Thread: Tales of the battle of Minas Tirith and Pelinor Fields

Default Tales of the battle of Minas Tirith and Pelinor Fields

You can post here made up stories from the battle of Minas Tirith. They can be of anything that was in the battlefield, Soldier or Troll, Orc or or even a civilian! It just HAS to be during the actual battle of Minas Tirith, or of the battle on Pelinor (Am I spelling that right?) Fields. Ill start it out.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Forinor was just a common man in Minas Tirith. He fed his wife and children, and even was making a good living in these dark times. When the army started drafting, He knew he would do his fair share to defend the white city.

He was giving a position on the first wall, and he held his bow tightly. He could see the advancing orc army's, with their massive siege towers and might trolls, the blood-lust and cruelty of their captains. He gave a small shiver, and at the command, aimed his first arrow. The siege engines went to work then, firing massive rocks towards the orc army's. He watched as groups of orcs got smashed by a rock that rolled, killing more orcs. Then, the enemy launched rocks at us, killing many soldiers and civilians alike. The commander gave the order to fire arrows, and the one he aimed so carefully at a troll sent off a whistling sound as it flew towards the troll. He looked and saw that it hit the orc in the eye, causing it pain but no real damage.

The ladders came up, and the commander gave the order to fire at will. Forinor fired again, hitting a orc lifting a ladder and causing it to fall back on its on troops. He had gotten 5 more orc's with arrows and had just pulled out his sword when he felt a BOOM! and saw that the siege towers had made it to the walls. He saw the line of orcs rushing towards the group of soldiers he was in, and yelled out a fierce battle cry as the orcs hit the line and he slashed one off the wall. A siege tower hit the walls right next to his group, and now they had to fight from two sides.

Forinor parried a sword, and bashed his sheild into the orc causing it to hit a few of its comrades and cause them to all fall down. Forinor gave a warcry again, and slashed at the next orc. The slash hit the orc across from its left shoulder to its right hip, and the orc fell down. He stabbed it to kill it, and blocked a slash with his shield. He was about to slash again, but he felt a sudden tearing pain in his stomache. He looked down, and saw the orcs sword in his belly. The orc gave a evil grin, and twisted the sword and kicked him off the wall. He felt himself falling, falling, falling, then....nothing.
    Last edited by muter3456; July 13, 2010 at 04:54 PM.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: Tales of the battle of Minas Tirith and Pelinor Fields

Quote Originally Posted by muter3456 View Post
    You can post here made up stories from the battle of Minas Tirith. They can be of anything that was in the battlefield, Soldier or Troll, Orc or or even a civilian! It just HAS to be during the actual battle of Minas Tirith, or of the battle on Pelinor (Am I spelling that right?) Fields. Ill start it out.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Forinor was just a common man in Minas Tirith. He fed his wife and children, and even was making a good living in these dark times. When the army started drafting, He knew he would do his fair share to defend the white city.

He was giving a position on the first wall, and he held his bow tightly. He could see the advancing orc army's, with their massive siege towers and might trolls, the blood-lust and cruelty of their captains. He gave a small shiver, and at the command, aimed his first arrow. The siege engines went to work then, firing massive rocks towards the orc army's. He watched as groups of orcs got smashed by a rock that rolled, killing more orcs. Then, the enemy launched rocks at us, killing many soldiers and civilians alike. The commander gave the order to fire arrows, and the one he aimed so carefully at a troll sent off a whistling sound as it flew towards the troll. He looked and saw that it hit the orc in the eye, causing it pain but no real damage.

The ladders came up, and the commander gave the order to fire at will. Forinor fired again, hitting a orc lifting a ladder and causing it to fall back on its on troops. He had gotten 5 more orc's with arrows and had just pulled out his sword when he felt a BOOM! and saw that the siege towers had made it to the walls. He saw the line of orcs rushing towards the group of soldiers he was in, and yelled out a fierce battle cry as the orcs hit the line and he slashed one off the wall. A siege tower hit the walls right next to his group, and now they had to fight from two sides.

Forinor parried a sword, and bashed his sheild into the orc causing it to hit a few of its comrades and cause them to all fall down. Forinor gave a warcry again, and slashed at the next orc. The slash hit the orc across from its left shoulder to its right hip, and the orc fell down. He stabbed it to kill it, and blocked a slash with his shield. He was about to slash again, but he felt a sudden tearing pain in his stomache. He looked down, and saw the orcs sword in his belly. The orc gave a evil grin, and twisted the sword and kicked him off the wall. He felt himself falling, falling, falling, then....nothing.
    Good piece, though use the Spoiler Tag. I must say, writing a character's death is slightly enjoyable (don't take it the wrong way) in the LotR universe, you have the baselines of the afterlife and can apply your own thoughts to what could happen. I like the ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Good piece, though use the Spoiler Tag. I must say, writing a character's death is slightly enjoyable (don't take it the wrong way) in the LotR universe, you have the baselines of the afterlife and can apply your own thoughts to what could happen. I like the ending!
    Thanks for the compliments! Ill edit in that spoiler, I didn't think about that. And, I have no Idea how the LOTR Afterlife is.

I have no Idea how the LOTR Afterlife is.
    Return of the King, Film:

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
    Gandalf
    : End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... then you see it!
    Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
    Gandalf
    : White shores... and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.
    Pippin
    : Well, that isn't so bad.
    Gandalf
    : No. No, it isn't.
    Last edited by Inarus; July 13, 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Do the orcs go their too I wonder?

Do the orcs go their too I wonder?
    They were elves once so maybe their old forms go there.... I think I'll ask this in the Tolkien General Discussion

I'd believe that. They would make the place dreary if they were still orcs.