Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Consulate of Celer and Decimus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia - Consulate of Celer and Decimus

ooc: Imagine this is above the consul's post.

The pain grew every second he spoke, every word like a hammer hitting his skull with all strenght. He moved back, he needed to get away from him, the noise. Then, as it reached it's climax, as it was becoming unbearable, Caesar stopped, and the pain fadded. Annalis's look became smoother, relaxed, he looked up to see Caesar's eyes, meeting them with a mocking smile drown on his face. It was as if someone else had taken his place, as if the weakened Herrenius was gone, and a different entity had taken him.

"Dear Jupiter! Haha! Celer, are you somewhere in there?!" he said, to Caesar's face, as he looked at his ears, as if he was expecting to find Celer hiding inside.

"My friend, all this poppies and drugs deal! My goodness... are you sure you're not the one on those things? So a man claims he saw me at a pub, a place where I am known for not frequenting, and somehow you jump to the conclusion that I, a former Consul, am a drug addicted fool, and wish to travel to the East to get more of it? How can you jump to such conclusions from such, truly, unconvincing evidence.

If I was not talking to a Senator, I would think someone is attemting to stain my good name to get his chance to rise in his military achievements...

The facts remain my friend: Rome needs a Coconsul. I can take the office, and this ridiculous claims are but a desperate attempt to accomplish your poplitical agenda."

Caesar nods to Pinchares who is among the crowd watching the debate. He leaves for a moment and the Senate bursts into muffled talking. Caesar keeps his eyes on Herrenius as if to say, "Confess and I will get you the drugs."

Pinchares arrives a moment later with the Barkeep in tow. The bearded man is stunned and shocked. He is thrusted in front of hundreds of old, angry faces.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Consul will you seriously consider this? Isn't it obvious that he just wishes to take the campaign at all cost? What if a man at a tavern claims he saw me? Is my face so special not to have men who look like me in Rome? Has this occured to you at all? I can prove that I was at my home, both by my slaves and son saw me there, all day, grieving.

I am loath to bring the landlord in for questioning, I fear that a few coins may sway his mind either way, his testimony would not be particularly valid. Besides, I have knowledge of this plant, Herrenius here displays no sign of addiction nor of ever having touched the plant.

If you insist then let us be quick. Herrenius would make an excellent choice as Suffectus Pro-Consul, he has that "experience" that you deem so remarkable Caesar.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Consul will you seriously consider this? Isn't it obvious that he just wishes to take the campaign at all cost? What if a man at a tavern claims he saw me? Is my face so special not to have men who look like me in Rome? Has this occured to you at all? I can prove that I was at my home, both by my slaves and son saw me there, all day, grieving.
    "You said you have never stepped into a bar. If the barkeep says he saw you then it proves you were lying."

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Praepositus
    Citizen

"Silence. The accused shall stand trial before the Senate."

OOC: New thread coming, hang on a minute, don't start discussing yet.

You have already said Caesar that the supposed "Herrenius'" face was covered, your man only saw it by a trick of the eye, his positioning made his see the face by luck. I am unwilling to believe that the barman saw it at any point if such secrecy was felt needed by whomever you speak of in the tavern.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Quote Originally Posted by Birderer View Post
    You have already said Caesar that the supposed "Herrenius'" face was covered, your man only saw it by a trick of the eye, his positioning made his see the face by luck. I am unwilling to believe that the barman saw it at any point if such secrecy was felt needed by whomever you speak of in the tavern.
    "I never said any such thing. His face was covered only once, which actually gave a clear view to my man."

Praepositus
    Citizen

Go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...65#post7672565 but wait for RVFVS to testify first.

And if I claim I saw you entering a homosexual orgy party, would that mean you were in fact there, fool?" said Herrenius, who grew desperate and angry. "The only thing that matters here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is if I will be capable of running the province. I believe the fact that I am here debating with you proves that I CAN DO IT!" yelled Herrenius, nearly spitting, and immediately noticing the agressivity in his words. He was growing angry, like at the pub. He had to remain calm if he wanted that to end.

"Given your agressivity and seeming careful planning of all this, I would not be surprised if you have in fact convinced your freedman to lie and paid that bar tender!"

ooc: Ok i post slowlier than you, just pretend this was above as well...
    Last edited by Ozy; July 14, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

Praepositus
    Citizen

"SILENCE"

Quintillius is very angry now.

"Both of you will stop discussing this before the trial. As is my power as Consul this topic is not for discussion at the moment."

OOC: Go to the new thread.

Consul, let us return to our appropriate procedures and let the trial take place when it is supposed to. Now, our current debate is surrounding the administration of the province of Asia, but let us first set that aside and focus on the Quaestor's report. Working with what little finances we have now seems acceptable. We have more than enough legions to adequately plug any invasion gaps the enemy may have set up. Simultaneously, by enacting the quaestor's new plan, we may very well see a rise in trade and our economy may very well be on its way back to making profits. I ask that you move it to vote if no other debate about it should occur.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

A slave calmly walks into the Curia and hands a scroll to Caesar.

"Gentlemen, news from Consul Celer!"

He opened the scroll.

Salve!

Patavium is well so are the legions. I took the Legio XIV East and forced the Illyrians North.

Cornered, I engaged the Illyrians.

The battle was quick and simple. I sent a few cohorts to attack the hoplites head on and also sent one of my legates, Fabius Pictor, to lead a flank with two more cohorts. The ensuing melee was bloody for the Illyrians where they lost most of their army.

During the battle Pictor won one on one combat with the Illyrian general. Therefore I saw fit to award him the Corona Civica.

In the end the victory was clear and descisive with only ninety Romans dead or wounded.

I now march on Aquila and then Illyria itself. May the Gods be with us in this conquest.

Ti. Marcius Celer, Consul

SPQR
    OOC: Its not the best but I am hella tired from work and its the best I could force myself to do.
    Last edited by RVFVS; July 14, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Ilyria itself, as if we had already given him the authority to do so. Aquila I can accept but Ilyria? This is an act of insubordination of a man acting beyond his authority. Have we not decided that he is to return to Rome after his repelling of the attackers? If we have not done so, then I am to propose a motion.

I. Tiberius Marcius Celer is to return after his conquest of Aquila.
    II. Quintilius Octavius Decimus is to proceed to conduct the war in Ilyria and then proceed to Asia as suffectus for Proconsul Severus
    III. A suffectus consul election is to take place

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Praepositus
    Citizen

"No. The. Compromise was that I would lead in Asia In the position of consul, with Celer as suffectus proconsul, and the praetor runs the senate in our stead. I have no ambition to be a proconsul, my duties and life lies within Rome."

A senator stood up,

"Yes of course, let's complicate things. Or of course we could just send Herrenius and be done with this matter swiftly..."

Before we settle upon that, what of the quaestor's suggestion? As of now, Asia is under Senatorial command while Spain, Nearer Gaul, and the Punic Isles are still under the command of their governors. I recommend the quaestor write to the governors of those regions regarding his suggestions and then enact his proposal in Asia. Now, should we need any reminder as to the proposal, I shall bring up what the quaestor has suggested:

Osca:
    -Fodina(Mine) 1900
    -Sinus(Port) 2090

Carthago Nova:
    -Fodina 2000

Suguntum:
    -Fodina 2000

Thermon:
    -Sinus 2200

Athens:
    -Fodina 2000

Larissa:
    -Sinus 2200

Pergamum:
    -Fodina 2000

Smyrna:
    -Sinus 2200
    So, Senators, let us continue with state business as rapidly as possible.

Crusades

Given that proconsul Rhadamanthus seems to have a mail network of his own I've asked him to circulate the letter through military channels. It should speed up the reply considerably given that action is required before the end of this term if we plan on having anything to spend in the coming years.

By the way senators, did no one find that the battle report and the casualties he gave us seem a bit strange? I believe we only lost 760 men in that engagement if these reports are correct.

Last edited by dragoon47; July 15, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    "No. The. Compromise was that I would lead in Asia In the position of consul, with Celer as suffectus proconsul, and the praetor runs the senate in our stead. I have no ambition to be a proconsul, my duties and life lies within Rome."
    "Exactly and seeing how Herrenius is currently ties up I have decided to propose the following motion:

Lex Julia

I. That Consul Tiberius Marcius Celer be given Imperium over ALL Illyrian lands and keep his current four legions.
    II. That Consul Tiberius Marcius Celer be made Suffectus Governor of Asia (and the Eastern Provinces).
    III. That should the Seleucid Empire attack Asia Consul Quintillius Octavius Decimus be given Imperium to defeat them.

I would ask that the Consul second this and then that we bring it to an immediate vote so Celer can begin his administrative duties."

Four legions?

I don't remember anyone even giving my proposal a second thought and now he's putting my plans into effect without anyone's approval let alone mine?
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast