Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Heros

Default More Heros

I recently read in a post that some people were wanting more hero's in game, and were bummed how busy soul has been of late. I have been able to learn how to make such heros like in HHB. I have made myself a hero for ireland was going to make some for other factions, mainly those who dont have any atm. This is only temporary until Soul's next release. I dont have the know how to create the special characters on the campaign map. My heros would have units from the stock KGCM. For example, for Conor O'Dea i used Lords Retinue as his battle map unit and default character for a general on the campaign map, and King Brians portrait. Here are some screenies:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I plan on doing some for the factions i play with, but if enough people want this I can do it for all factions and post the necessary files. Just leave name and faction of the general(s) you want. I'll probably wait a week to get started if enough are interested so I have plenty of people to incorporate.

EDIT: Please keep the people you want to the time frame of the campaign, 1180-1380. Im going to try not to add any kings, leaders of military orders are fine though.
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 11, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: More Heros

what a huge WIN! thanks alot!! love the work

I'll take all Irish heros thanks for the work!!

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

no problem man. I was glad to make O'Dea cause my family name before immigrating to America was O'Dea, its now Day. One of these days i need to go visit the clans castle.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

This one looks like a more updated one of my Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod?

Wow Chris7ian he's awesome!

I may make a hero for ireland myself...I'll take requests,Philip maybe you could suggest one?

ireland starts with one hero....hugh o'neill

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm... sorry to be a doomsayer, but have you got a battlemap skin for him- cos otherwise one may as well just have a unit of lords retinue. I'd much prefer it if hero abilities (as in vanilla crusades) were added to the existing units, as then they actually would have an impressive impact in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    ireland starts with one hero....hugh o'neill
    huge isit init till queen elizabeth

You can have Sir John de Wogan who pops up in 1297
    if you didn't have him Ireland wouldit have been a republic today, he made the first Parliament to fight the scottish.He wented to stop all the Irish fighting each other and fight the Scottish, it worked (well not all Joined him and joined the scots) but they stoped Edward the Bruce and the scottish taking over Ireland.
    but the down side is that the English begin looking for a fight in 1361.

I guess his army would be made of Muire,Ridire, alot of Cliathairi and Gaelic Archers.
    Last edited by PhilipO'Hayda; July 11, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

@ mage, I probably could use anything already made by Soul but I dont have the knowledge or adobe photoshop in order to make custom skins. Like you said its just a unit of Lords Retinue with a name. I prolly could add hero abilities but I have not because they already arent in HHB and I have never used them before. The idea was for people who want to role play and make the game a little more personable. Some of Soul's heros were just stock units, like hugh o'neill was just a unit of Muire with no special skins in campaign map or battle map. This isnt a mod to have instead of HHB this is a small addition Im willing to do for people if they want some stock units to be heros until Soul is back with his HHB 2.0. Nothing I'm doing is special enough for me to call it a sub mod. Honestly all the extra work people put into the graphics isnt worth it in my mind, I only care about the gameplay and this imo makes the game a lil more enjoyable.

@ philip this is KGCM 4.2 with HHB sub mod.

@ Grislok yeah Ireland has hugh but he really doesnt fit this time period and his tactics involded ambushing English troops with firearms, not a swordsmen. I made O'Dea because I wanted to learn how to do it and also he is an ancestor of mine so as geeky as it sounds I can make my family rule Ireland and the world. He fits perfectly within the time frame of this mod having fought the battle of Dysert O'Dea in 1318.
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 11, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by chris7ian View Post
    @ philip this is KGCM 4.2 with HHB sub mod.
    Ya I'll download that tomere. thanks alot you have been a huge help today chris7ian.

np man after i get hero's for most factions ill upload all at once. If anyone has any suggestions for other nations it would help so i dont have to research as much.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

@ Grislok yeah Ireland has hugh but he really doesnt fit this time period and his tactics involded ambushing English troops with firearms, not a swordsmen. I made O'Dea because I wanted to learn how to do it and also he is an ancestor of mine so as geeky as it sounds I can make my family rule Ireland and the world. He fits perfectly within the time frame of this mod having fought the battle of Dysert O'Dea in 1318.[/QUOTE]

Not geeky....neo-maxi zoom dweebyish....yes.

you can have Richard "Strongbow" de Clare in there. aldo taking over Ireland was one thing, submitting to England is other but still you can have him in there

Quote Originally Posted by philipOhayda View Post
    Ya I'll download that tomere. thanks alot you have been a huge help today chris7ian.
    tryed failed, break the game doing so

I can make you an auto installer for this mod easy,all you have to do Is send my the files...

well I just break my Grand Kingdoms game trying to put in Heroes Hordes & beyond.
    A! well I was in the mood for playing Britannia Campaign anyway. I wish wilddog could finish up on Princes, Kings and Heroes now thats a mod I went to play.

@peter sounds good. Its hard trying to find heroes for factions like Portugal and Spain that weren't the actual kings. So I'll probably have some kings.

@Philip for Ireland I was going to keep it to anti-english and anti_scotish generals. De Wogan was an englishmen i believe as was de Clare. These people wanted an Irish state subject to the Norman monarchy.
    He wanted a unified Ireland alright, subject to England.

Edward the bruce was a Scot tryin to take over Ireland and have the title High King of Ireland. Most Irish did not support this. The Irish might have helped the Scotish at times but they were not going to allow a foreigner as High King

I'm going to do some more research. My main goal was to have every nation have at least one hero, and no more than two in addition to Soul's heroes.

Spain - Saint Ferdinand III - early game turn - United the crowns of Castile and Galicia and Leon. Captured most of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors. Was canonized in 1671.

England - Edward of Woodstock - war with france - The first Prince of Wales to have never ruled as King of England. Victorious at Crecy, crippling the French
    military for a decade, conquered Aquitaine.

Russia - Dmitry Donskoy - moscow under siege - Prince of Moscow who openly challenged Mongol rule. Beat the Tatar invaders in the Battle of Kulikovo on the Don River.

Scotland - Robert the Bruce - war with two nations - Leader of Scotland during the Wars of Scottish Independence in which Scotland won their independence at Bannockburn.
    Edward the Bruce??? - war with ireland - Brother of Robert King of Scots. Tried to unify Ireland under himself. Self proclaimed High king of Ireland. Defeated and killed in battle by the Normans at Faughart. His defeat was said to be the greatest gift from the Anglo-Normans to the Irish people. "And there was not done from the beginning of the world a deed that was better for the Men of Ireland than that deed. For there came death and loss of people during his time in all Ireland in general for the space of three years and a
    half and people undoubtedly used to eat each other throughout Ireland." Annals of Ulster

Flanders - William of Julich - War with france - Opposed the annexation of Flanders by French King Philip IV. Leader of Flemish at the battle of the Golden Spurs. Died two years later at the Battle of Mons-en-Pevele.

HRE - Rudolph von Hapsburg - late game turn - Victorious at the Battle of Marchfeld. Allied with Ladislaus IV of Hungary, their combined forces defeated Ottokar II of Bohemia.
    Was key in elvating the Habsburg family to prominence in Austria and all of Europe.

Portugal - Afonso III - war with spain - Led Portugal in the reclamation of Algarve from the Moors, and against the Castilians over authority to rule Algarve.

France - Bertrand du Guesclin - War with England - The Eagle of Brittany. Led a guerrila war that wore down English forces allowing the French to recover lost territories.

Ireland - Conor O'Dea - midde game turn - Done
    Godrey O'Donnell - siege on donegal - Lord of Tirconnell, defeated Lord Maurice Fitzgerald and his Anglo-Norman army at the Battle of Creadran Cille.

Wales - Madog ap Llyweln - late game turn -

Norway - Magnus VI - war with england
    Haakon Haakonson - war with Denmark

Denmark -

Poland - Wladyslaw the short - was with teutonic order

Mongol - Batu Khan - war with Poland

Venice -

Milan -

Sicily -

Papal States -

Hungary -

Byzantine Empire - Alexios Strategopoulos - War with Venice - Commander in chief of the Kingdom of Nicea, he restored Constantiople to Byzantine rule.

Turkey -

Lithuanians -

Antioch -

Jerusalem -

Egypt -

Thats all i got for now. I havent been able to find any good sources on the web. Any help from some history buffs would be welcomed. Venice and Milan/Genoa, Denmark,Papal States, Apaches, and Aztecs might not have any. So if you play with any of those and know of some historical generals from this time frame plz post.
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

@Philip for Ireland I was going to keep it to anti-english and anti_scotish generals. De Wogan was an englishmen i believe as was de Clare. These people wanted an Irish state subject to the Norman monarchy.
    He wanted a unified Ireland alright, subject to England.
    de Clare was the Norman leader in Ireland that became king of Ireland and then submitted to Herny the 2nd,
    de Wogan was a barron sent over to united Ireland and join England aginst Scotland.
    from what I understand. so ya I understond were your going you went a 100% blood of that land

Edward the bruce was a Scot tryin to take over Ireland and have the title High King of Ireland. Most Irish did not support this. The Irish might have helped the Scotish at times but they were not going to allow a foreigner as High King
    couldit have put it in batter words.

England - Edward of Woodstock - war with france - The first Prince of Wales to have never ruled as King of England. Victorious at Crecy, crippling the French
    military for a decade, conquered Aquitaine.

Scotland - Robert the Bruce - war with two nations - Leader of Scotland during the Wars of Scottish Independence in which Scotland won their independence at Bannockburn.
    Edward the Bruce??? - war with ireland - Brother of Robert King of Scots. Tried to unify Ireland under himself. Self proclaimed High king of Ireland. Defeated and killed in battle by the Normans at Faughart. His defeat was said to be the greatest gift from the Anglo-Normans to the Irish people. "And there was not done from the beginning of the world a deed that was better for the Men of Ireland than that deed. For there came death and loss of people during his time in all Ireland in general for the space of three years and a
    half and people undoubtedly used to eat each other throughout Ireland." Annals of Ulster

Ireland - Conor O'Dea - midde game turn - Done
    Godrey O'Donnell - siege on donegal - Lord of Tirconnell, defeated Lord Maurice Fitzgerald and his Anglo-Norman army at the Battle of Creadran Cille.

Wales - Madog ap Llyweln - late game turn -

love the work so far.

Last edited by chris7ian; July 17, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast