Thousand Sons by Graham McNeill a vision is seen by the Thousand Sons Librarian Ahriman describing a future image of blood and a raven, and a remembrancer psyker attached to the Thousand Sons has a vision of "...The Ravens, I see them too! The lost sons and a Raven of Blood. They cry out for salvation and knowledge, but it is denied!" (p.430) This may imply that the Blood Ravens are descended from the Thousand Sons' gene-seed. If the Thousand Sons are not the origin of the Blood Ravens' geneseed, then Games Workshop is clearly throwing out a multitude of red herrings.

Avitus mentions that Davian Thule found some recordings relating to the founding of the Chapter on Kronus. He was the only one to have seen them, and destroyed them immediately after. Tarkus notes this as being a turning point marking a significant change in the Captain's personality, now grimmer and more distant than he once was. One could guess that whatever recording Thule found established the Blood Ravens as being related to one of the Traitor Legions. Later in the game, Avitus mentions the fact that the Blood Ravens have forgotten the name of their Primarch and this could not have been an accident, it had to be done on purpose to hide "a terrible truth".
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/B...nd_Sons_Legion
    Those hints are too broad to have any reliable connections.

1. Many Space Marines chapters wear red power armor (Thousand Sons did not wear red, by the way).

2. Many Space Marines chapters have "raven" in their chapter name.

3. The High Lord of Terra, when create Space Marines using Traitor Legions' genes, would not give out such information.

4. It is highly suspected what effective evidences would leave on Kronus, because unless Thousand Sons already forsee the High Lords of Terra would use their gene seeds to create a new chapter in future and know that chapter is going to visit some remote planet in even further future, there is no way Thousand Sons can leave evidences for its loyal descents (and of course, High Lords of Terra would not give Blood Ravens such information).

*Pounds fist into concrete ground*

Damnit! I was gonna apply for a job with the Blood Ravens. Ever since I was a little boy I always wanted to be a Space Marine! That's what started me down the road to Slaanesh worship and to become a Chaos Lord....
    I thought you are already in Emperor's Children??:

Those hints are too broad to have any reliable connections.

1. Many Space Marines chapters wear red power armor (Thousand Sons did not wear red, by the way).

2. Many Space Marines chapters have "raven" in their chapter name.

3. The High Lord of Terra, when create Space Marines using Traitor Legions' genes, would not give out such information.

4. It is highly suspected what effective evidences would leave on Kronus, because unless Thousand Sons already forsee the High Lords of Terra would use their gene seeds to create a new chapter in future and know that chapter is going to visit some remote planet in even further future, there is no way Thousand Sons can leave evidences for its loyal descents (and of course, High Lords of Terra would not give Blood Ravens such information).

I thought you are already in Emperor's Children??:
    I am, I joined Emperor's Children back when it was a loyalist force. I was in the legion before Fulgrim was even found... He rebelled and we all had to pick sides. I wanted so much to stay loyal to the Corpse God, but when you have fifteen bolters pointed at your head it makes the decision easy.

And then I heard a most beautiful siren like voice. It promised me money, women, power, respect. And all I had to do was drink from a wine cup that materialized in front of me. So I did. And it was sweet, warm, and delicious.

I felt my body swell with power, my heart with pride! I felt stronger, faster, more intelligent, I felt confident in myself! All the things I NEVER felt with the Corpse God! Hahahahahahaha! I betrayed my former friends, killed them for not seeing the light of Slaanesh, I heard a second voice that told me my rebirth was complete.

My old name, which I no longer remember, had been discarded. I was now Armorin the Violator. And I was magnificent. Oh at times I shifted back and forth. Later the Blood Ravens came about and I wanted to join them I felt guilty. I wasn't warped. But they denied me, so I traveled to the Eye for the first time and saw a Slaaneshi world and I was amazed....

No the Emperor is the Star Child................
    Art //

1) Pre Heresy Thousand Sons:

Post Heresy:

2) The Raven Guard(a founding chapter so not fit for premonitions) and the Knights of the Raven(Who are from the same gene seed as the Raven guard), so many Ravens+Blood /sarcasm.

3) They may not distribute it but it's hardly impossible for someone to figure it out, especially considering how fervently the Blood Ravens pursue knowledge.

4) Yes the likeliness of at least a single person learning(or just knowing) the origins of the Blood Ravens leaving behind an artifact on a planet concerning their origins(but not being specifically left for them) being accidentally discovered thousands of years later is impossible.

One chapter under the sway of Chaos hardly counts as the Emperor being a Chaos God. Though I do believe he is the Fifth Chaos God but not because of the Blood Ravens. Space Marines chapters defect all the time, sometimes when the High Lords order a new founding they take that into consideration.

No, the reason I believe the Emperor is the fifth Chaos God is very simple. His primary sphere of influence is order, uniformity, and subjugation. Yet he uses very "Chaotic" methods to achieve this. And he seems to have a innate relation with the Warp.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

That, however, does not mention why Blood Ravens recruit large amount of psykers, especially the chapter has choice to recruit what materials they want. My personal view is that psykers are presented in Blood Ravens in large number only to guard their library and to study enemy's weakness.
    Man,sorry,but they don't recruit psykers neither have any purposedful recruitment plan,eventually in second or third book they just got an young gurdsman because they had probs with numbers and they were happy too get whomever able to become SM,I have not read it to end ,but alas the psykers were the result of their Home planet recruitments .

And Blood Ravens produces bunch of Chaos followers, notable its current master....
    Because homeplanet was tainted
    Last edited by Edelward; July 14, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

The Blood Ravens do not claim the heritage of Sanguinius, truthfully or otherwise...my two cents are that they are a loyalist TS splinter, much like the loyalist TS in Battle for the Abyss...make of it what you will..

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast