Thread: Graphical Issues

Default Graphical Issues

Hi, just want to say great mod and keep the new versions coming, I downloaded the all in one pack and the problem im having is whenever I see chaos units on the campaign map crazy lines start flying all over the screen and its really annoying, this happens in the actual battles as well sometimes, I have a good computer that can run normal medieval 2 with tons of units on screen but it might be something to do with that who knows... anyway thanks for any help you guys might be able to provide...also iv'e just learned that High Elves produce the worst efects so its not a computer problem.

PS: also does anyone know if the latest translation is included in that pack ( or just latest patch in general)? Just curious if I could improve it
    Last edited by Sahaal31; July 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Default Re: Graphical Issues

Heres a pic with whats going on if anyone can lend a hand that be great (does this with chaos units on the campaign map so its really annoying)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I heard this can be fixed by putting the unit detail on "high".

tried almost every setting combination including high, nothing seems to help. Thanks for the suggestion though

Citizen

Did you change your resolution? Anti-Aliasing?

yup and yup

Citizen

I don't have any idea on how to fix this. I'm terribly sorry I cannot help you.

Please, if somebody can help Sahaal31, it would be very much appreciated.

Sahaal31

There may be various factors affecting this. 1st of all update your video card drivers to the latest version, secondly upadte your direct x, also try starting the game in compatibility mode for Windows Xp SP3. And make sure you have the latest windows upadtes installed ( including service pack).

I'll try the updates and drivers I have windows 7 so my Dx is up to date as well, thanks for the tips!

I tried everything you posted here nothing seemed to work, I do think however it might have something to do with the resolution but the game auto changes the resolution every time a battle starts and it overrides my setting so im not to sure what to do about it....

I had this problem back when I played Rome: Total War on my old computer. It was fixed by turning off Pixel Shading and setting unit detail to high. However Medieval 2 has built in Pixel Shading 2.0 requirement. So you can try setting unit detail to high but you may need a newer GPU or pixel shader emulator software.

Its a brand new computer less than 8 months old and iv'e tried setting to high, but mostly I learned to just auto resolve high-elves, but chaos generals doing it on the main campaign Board is still really obnoxious. I'll look in the pixel shading thing though thanks for the help.

unfortunatly the only way i found to fix this is to turn the unit details low