Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glossing over of American History

Default Re: Glossing over of American History

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    It's typical of the inferiority complex of many natives (not just in America) who are now desperately trying to become relevant again.

And not just natives either; this is from the same book as that 'ancient Egyptians were black' BS.
    Depends. The Egyptians were most likely a mixture of 'races', though a substantial proportion of the South of the country (the Nubians) were definitely black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    It's typical of the inferiority complex of many natives (not just in America) who are now desperately trying to become relevant again.

And not just natives either; this is from the same book as that 'ancient Egyptians were black' BS.
    Are you saying that this book literally said Egyptians were black, or that the claims were both whack? The book itself doesn't say that, while the claim about Egyptians is unsubstantiated, there were many black Egyptians, but most Egyptians were probably a mixture of "races".

Quote Originally Posted by Bandiera Rossa View Post
    Are you saying that this book literally said Egyptians were black, or that the claims were both whack? The book itself doesn't say that, while the claim about Egyptians is unsubstantiated, there were many black Egyptians, but most Egyptians were probably a mixture of "races".
    My fault. I meant 'from the same book' as a figure of speech, not the book referred to in the OP. I can see how that was misleading on my part.

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

I can't take seriously anything the author of this thread says as this is listed under interests on their profile.

Interests
    Destroying the American way of life, Wearing down America's family values,Commiting Terrorism, Being an Atheist, Killing + Eating babies.
    Last edited by Shiloh; August 03, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Depends. The Egyptians were most likely a mixture of 'races', though a substantial proportion of the South of the country (the Nubians) were definitely black.
    Egyptians were of the southern stock of the Arabic race. With some undoubted Nubian elements to the south etc, but not prevalently, and not as a dominant feature. Only a few Egyptian portraits exhibit typically Nubian facial features; we can use visual depictions to get at their ancient appearance quite accurately, and the vast majority of them had lighter, swarthy complexion (Nefertiti is a great example), with none of the Nubian features like noses and lips. Nor do they look in any way 'white', i.e. Northern European, but for that matter that doesn't make them 'black' (i.e. African).

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    That was the Aztecs and Incas, not the North Americans.
    human sacrifice existed in North America: http://www.salon.com/books/review/2009/08/06/cahokia
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12